Cooper Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great building blocks"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun, energetic group of people to work with. Patient team, could tell they wanted to train me to do well and advance with them. Saw multiple people getting promoted with in company.

Cons

When they say work hard play hard, they mean WORK HARD. Now, that doesn't seem like a con for everyone because with that, it was fun and everyone got recognized for their results too.

Dear Reviewer,

I love the title that you labeled your review, as we feel that our Management Training Program is a complete set of building blocks for individuals to advance from entry level... More

"This company lies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

None. I have never had a more miserable experience with a company. Do not apply unless you want to work for a manipulative company.

Cons

This company implies they are offering an internship in the first interview that will actually be paid. They then offer a second interview where they keep you hostage and drive you away from the company, admit this is a commission only position, and won't let you leave.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about the job description in your first interview and then keep people hostage all day when the job description shifts.

"Second interview was shadowing an employee as he went door to door. Not kidding."

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Currently I can not name any pros to this company. It is too small and too shady to be considered a legitimate place to work

Cons

The office is a dump. The ceiling was leaking. The company is a scam. Don't waste your time. I met the employer who was interviewing me with another potential employee. We drove 20 minutes to his property and he went door to door trying to sell. I felt embarrassed. Here I am dressed in a suit and tie getting rained on. Do not waste your time with this company.

Advice to Management

Start being honest with potential employees. They won't tell you what you're doing because they know no one will come. Please don't fall into this trap. You can find a much better company to invest yourself in.

"Great Entry Level Position"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Best experience for any girl or guy fresh out of school that wants to learn sales, management, training, development and leadership skills. Great environment to learn/practice soft skills like effective communication and time management.

Cons

Lack of life and work balance.

Advice to Management

Learned so much from this experience and Apryl's management. What is also unique about this opportunity is the access to upper management! Never did I not feel like I did not know where to go if I needed an answer.

Hey there,

This review is awesome and I am very appreciative of you sharing your feedback. Our Management Training Program is definitely great for recent grads and designed to develop... More

"........"

Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Palos Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Palos Heights, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fun/energetic working environment. Making sales a competitive atmosphere was essential to do well in this line of work.

Cons

Because it was a competitive atmosphere, there was certain egos that where inherent to the company that some may find incompatible based on your personality. If you weren't in their circle, this work wasn't for you.

Jan 27, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight! We definitely agree that there are certain personality types that do incredibly well in marketing & sales! We are glad that we had... More

6. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

It is a place where you can gain a lot of good sales experience. Fun office environment. Advance very quickly. They want you to succeed.

Cons

Job is not for everyone. You are going to work very hard to succeed. Not your typical sales job. If you come from doing phone sales it's a different animal. Some days can be very hard.

Advice to Management

Keep making people feeling welcome. More office decor.

Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate your feedback, insight and honesty! You are absolutely correct in stating that this career is not for everyone and that it requires hard work and dedication to excel... More

7. "Its OK"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time

Pros

The people and work environment is very friendly and encouraging. Office trips and weekly events were a blast. You also get to learn neighborhoods pretty well and overall you learn a lot about dealing with other people/customers especially if you had no previous experience. Easy job and you end up learning a lot about yourself.

Cons

Working door to door, basically convincing people to switch to a new program/sign up. I often felt invasive when interrupting families at dinner and etc. Getting doors slammed in your face etc. The job was really like getting people to sign up for something without giving them ALL the info to make a good decision. Eventually on a personal level I got fed up with that.

Advice to Management

Nothing at all, keep doing what you're doing.

Jan 8, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your time and review however, my concern is that I know this wasn't written by an Assistant Manager in our company. Perhaps you meant to put former employee... More

"Wasn't clear on job requirements"

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of independent work, young staff, boss is nice, a lot of fun activities on the weekends and team building opportunities

Cons

you're only paid off of commission, slightly unprofessional with weird hours. The dress code is inconsistent and there is definitely a hierarchy in the office.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent with training and more upfront about the type of marketing you do, have more flexibility with hours

Jan 8, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your time and honest feedback! Your pros section definitely highlights a lot of what I feel makes Cooper Concepts fun and I appreciate your kind words towards... More

"SCAM!!!! BEWARE AND STAY AWAY"

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. This place is a complete scam and should be avoided at all cost. I don't know if they are writing reviews for themself or what, but this is a pyramid scheme and is bizarrely cult-like. They recruit like crazy because nobody will stay at a place that has you soliciting door to door, claiming that you are offering businesses a "company discount" to switch service providers, when in reality you are doing unsolicited sales, which, by the way, are ILLEGAL in most places! This place is a joke! Avoid at all cost!

Cons

I was hired under the impression that I was going to be doing inside business to business sales. WRONG!!!! I was hired to do canvassing. I was so embarrassed to have quit my job for this. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Advice to Management

You are scam artists and should be ashamed of yourselves.

Jan 13, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

As much as we normally thank individuals for their feedback and input, it seems as if your review isn't meant to be constructive or provide feedback whatsoever. In fact your review... More

"Pyramid Scheme"

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time

Pros

Yes the people there are fun. Your mentor will try their best to get up to speed on lie to people's faces, the mentor will make money if you start to make money to naturally they want you to get better at selling.

Cons

You be wearing a suit everyday and go door to door to sell for HOURS. The hours can be from 12pm to as late as 9pm knocking on doors. There is pressure to attend bar gatherings after work or else the managers will not like you. HOW you go about selling the product is almost illegal, it is strategic LYING.The training is built around false pretenses hence wearing the suit and knocking on doors, acting as a rep from a company you are not really apart of. The money you make off a sale is barely better than minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews.

Jan 11, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer,

First of all, I want to thank you for your feedback. I definitely understand that our company is not for everyone, but I do wish that I would have made you feel comfortable enough... More