Convergys Reviews in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This was a work from home position (in 238 reviews)

• Great work environment great supervisors (in 174 reviews)

Cons
  • Hours may sometimes challenge work-life balance but management encourages you to try to achieve that (in 74 reviews)

• It's a call center so you have to be able to handle the client calls that do come in (in 178 reviews)

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Reston, VA

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked from home. An my team was great and my supervisor was helpful and caring.

Cons

Schedule changes and pay sucked and then everyone got laid off because they lost the contract for the work at home project. Horrible hours with varing pay rate for different hours. An the time restrictions on calls was unfair, we couldn't meet them every time because 1. the customer wants to talk for more then 5 mins most times.. 2. we can't just hang-up on customers and go to the next. 3. we literally had no control over how long a troubleshooting issues would take if our computers were having technical issues. Some of the managers I came into contact with never wanted to help when we needed assistance more then half didn't want to do their jobs at all. There are so many cons but I will stick with the most important ones.

Advice to Management

Help your agents more and make sure their productivity schedules are better. You can't ask for them to meet a set standard without the proper training and assistance with difficult customers and the time restrictions you place on calls.

2. "Management is clueless to new trends"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Visits to the lovely city of Cincinnati. Also pay and benefits were fairly good.

Cons

Management is completely clueless as to how to lead this company and any sense of product management. I felt as if management was purposely trying to sink this company with some of the bad decisions they made. Luckily I left when this company's main projects were migrating customers off of their systems and onto competitors systems. BTW, if you do not plan to relocate to Cincinnati, do not expect any career progression as all opportunities are skewed for employees in Cincinnati.

Advice to Management

Leave and let someone who knows how to manage a software company lead this company.

Showing 2 of 4,047 reviews