Convergence Marketing "area manager" Reviews | Glassdoor

Convergence Marketing Reviews

Updated 4 de Feb 2019

Found 110 reviews

2.6
Convergence Marketing CEO Brett Farren (no image)
Brett Farren

"Help build a company, with your blood, sweat and tears..."

Current Employee - Merchandiser/Team Leader in Erie, PA

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is fun to work in the various stores and the work constantly changes which makes it interesting. Some of the people that work there are very nice and professional. I enjoyed many of the people I worked with during the first three months.

Cons

Jobs are unfairly assigned. They tell you that you can self assign jobs, but when you do that they are then reassigned. There is not enough work. When I was hired I was promised 30 hours per week for at least the first three months, and this never happened. A few weeks reached twenty, but as a whole I averaged 10 hours per month. They also did not fulfill there promise regarding hourly pay or millage. I would be assigned stores that were far from home (60-80 miles round trip) and would not be reimbursed. Plus they do not pay you for all the paperwork you need to do or all the office supplies you must purchase. Most of the people I started with at the company have left and the new people in the field are extremely rude and do not seem to know what they are doing. I spoke to my area manager about everything I've written here and the companies response was to quit assigning me work. Which I did not mind because some jobs it actually cost me money to complete. For example, drive 30 miles to complete an assignment that took thirty minutes (they said it would take two hours), and get paid $5.50. The company concept is good, but poorly implemented. I feel under-employed and marginalized. There is no chance for advancement. It seems like more of a club that I am not a member of, and my role is to support and validate the club members by telling them what a great job they are doing and completing the assignments that they don't want.

Continue reading
    Convergence Marketing2013-09-19
  2. "Convergence Marketing offers a variety of work and pays similar to other local merchandising companies"

Merchandiser in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Convergence Marketing

Pros

Convergence Marketing offers decent wages, some benefits, and even mileage (sort of) You are given the opportunity to accept the assignments that you feel fit you best. You are an actual employee, not contract help.

Cons

If you get a poor area manager, you will have to deal with that in order to get assignments. Often times, personality conflicts or favoritism can affect the amount of work you receive. On occasion you will be asked to work outside of your area, and promised mileage reimbursement which you may or may not actually receive (again, goes back to whether or not you have a good area manager)

Continue reading