Conversica Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Conversica CEO Alex Terry
Alex Terry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Absolutely cutting edge technology (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits such as provided lunches, generous time off, and great medical coverage with no waiting period (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual growing pains with any company that is rapidly expanding market share (in 3 reviews)

• Wish there was more hours in the day to give share with all my clients the new releases, features, and solutions that become available (in 2 reviews)

"Inspiring"

Current Employee - Management in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, dedicated people. Employee-friendly culture. Absolutely cutting edge technology. Dynamic environment for development and learning. And most importantly - product that customers absolutely love! (over 70 NPS score)

Cons

Nothing that's worth mentioning here.

Advice to Management

Keep making good decisions and hiring great people.

2. "Software engineer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Conversica as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Pros
    - Incredibly cutting edge"customer-focused" product
    - Continuously evolving to meet the requests and needs of clients
    - Strong leadership
    - Love my teammates, boss, and colleagues
    - Lunch/snacks/lots of soda water options
    - Innovation and enthusiasm across all departments, Executive Staff, and CEO

Cons

Cons
    - Wish there was more hours in the day to give share with all my clients the new releases, features, and solutions that become available

Advice to Management

- Let's have more group events/gatherings/parties to celebrate our teamwork and successes!

"Exciting Company, Exciting Product!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly cutting edge"customer-focused" product
    - Continuously evolving to meet the requests and needs of clients
    - Strong leadership
    - Love my teammates, boss, and colleagues
    - Lunch/snacks/lots of soda water options
    - Innovation and enthusiasm across all departments, Executive Staff, and CEO

Cons

Advice to Management

- Keep innovating!
    - Keep hiring!

"Growing Company with tons of Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's one of the few tech companies located in Bellingham. Great benefits such as provided lunches, generous time off, and great medical coverage with no waiting period.

The company has been around for about 10 years, and is growing quickly, meaning that employees who work hard there are lots of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The company is transitioning from a start up company to a larger company, and definitely had growing pains. The job can get stressful, and sometimes the hours can be long.

Advice to Management

More employee incentives to keep up the level of work expected

"manager"

Pros

The product is really great

Cons

team communication could be better

"A Solid Company Overall"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO, lots of time off around the holidays, fully stocked office kitchen, high turnover in the sales delartment (which translates to many advancement opportunities if you stick around), great management, and a friendly team.

Cons

Some people who deserve a promotion most are not promoted because management does not want to lose them in their current departments. Also, there is an old school sales vibe at this place. Many employees came from the automotive industry, and everyone is obsessed with Grant Cardone. That can be good or bad depending upon your perspective.

Advice to Management

Create a career advancement plan for your employees and don't hold anyone back.

"Great Company/Product - Room for Improvement"

Pros

Great people. Great product. Everyone is excited about what they are doing and how the product is developing. Focus on excellence in Customer Service, which I've come to really appreciate and recognize a lack of in my day-to-day experiences. The benefits, especially for a start-up, are amazing. On top of an amazing Office Mom, who makes us breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks and a (fantastic) massage therapist that comes on-site, the medical-dental-vision package is low-cost, with a low deductible, and we enjoy unlimited PTO are fantastic.The CEO, Alex Terry, has been with the company a year, and we are starting to see positive results from him. He is transparent, which is a fresh of breath air. The environment is really great, which translates to lasting work relationships and a great product/service. A work hard, play hard organization.

Cons

With any start-up, there are issues at the top - struggles to figure out how to run/manage departments successfully. Lots of process change in the beginning made it difficult to function. Being told to do something one day, and another the next. Also, not following standard practices across the board leads to poor experiences for the clients, even if they asked for it. Like any place, there are some bad apples - management should listen to their team about these people though. Compensation could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

For those that are vocal about issues, take them seriously. Criticism is not necessarily a direct attack at your person. It would be wise to listen to those who want to help you know where to make things better - not punish them, put them down, or make excuses for it. This is how you lose good employees.

"Great Company!"

Pros

Great benefits and people! Love the job.

Cons

Work many extra hours. High stress at times.

"Lots of Perks, Laid back, less structure than average."

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of perks with being a younger employee. The job is laid back with no micromanaging, keg upstairs, game system and pool table for breaks. The company has snacks and the office manager cooks lunch if you're in the Bellingham branch. There are many perks and there isn't a push to necessarily produce more as much as make sure you get your work done well and right and then it'll remain laid back.

Cons

The learning process seemed slow and that a lot of it was new processes for even management. Thing were constantly changing names, processes, abilities every two weeks.

Advice to Management

More structure to the learning process.

"Inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I agree with the pros listed on other reviews. Exciting artificial intelligence technology. It seems like we're working on something with really big potential - kind of like we're working on the future. Culture is fun and fast-paced. Free gourmet food on most days. My manager looks out for me.

Cons

We're growing fast and feel under-staffed. That has started to change recently with new senior management, but it feels like we have some catching up to do. Salaries are ok, but not great.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the team at least as fast as you're growing the number of customers. Keep the startup culture going as long as you can.