Convercent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 23, 2018

4.0
Patrick Quinlan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Company is hitting its stride"

I have been working at Convercent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office space is pretty cool, open areas and artwork all over the place. The benefits are great, free rtd passes and gym memberships in addition to standard medical and dental, etc. The culture is improving a ton, everyone seems to be heading the same direction. Salaries are competitive, and people live the values.

Cons

Fast pace may not be for some.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going, we have the right people in the right places!

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Convercent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great workplace culture. Full transparency from the top-down. I think there is great support, amazing leadership and love the positive impact our software has on individuals and organizations. I truly do feel that this is a company that holds true to their values.

Cons

Honestly.. Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

None.. Keep doing what you are doing.

"Potential, but have a long way to go"

I worked at Convercent full-time

Pros

Every employee I worked with at Convercent was 100% invested in the company. Their mission is admirable and talent top notch.

Cons

Culture is toxic; so toxic that no exit interviews are given. The CEO may be open and honest but has little integrity. Not all hope is lost however; recent new hires in upper management may help to bring this company where it needs to be in this market.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at your staff and make some hard decisions to remove people that are not team players and don't have the right positive attitude to help take the company forward. Hiring good people that need a bit of nurturing is always better than having poison apples on the team in my opinion.

Convercent Response

Oct 22, 2018 – Sr. Director of Employee Experience

Thanks for your feedback; we regret that your experience with us was negative. While don't feel that our overall culture is toxic, we need to remain vigilant about toxicity in the organization... More

"A company held to a higher standard"

I have been working at Convercent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"Driving ethics to the center of business" as your business model puts you under close scrutiny. If you don't practice what you preach, you'll be out in the cold in no time. Convercent makes it a point to listen to their employees and elicit their feedback. This continued conversation isn't just for show, it's used to drive business decisions.

Cons

Although the initial compensation package is impressive, the "unlimited PTO" is a gimmick I wish they'd get rid of. 401(k) program is kind of lame (no matching), and no set cost of living salary increases are in place.

Advice to Management

I have no advise to give. What they are doing is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard. They are fortunate to have invested & patient board members and clients. Maybe tried to be first to market with too many things instead of just getting really good at a few things first. Perhaps jumped into aggressive sales before the product was vetted and stable.

"Best SaaS Company in Denver"

I have been working at Convercent full-time

Pros

- lives and breaths their values
    - always looking for ways to improve
    - executive leadership truly believes in the Company's mission
    - office culture is really fun (dog friendly, scooters, free snacks & beer)
    - great pay and benefits (unlimited PTO)

Cons

- the product still has its challenges (like all software companies), but significant improvements have been made in 2018
    - fast growth mean fast change; employees need to be on their toes and willing to pivot as necessary
    - high growth SaaS companies like Convercent inherently have daily challenges that need to be overcome, all employees need to be critical thinkers who have a proven experience in solving problems

6. "Amazing place to work!"

I have been working at Convercent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Awesome staff- all of the people that work here are really fun to be around
    - Great benefits - health care and the office perks
    - Great leadership buy in - the leadership team works hard to include employees in decisions
    - Amazing mission and vision - this company is going places
    - They work hard to make everyone feel valued

Cons

So far I have none

"A Company Selling Ethics & Compliance Software With No Ethics"

I worked at Convercent full-time

Pros

Fun, hip work environment and an honest belief in helping make the world a more ethical place is contagious.

Cons

Executive leadership team that does not operate ethically, does not have a clear future strategy and roadmap, and constant turnover of people impact the companies ability to ever move forward.

Advice to Management

Try sticking to a plan for longer then three months, the constant reinvention does nothing but stall progress.

Convercent Response

Sep 4, 2018 – Sr. Director of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly can't deny that we've had the same issues as other growing companies in regard to turnover and shifting plans. As a company, we have made great strides... More

8. "Both Rewarding & Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Convercent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Convercent for 3 years now and I can honestly say there is something very special about the culture here. I understand it is not for everyone - but for me, it has been a very rewarding, albeit at times challenging, experience.

The leaders have always been supportive and willing to take responsibility/ownership when problems come up, rather than using their employees as shields for difficult conversations. Managers trust their employees and allow them workplace flexibility. This results in employees that work hard without having to be micromanaged and creates a culture that is great to work in.

The work we do is meaningful and impactful and at the end of the day, I'm proud to tell others about the product, mission and company I work for. Unlimited PTO, beautiful office in a great location, bright coworkers, empathetic leadership, great benefits, flexible schedules, kitchen snacks + expresso....and did I mention, DOGS!

Cons

Product issues have been an ongoing challenge, however I don't think this is different than any other SaaS company. Working with frustrated customers has become part of a daily routine and communication can be challenging as there is not a single channel to communicate issues/fixes to customers. If you are willing to track down the right people to get an answer - you usually can get what you need, but this leaves you exhausted and thinking, "There's got to a better way".

Advice to Management

Continue to invest resources in building the right teams. Continue to believe in and support your employees, and continue leading by example. Your employees notice and it inspires us to lean in.

9. "Company heading in the right direction"

I have been working at Convercent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have to admit, when I read the reviews of this company before I interviewed, I was a bit apprehensive of working here. There had been a lot of turn over and the engineering department was in turmoil. After speaking with the CTO, I was assured that changes were being made and I knew, for some, change can be difficult.
    The benefits are awesome. Unlimited PTO, Cigna healthcare which is fairly inexpensive, snacks, FSA, eco-pass, and dogs all day, every day.
    The company is definitely going through some growing pains but they are working hard to make the transitions as painless as possible.

Cons

The biggest downside is the parking situation. We've moved into a new building which is uber cool but, there is construction on EVERY street around the building and it's made parking difficult.
    They also offer a 401K but no matching as of now.

10. "Convercent"

Current Employee - F&A in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - F&A in Denver, CO

I have been working at Convercent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros include:
    - A great mission, vision, and value. You can leave the office every day knowing that Convercent is actively making a difference for our customers and their employees.
    - The people. Everyone I've worked with here is helpful, open, and willing to share their tips and tricks for success.
    - Benefits package is great, including the medical/dental/vision plans, casual office, dog friendly, unlimited PTO
    - It's very much a work hard, play hard vibe in the office. This is great for some people that enjoy staying busy and putting active thought into their jobs and workplace. It may be a con for someone looking to just coast along in a 9-5 cushy spot.
    - Majority of the senior management I've worked with (I haven't worked with all) is willing to listen and genuinely cares about the feedback from employees who care enough to speak up.
    - We use our own product, and very clearly believe in our solution.

Cons

- Upper management is actively working on communication and remaining transparent with the employees. There are some gaps here, but it's an issue they're upfront about