Conversica Reviews | Glassdoor

Conversica Reviews

Updated August 1, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Absolutely cutting edge technology (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits such as provided lunches, generous time off, and great medical coverage with no waiting period (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual growing pains with any company that is rapidly expanding market share (in 3 reviews)

• Wish there was more hours in the day to give share with all my clients the new releases, features, and solutions that become available (in 2 reviews)

"Great Company/Product - Room for Improvement"

Pros

Great people. Great product. Everyone is excited about what they are doing and how the product is developing. Focus on excellence in Customer Service, which I've come to really appreciate and recognize a lack of in my day-to-day experiences. The benefits, especially for a start-up, are amazing. On top of an amazing Office Mom, who makes us breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks and a (fantastic) massage therapist that comes on-site, the medical-dental-vision package is low-cost, with a low deductible, and we enjoy unlimited PTO are fantastic.The CEO, Alex Terry, has been with the company a year, and we are starting to see positive results from him. He is transparent, which is a fresh of breath air. The environment is really great, which translates to lasting work relationships and a great product/service. A work hard, play hard organization.

Cons

With any start-up, there are issues at the top - struggles to figure out how to run/manage departments successfully. Lots of process change in the beginning made it difficult to function. Being told to do something one day, and another the next. Also, not following standard practices across the board leads to poor experiences for the clients, even if they asked for it. Like any place, there are some bad apples - management should listen to their team about these people though. Compensation could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

For those that are vocal about issues, take them seriously. Criticism is not necessarily a direct attack at your person. It would be wise to listen to those who want to help you know where to make things better - not punish them, put them down, or make excuses for it. This is how you lose good employees.

"Great Company!"

Pros

Great benefits and people! Love the job.

Cons

Work many extra hours. High stress at times.

"Long Hours, Great Team"

Former Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA

I worked at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really innovative product that prospects are receptive to. Technology works well and the team is wonderful. High earning potential.

Cons

Very long hours and difficult work-life balance. Days are busy-busy-busy and a slow down would be helpful.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and provide more work-life balance for the team.

"Lots of Perks, Laid back, less structure than average."

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of perks with being a younger employee. The job is laid back with no micromanaging, keg upstairs, game system and pool table for breaks. The company has snacks and the office manager cooks lunch if you're in the Bellingham branch. There are many perks and there isn't a push to necessarily produce more as much as make sure you get your work done well and right and then it'll remain laid back.

Cons

The learning process seemed slow and that a lot of it was new processes for even management. Thing were constantly changing names, processes, abilities every two weeks.

Advice to Management

More structure to the learning process.

"Inspiring place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I agree with the pros listed on other reviews. Exciting artificial intelligence technology. It seems like we're working on something with really big potential - kind of like we're working on the future. Culture is fun and fast-paced. Free gourmet food on most days. My manager looks out for me.

Cons

We're growing fast and feel under-staffed. That has started to change recently with new senior management, but it feels like we have some catching up to do. Salaries are ok, but not great.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the team at least as fast as you're growing the number of customers. Keep the startup culture going as long as you can.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vision and product, I like where this company is going. Nice catered lunches and benefits for workers. Very nice offices.

Cons

Like most fast growing companies in the Valley, need to be very good with your time and work really hard since your work counts more in the grand scheme of things compared to working at a very large tech company with thousands of employees.

Advice to Management

I think company is going in the right direction in terms of becoming more specialized in terms of employees functions vs. employees wearing many hats. Getting that balance right is probably not easy.

"going places"

I have been working at Conversica full-time

Pros

Fun times, catered food, pretty good benefits

Cons

wish their was more flexibility in schedule

"Great company going places"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product in its infancy. Small enough to be nimble and large enough to invest in the growth

Cons

None as of now. Company is moving in the right direction

Advice to Management

Push the pedal to the floor!

"Sales - Foster City"

Current Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Happy, positive office environment. Everyone gets along, helps each other out, and I look forward to coming into work every day.
    - The product has a lot of potential. It gets great results for our customers, has no direct competition, and is in at the right time. It is exciting to be apart of a company that could be very successful and disruptive. It is simple enough to sell.
    - The tower has a nice free gym/locker rooms, plenty of parking, and is a ~100 ft. walk from Safeway, CVS, GreatClips, Costco, dry cleaning, and more for convenience. You get nice views from the 12th floor of the tower.
    - Catering three times per week and a well stocked kitchen.
    - Standing desks.
    - There is a lot of growth to come, which creates opportunities to move up into bigger roles (mobility). It is good timing to get in now, before those roles are created.

Cons

- There are always challenges with selling something 'new' to customers. We are still figuring out the best way to position the product, who to target, etc.
    - The company does not offer stock options yet.
    - There could be more of a start-up fun factor through more company events, etc.
    - Foster City is accessible, but a commute for SF, SJ, East Bay folks. The tower is not walking distance from the train.

Advice to Management

I believe the new management team has the company headed in a positive direction.

"Fun place, difficult to get ahead"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

Pros

Read majority of other reviews and you'll see the pros. Office culture is great, great employees, great benefits, etc.

Cons

Management takes too much control and care to hide the "greater goal" behind the task at hand. Very hard to get a raise or to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Look for hard workers because they are there. Reward them, instead of them having to ask to be rewarded.