Cooper Concepts Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2020

Cooper Concepts President Apryl Christensen (no image)
Apryl Christensen

"Great building blocks"

5.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fun, energetic group of people to work with. Patient team, could tell they wanted to train me to do well and advance with them. Saw multiple people getting promoted with in company.

Cons

When they say work hard play hard, they mean WORK HARD. Now, that doesn't seem like a con for everyone because with that, it was fun and everyone got recognized for their results too.

March 3, 2016Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, I love the title that you labeled your review, as we feel that our Management Training Program is a complete set of building blocks for individuals to advance from entry level positions into management...WITH hard work like you mentioned! I think the team we have at Cooper Concepts are some of the THE hardest working I've ever had the pleasure of working with, yourself included. We believe that hard work always pays off and as the saying goes, "The first 40 hours of work are for survival. Everything after that is for success." Sincerely, Apryl Christensen

2. "Entry-Level"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time

Pros

learn how to talk to strangers, persuasive sales techniques

Cons

commission-only, and low commission. promotion depends on number of people you recruit, train, and promote. little pyramid-y

3. "SCAM!!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you are working with are very nice

Cons

I am embarrassed to say I worked her for a little over a month walking door-to-door trying to sell "discounted" T-Mobile service to business owners. I put in 160 hours worth of work (lost a lot of weight and toned my muscles) but I didn't get paid. This place caused me to go through all my savings and have to move back home. Do not take this job!!!

"This company lies"

in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts

Pros

None. I have never had a more miserable experience with a company. Do not apply unless you want to work for a manipulative company.

Cons

This company implies they are offering an internship in the first interview that will actually be paid. They then offer a second interview where they keep you hostage and drive you away from the company, admit this is a commission only position, and won't let you leave.

Continue reading

"Second interview was shadowing an employee as he went door to door. Not kidding."

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Currently I can not name any pros to this company. It is too small and too shady to be considered a legitimate place to work

Cons

The office is a dump. The ceiling was leaking. The company is a scam. Don't waste your time. I met the employer who was interviewing me with another potential employee. We drove 20 minutes to his property and he went door to door trying to sell. I felt embarrassed. Here I am dressed in a suit and tie getting rained on. Do not waste your time with this company.

Continue reading

"Great Entry Level Position"

Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts

Pros

Best experience for any girl or guy fresh out of school that wants to learn sales, management, training, development and leadership skills. Great environment to learn/practice soft skills like effective communication and time management.

Cons

Lack of life and work balance.

March 3, 2016Human Resource Director

Hey there, This review is awesome and I am very appreciative of you sharing your feedback. Our Management Training Program is definitely great for recent grads and designed to develop communication, marketing, sales and leadership skills - much of what it seems you learned. Getting to work with you and help aid in your career development was very fulfilling for me and i'm so glad it made an impact on you. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors and hope to hear all the successes that life brings to you! Sincerely, Apryl Christensen

"........"

Marketing Account Manager in Palos Heights, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts for more than a year

Pros

It was a fun/energetic working environment. Making sales a competitive atmosphere was essential to do well in this line of work.

Cons

Because it was a competitive atmosphere, there was certain egos that where inherent to the company that some may find incompatible based on your personality. If you weren't in their circle, this work wasn't for you.

January 27, 2016Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Thank you so much for your feedback and insight! We definitely agree that there are certain personality types that do incredibly well in marketing & sales! We are glad that we had the opportunity to work together and hope that during your time with our company you learned, grew and took something with you moving forward! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

8. "Not a bad place to work"

Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cooper Concepts

Pros

It is a place where you can gain a lot of good sales experience. Fun office environment. Advance very quickly. They want you to succeed.

Cons

Job is not for everyone. You are going to work very hard to succeed. Not your typical sales job. If you come from doing phone sales it's a different animal. Some days can be very hard.

March 3, 2016Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, We appreciate your feedback, insight and honesty! You are absolutely correct in stating that this career is not for everyone and that it requires hard work and dedication to excel in our Management Training Program. I think there are easy, medium and hard days in every industry, not just sales. We appreciate your advice to management and are glad that you felt welcomed during your time with us. We will always treat our team as family here at Cooper Concepts...and work on the office décor while we're at it! ;) Sincerely, Apryl Christensen

9. "Its OK"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time

Pros

The people and work environment is very friendly and encouraging. Office trips and weekly events were a blast. You also get to learn neighborhoods pretty well and overall you learn a lot about dealing with other people/customers especially if you had no previous experience. Easy job and you end up learning a lot about yourself.

Cons

Working door to door, basically convincing people to switch to a new program/sign up. I often felt invasive when interrupting families at dinner and etc. Getting doors slammed in your face etc. The job was really like getting people to sign up for something without giving them ALL the info to make a good decision. Eventually on a personal level I got fed up with that.

January 8, 2016Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your time and review however, my concern is that I know this wasn't written by an Assistant Manager in our company. Perhaps you meant to put former employee? Regardless we appreciate you review and love everything you wrote in the pro section. We are glad that you have learned a lot about yourself professionally and enjoyed all of our office events! As far as your cons section, I'm not sure how it's possible that you felt you weren't giving our customers all of the information they needed regarding their energy services, but have no advice for Management. Perhaps you needed more training on our clients services or more time with a senior Account Manager in our company? Please feel free to reach me at the office so we can speak of ways to improve this for my team! We wish you the absolute best of luck in your future endeavors! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

"Wasn't clear on job requirements"

2.0

I worked at Cooper Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of independent work, young staff, boss is nice, a lot of fun activities on the weekends and team building opportunities

Cons

you're only paid off of commission, slightly unprofessional with weird hours. The dress code is inconsistent and there is definitely a hierarchy in the office.

January 8, 2016Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Thank you so much for your time and honest feedback! Your pros section definitely highlights a lot of what I feel makes Cooper Concepts fun and I appreciate your kind words towards my management style! I would love the opportunity to speak with you over the phone as to what we could do to improve some of what you listed in the cons section. I would like to mention that ur company does offer a base pay option now but our hours are mandated by our client. I would love to hear how you feel we could improve dress code as well as what you felt was hierarchical. Please feel free to call me at the office and ask to speak with Apryl! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

Found 37 reviews