Cook Children's Health Care System Reviews

3.9
Cook Children's Health Care System President and CEO Rick W. Merrill
Rick W. Merrill
Pros
Cons
  • "The normal of having personality conflicts or some of upper management just seeming to be jaded and burned out(in 10 reviews)

• "I was so happy to work at Cooks(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great staff, great pay, truly care about employees

Cons

I can’t think of any cons

December 28, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you so much for being one of nursing heroes! We are so glad that you enjoy working for Cook Children's! We do our best to take care of staff.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Registared Nurse

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything is great at cook

Cons

I love everything about cook

3. "Great Place to Work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System part-time

Pros

Pay and support was great!

Cons

No benefits if PRN, responsible for purchasing equipment on own.

January 15, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Cook Children's! We are so happy that you liked the support you received with us. While we do not offer benefits to PRN staff, we do allow our PRN staff to participate in our 403(b) program, as well as our EAP program.

4. "Satisfied every single day"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

A workplace that you go into each day and feel like you are making an impact in improving the local community through your actions. Our staff and leadership express strong empathy, imagination and compassion. The work is exciting. Families are our pure focus, with employee health and satisfaction HEAVILY on leadership's mind. Work that feels good. I drive in excited to contribute each day, I drive home satisfied.

Cons

Lots of dual-roles to manage while the system is learning to balance staffing during an important growth period. Adds to your daily responsibilities, but also keeps you on your toes ... evolving with the system.

January 15, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for all your hard work as one of our directors at Cook Children's! It makes us so happy to hear that you come to work excited and happy every day!

5. "Good management, average benefits"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Systems Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

Management really cares about the staff

Cons

Benefits are only average. Could use better health coverage for adults.

January 15, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you can tell how much our managers at Cook Children's care about our staff. We appreciate the feedback on our benefits. Cook Children's does offer four different medical plans, but we are always open to hearing what our staff would like in those plans.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

Great pay and shift differential

Cons

Difficult to advance your career

January 11, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience at Cook Children's! We are lucky to have great pay and shift differentials. We are concerned that you feel like you cannot advance your career here, and we would like to know more. Please, let us know your concerns by e-mailing AskTalentAcquisition@cookchildrens.org.

7. "Great place"

Former Employee - Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Enjoyed the culture.

Cons

Far drive from Dallas to get there

January 11, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback on your time with Cook Children's! We are glad that you enjoyed our culture, and we hope that your career path brings you back to Cook Children's. Our Prosper medical center may be closer for you, and it will be open late this year.

8. "Loved it!"

Former Employee - Childcare Worker in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

I loved working here, it was great!

Cons

No cons about anything, it was great!

January 11, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the awesome feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed working at Cook Children's, and we hope your career journey bring you back to us soon!

9. "Staff Nurse"

Current Employee - RN, MSN in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

Working with children Tuition reimbursement Starbucks...when it's open.

Cons

-The little people (bedside nursing) that keep the place afloat don't seem to matter as much as upper admin or those that don't work the bedside anymore. You are always replaceable. -It's about WHO you know, not what you know or what you do. -Pay is 6-10% less than surrounding hospitals and Dallas Children's so it's pretty much the same level of work for way less pay. They also won't pay any market adjustments to keep up with the rising expenses of living in or around DFW. -Don't offer float pay or critical care pay when sent to critical care units, but ICU nurses continue to get their differential when floating to med surg units. -Emotional/mental abuse bedside care staff deal with from families and other staff is never addressed appropriately by management. There are a lot of biases in favor of those that have worked there a long time or families that are friends with executive personnel. -It's a business first like most hospitals, patient safety is not always a priority when it comes to saving money. -You don't really get to use the PTO you earn if your plans interfere with low staffing or managers vacation/time off. -Essentially, it's like any other hospital so don't think that because it's for children that's it a better place to work.

January 11, 2021Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are concerned by your feedback on the treatment of bedside staff and patient safety. Please, reach out to us at AskTalentAcquisition@cookchildrens.org, to tell us more.

10. "great place to work"

Former Employee - Echo Tech in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time for more than a year

Pros

great health benefits, great co-workers

Cons

there was a lack of schedule flexibility

December 3, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your time with Cook Children's! We are so happy that you enjoyed our benefits and your coworkers. Our hope is that your career journey will bring you back to Cook Children's in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 262 English Reviews