Conway Office Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Conway Office Solutions Conway President Carl Tourigny
Carl Tourigny

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Conway Is A Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Conway Office Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Conway are easy to work with and friendly. Leadership values every employee and the contributions they make. They are not afraid to try new things and are committed to a system of continual improvement. (probably why they spend so much time and energy on their training programs).

We all work hard and take our professional careers seriously, but that doesn't stop us from having fun. I've seen a cubicle filled with balloons on someone's birthday, amazing Christmas parties, and summer celebrations, pumpkin contests at Halloween, and mini golf in the hallway during a company event. The sales team hold quarterly meetings that always have a fun activity or outing (go-carts, bowling, etc) There are also plenty of paid holidays, so I get time to spend with my family when it's most important.

Even better is how often Conway finds ways to tie our fun in with Community Giving. For instance, our holiday party not only provides food, fun and, prizes it also raises money for the Nashua Soup Kitchen. In fact, Conway is involved in a community giving project just about every month, and there is always an opportunity for people to get involved.

I also like the importance Conway places on putting the customer first. Instead of just "selling", they work towards providing solutions to customers needs, so we are actually helping organizations to improve their business. More like a consulting partnership than a sales transaction. And because our products and services help support sustainable workplace initiatives, I can feel good about the solutions we provide.

Bottom line...I love working here!

Cons

The health benefits are just average, but that's actually due to the provider, not the company. I don't think any coverage is as good as it was 5 years ago.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing!

2. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashua, NH

I worked at Conway Office Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great products, great service, good people. Strong training and commitment from management for individual success. Enough autonomy with clear expectations.

Cons

More corporate every year. Not Jim's Conway anymore. Senior management should be more hands on in assisting front line sales.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Fight to keep local control.

3. "Stay away from this company! High turn over!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I worked at Conway Office Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people are really kind and warm
    Free coffee every day
    Fee bagels on Fridays
    Quatrely outings
    Fun Christmas party with food, drinks and raffles

Cons

High turnover - one employee per month
    Pour communication about goals and expectations
    No standard policies or job procedures
    No communication between departments
    Outdated work practices with repetitive manual tasks
     E-Auto software with multiple glitches
    No room for career growth
    Average benefits

Advice to Management

Old school people with unprofessional manners, limited communication with employees, and no desire to be efficient or proactive.

4. "Under values employees"

Current Employee - Management in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Management in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Conway Office Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are nice and mean well.
    The people there work very hard.
    Good place to work if all you do is work...workaholic environment.
    Good place to use as a stepping stone.

Cons

Not a very progressive company. Does not promote a healthy motivating work environment. Management believes in working harder rather than smarter. Employees are undervalued and the health benefits are pathetic. High employee turn around rate. Management are good ole boys.

Advice to Management

Try something different...anything, really. What you're doing is putting the company under.

5. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashua, NH

Pros

Conway is a great company

Cons

Higher base pay would help I don't know why I have to have a 20 word minimum

Advice to Management

Keep it up and keep motivating sales reps to do well

"No black or white here. Just Grey."

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Conway Office Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule...depending on your manager. Managers are worth working for. If you are new to sales or fresh out of college this is a good starting job. It's easy: Show up to the office, pretend you do stuff, make 20-ish calls, and you are doing a good job. They give you a phone and laptop (though completely outdated), and the possibility of a company car (though the cheapest 2WD in New England).

Cons

They invest training in you but won't pay you a decent amount for a base salary. Hard to make commission as Conway is not the cheapest, so you always have to drop your pants to compete against others, which in turn means you make little money. Slow to adapt new ideas, they claim to be up-to-date but are old school, expecting phone calls as a sign of how good a worker you are. They try not to, but end up micromanaging, especially the CEO.

"A diecent first job, nothing more."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashua, NH

Pros

Conway is a good place to take as a first job right out of college. You will get the same 25k - 27k base salary as reps that have been there for years. The average total income of a rep is around 50-60k if you really bust your tail. The company does provide a great training program, and immerse you into the industry.They also provide all of their sales reps with a company car (currently a toyota matrix).

Cons

Upper management is extremely frugal, and does not believe in raises, competitive salaries, or much time off. You are extremely micro managed, and are expected to be at your desk from 7:45 am - 5:00pm 5 days a week. Conway is a well run company, but does not provide much support to their sales reps. Reps are expected to sell, and perform all supporting activities on their own (proposal creation, gathering of information, appointment setting, account management, etc.) The CEO, Paul Mosley, use to sell copiers himself 40 years ago - and has maintained the traditional "old school" copier sales person mentality that he runs his company with today. My main concern for Conway is that they do not have any vision for the future, and have an extremely tough time adopting new ideas / adapting to change in the industry. If they did not have such a large exisiting customer base, I am not so sure how profitable they would be.

Advice to Management

Adopt new cultural and functional processes / belief systems that reflect 2012, not 1975. Without doing so, I fear that Conway will continue to be stuck in the traditional copier company space, rather than a current day technology company.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Pros

The people you get to work with are great. The managers are fair and encourage their people to exceed expectations. They typically promote from within and are team oriented. They also have a great sales training program.

Cons

It is a 40 hour work week and you are not allowed to work from your home office. Aside from that, they offer standard benefits.

9. "Great Company / Mediocre Base"

I have been working at Conway Office Solutions full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere
    Team goals make you want to work hard for the people around you
    Earning Potential is there
    Presidents are energetic and motivating

Cons

Base salary is very low
    Valued by # of calls made
    CRM is outdated and inaccurate
    High turnover rate for sales

Advice to Management

No advice really. I would say raise the base salary, but that's only because I'm currently a victim of it.

10. "Technician"

I have been working at Conway Office Solutions full-time

Pros

Autonomy working in field troubleshooting

Cons

Management works for sales force not technicians behalf

Advice to Management

Take Management college level courses