Convergys Reviews in Chattanooga, TN | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • This was a work from home position (in 227 reviews)

• Great work environment great supervisors (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance wasnt that easy (in 64 reviews)

• It's a call center so you have to be able to handle the client calls that do come in (in 168 reviews)

"You get what you give"

Current Employee - Production Team Leader in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Production Team Leader in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous PTO, Lockers, Instant Win Prizes

Cons

Rules change to suit upper management

Advice to Management

Water your garden to foster growth and development. Write up discourage character and hinder development

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible times, 4 weeks of training

Cons

Everything else: laid off, terrible computers with low pay

Advice to Management

Better pay for dealing with the people's billing and getting yelled at.

3. "CRG-CSR"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid vacations even on part time. Monthly performance bonuses making part time pay equal to full time pay. 12 point attendance program and unpaid time off.

Cons

Coming out of training and onto the floor is a serious shock. It's a learn as you go job and you feel seriously uninformed at first.

Advice to Management

Management is wonderful there. They are really interested in and care about their employees. They are up front and try to help improve the employees.

"Work At Home"

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Fun atmosphere working at home...you know what to expect

Cons

Hours die off at random....lots of missc-communication for at home workers...information changes are not always communicated effectivly

Advice to Management

Give out information in a timely manor and give everyone the same training...re-train people who give wrong information out on purpose just to move to the next call.

"My experience was a happy one. I enjoyed the job and grateful for the opportunity."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perks. Free TV for DirecTV Account. Tuition reimbursement, and I worked from home.

Cons

Being on the phone can be trying. Very strict on time and when busy no breaks between calls.

7. "Training!!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get the job, friendly people, paid training, opportunity for bonuses, and they offered health, dental, and eye insurance.

Cons

Training is 5 weeks for 7.2 hours a day. No phone. No Paper or pencil. Those 7.2 hours dont go by fast.

"Used to love it"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Convergys (More than 5 years)

Pros

Convergys used to be a place i could count on to be treated fairly and compensated fairly. if i need to say at least one good thing is the diversity...at least they cant take that away

Cons

In the last year we have been lied to again and again, told we were going to be compensated fairly and then completely blindsided with the loss of income with no notice at all. They have no compassion or need apparently of loyal employees that know how to do the job well but expect to be paid in the same manner that we are used to

Advice to Management

I would advise management to think about the tenured agents and treat them fairly , but it would do no good

"Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire anyone, it's good to have a job, the building has great air conditioning in the winter, when you first start they give away prizes to alter your perception of the things to come

Cons

Horrible corporate culture, horrible management team, horrible workplace environment, you have to watch your paycheck to make sure they pay you for hours worked and when they don't it's nearly impossible to get fixed, performance bonus changes for the worst on a monthly basis without notice

Advice to Management

Do something besides smoke cigarettes and make excuses why nothing is getting done

10. "Disappointed"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

On the job fun, contests, music and friendly people and motivational environment.

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of hours you have to put in to complete basic required job duties in addition to the fun, contests, music and motivation.

Advice to Management

Reward salary employees better for building site motivation and support equally. Recognize team leaders with financial rewards for completing job duties and providing motivation. Save the $150 worth of laminating supplies and $50 balloons and give me the cash instead. My kids can't eat that laminated paper that hangs in my cubicale that I can never sit in to complete my work until after the employees I motivate all day are gone home. I come in before my agents and leave 2 to 3 hours after they have worked their shift and gone home. I can't be motivational if I'm hungry and my team gets paid more than me. This position is not what I was led to believe it would be. I'm disappointed that I support hundreds of agents to success and get rewarded by losing my PTO at the end of the year. Allow Team Leaders to get paid for their hard work it takes to meet call monitor goals, and administrative duties in addition to being motivational. Leaders that are compensated equally are more motivational. This is why your Team Leaders are always quitting. It's 70 hours of work for 38 hours of agent pay. It's sad that I made more as an agent than a Team Leader and now my agents make more than me.

11. "Continuous Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your peers become your family.

Cons

WAY too much turnover. The supervisors don't care about anything but the metrics. The supervisors are not willing to help when you have questions. Great CSRs are written up for stupid little things such as having your customer on hold for too long, but the supervisor is nowhere to be found in order to help that customer.

Advice to Management

Relax on the metrics, care for your employees, listen to them and get more involved.

Showing 49 of 3,695 reviews