Conversica Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Conversica CEO Alex Terry
Alex Terry

"manager"

Pros

The product is really great

Cons

team communication could be better

"Great Company"

Pros

Flexible hours, great benefits, great hours, great atmosphere

Cons

Always tough when a company is newer but this company is on its way up

Advice to Management

Continue training and supporting your staff and they will continue to blow results through the roof

3. "Awesome"

Pros

Great software clients love. Great coworkers. You can make good money.

Cons

Management is pretty rough. Lots of management changes over the course of a few years

Advice to Management

I have no comments to management

"A Solid Company Overall"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO, lots of time off around the holidays, fully stocked office kitchen, high turnover in the sales delartment (which translates to many advancement opportunities if you stick around), great management, and a friendly team.

Cons

Some people who deserve a promotion most are not promoted because management does not want to lose them in their current departments. Also, there is an old school sales vibe at this place. Many employees came from the automotive industry, and everyone is obsessed with Grant Cardone. That can be good or bad depending upon your perspective.

Advice to Management

Create a career advancement plan for your employees and don't hold anyone back.

"Great Company/Product - Room for Improvement"

Pros

Great people. Great product. Everyone is excited about what they are doing and how the product is developing. Focus on excellence in Customer Service, which I've come to really appreciate and recognize a lack of in my day-to-day experiences. The benefits, especially for a start-up, are amazing. On top of an amazing Office Mom, who makes us breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks and a (fantastic) massage therapist that comes on-site, the medical-dental-vision package is low-cost, with a low deductible, and we enjoy unlimited PTO are fantastic.The CEO, Alex Terry, has been with the company a year, and we are starting to see positive results from him. He is transparent, which is a fresh of breath air. The environment is really great, which translates to lasting work relationships and a great product/service. A work hard, play hard organization.

Cons

With any start-up, there are issues at the top - struggles to figure out how to run/manage departments successfully. Lots of process change in the beginning made it difficult to function. Being told to do something one day, and another the next. Also, not following standard practices across the board leads to poor experiences for the clients, even if they asked for it. Like any place, there are some bad apples - management should listen to their team about these people though. Compensation could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

For those that are vocal about issues, take them seriously. Criticism is not necessarily a direct attack at your person. It would be wise to listen to those who want to help you know where to make things better - not punish them, put them down, or make excuses for it. This is how you lose good employees.

"Great Company!"

Pros

Great benefits and people! Love the job.

Cons

Work many extra hours. High stress at times.

"Long Hours, Great Team"

Former Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA

I worked at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really innovative product that prospects are receptive to. Technology works well and the team is wonderful. High earning potential.

Cons

Very long hours and difficult work-life balance. Days are busy-busy-busy and a slow down would be helpful.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and provide more work-life balance for the team.

"Lots of Perks, Laid back, less structure than average."

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of perks with being a younger employee. The job is laid back with no micromanaging, keg upstairs, game system and pool table for breaks. The company has snacks and the office manager cooks lunch if you're in the Bellingham branch. There are many perks and there isn't a push to necessarily produce more as much as make sure you get your work done well and right and then it'll remain laid back.

Cons

The learning process seemed slow and that a lot of it was new processes for even management. Thing were constantly changing names, processes, abilities every two weeks.

Advice to Management

More structure to the learning process.

"Inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I agree with the pros listed on other reviews. Exciting artificial intelligence technology. It seems like we're working on something with really big potential - kind of like we're working on the future. Culture is fun and fast-paced. Free gourmet food on most days. My manager looks out for me.

Cons

We're growing fast and feel under-staffed. That has started to change recently with new senior management, but it feels like we have some catching up to do. Salaries are ok, but not great.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the team at least as fast as you're growing the number of customers. Keep the startup culture going as long as you can.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vision and product, I like where this company is going. Nice catered lunches and benefits for workers. Very nice offices.

Cons

Like most fast growing companies in the Valley, need to be very good with your time and work really hard since your work counts more in the grand scheme of things compared to working at a very large tech company with thousands of employees.

Advice to Management

I think company is going in the right direction in terms of becoming more specialized in terms of employees functions vs. employees wearing many hats. Getting that balance right is probably not easy.