Convergent Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of the people that are still left are fun to work with. Alpharetta walking trails are directly behind the building so east to get lunch time exercise!

Cons

Was a stable company for many years. More like a family run business. It has been sold several times over the past few years so it is not very stable with new ownership.

2. "Stay Far-Far Away"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one will be looking over your shoulder! If you like minimal accountability, minimal reporting and being able to come & go as you please, this could be the job for you!

Cons

No one is actually minding the store! If you actually want to grow business, grow your personal wealth or feel like you are making a contribution to clients or the company, this company is NOT for you!

Advice to Management

You have a team of talented, eager and well-compensated employees. Give them the freedom to run the business under guidance of strategic objectives. The company has run under little to no direction for an astonishingly long time.

Jan 30, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. Transitions are tough, no doubt. We are now moving forward with new leadership, clear purpose and strategic direction.

3. "Good ole Boys."

Former Employee - Technical Support in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A paycheck every two weeks.

Cons

I have been in this industry for many many years, I have never seen such poor management across the board! Cut throat atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself...This place has changed ownership more than a hooker on a pay day Friday night.

4. "Do not even consider employment here"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Convergent Media full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady pay check. Requires minimal thinking

Cons

Good ole boys at their finest.

Advice to Management

I would seriously consider replacing several managers. Many do not think outside the box, and are somewhat trapped in 80's technology. A company cannot move forward without a serious upgrade in personnel. You will continue to be sold as you have in the past.

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Convergent Media full-time

Pros

Since change of leadership once again a market leader in the space. Bright and talented support, fun and intense atmosphere. Great team to belong to!

Cons

Career-pathing options for talented managers

Jun 5, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you, we love the feedback! There are so many cool things going on at Convergent right now, and we couldn't do it without the innovative, driven and talented people on our teams.

6. "Good and growing company"

Pros

Flexibility
    Work environment
    Growing and shows a promising future
    Pay isn't bad

There is always something new and fresh going on at the company.

Cons

There are very few cons to this company. If I had to list one com it would be sometimes it can feel slightly understaffed.

Jun 5, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you! We are thinking outside of the box and emerging once again as a leader in the digital media space. We have never been so excited for what the future holds. Go Team Convergent!!

7. "Teir 2 remote support"

Pros

great working environment, interesting work

Cons

very limited interpersonal tolerance available.

Jan 30, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We are continuously working to create a world-class environment where we challenge employees to be their best and focus on teamwork and collaboration.

"Convergent's Back!"

I have been working at Convergent Media full-time

Pros

With a strong new management team and a stable owner that intends to leverage Convergent as a key driver to growth, the future is bright. The company has a clear direction and plan that has been embraced and welcomed by all employees. There is a positive culture built around entrepreneurship, accountability and action. It's very fast-paced...almost with a start-up feel.

Cons

There are no cons yes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Jan 26, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Great to see the excitement! We have a lot of positive momentum and it can’t happen without the passion, enthusiasm and commitment from employees like you!

9. "Be wary."

I have been working at Convergent Media full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Can't think of any pros.

Cons

Little mobility within the organiztion. Until a recent massive layoff, in which there were "battlefield promotions", folks remained in the same positons they've held for years.

10. "Great experience - I learned a lot over the 18 years working there."

I worked at Convergent Media full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During the 18 years of employment I worked with a lot of professional people that loved the Convergent Media culture. Everyone worked together as a team to accomplished corporate goals. The company was profitable every year except for a few years during the recession.

Cons

New ownership by Ballantyne/Strong took place on 10/1/2013 and job security was gone.They drastically cut the work force in an effort to show profitability and hard working loyal employees lost their jobs. With the new ownership there's is absolutely no job security at all for anyone. If a nickle needs to be saved they will cut you from the work staff instead of working hard to find new revenue. You will never ever feel secure working for this company under the current ownership.

Advice to Management

Start looking for new management opportunities with a different company because your job will be cut if they can't figure out how to be profitable soon. The new owners over paid for a company that was in a industry that they have no experience running. They specialize in cinema installation and service - Convergent specialized in digital signage and content being delivered via satellite. The new owners are struggling with this new learning curve of operating a business that they have no knowledge on running. The new owners have a horrible reputation in the cinema industry for poor workmanship and over charging customers. Cinema technicians are trained to create equipment issues to manufacture labor hours. Poor company ethics. Everything is about the bottom line with the new owners - current managements bottom line should be to move on to a company that is employee friendly and you have job security.