KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Cooper Concepts Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2020

Found 37 of over 38 reviews

Cooper Concepts President Apryl Christensen (no image)
Apryl Christensen
  1. 5.0

Great building blocks

Feb 4, 2016 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very fun, energetic group of people to work with. Patient team, could tell they wanted to train me to do well and advance with them. Saw multiple people getting promoted with in company.

Cons

When they say work hard play hard, they mean WORK HARD. Now, that doesn't seem like a con for everyone because with that, it was fun and everyone got recognized for their results too.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, I love the title that you labeled your review, as we feel that our Management Training Program is a complete set of building blocks for individuals to advance from entry level positions into management...WITH hard work like you mentioned! I think the team we have at Cooper Concepts are some of the THE hardest working I've ever had the pleasure of working with, yourself included. We believe that hard work always pays off and as the saying goes, "The first 40 hours of work are for survival. Everything after that is for success." Sincerely, Apryl Christensen

2. 3.0

Entry-Level

Jul 12, 2020 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

learn how to talk to strangers, persuasive sales techniques

Cons

commission-only, and low commission. promotion depends on number of people you recruit, train, and promote. little pyramid-y

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0

SCAM!!!

Jul 3, 2019 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you are working with are very nice

Cons

I am embarrassed to say I worked her for a little over a month walking door-to-door trying to sell "discounted" T-Mobile service to business owners. I put in 160 hours worth of work (lost a lot of weight and toned my muscles) but I didn't get paid. This place caused me to go through all my savings and have to move back home. Do not take this job!!!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn't imagine working anywhere else!

Oct 12, 2013 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

attending BBQ's, karaoke, professional sporting events, etc. The company is also involved with the community and philanthropy. Management and account managers are approachable and very supportive. There is great opportunity for advancement within the company. It's an entry level position so I was trained to know everything that I needed to be successful. I learn new skills and responsibilities on a weekly basis. Also, the structure is based off of no seniority so the timeline of an employee is not a determining factor for advancement, it's all merit based. Great position for anyone that feels they're competitive, hard working and outgoing, and looking for a change of pace.

Cons

It's important to set goals early on to give direction to your career path. You need to have short-term as well as long-term goals to maintain motivation in order to keep moving towards the end goal. Also it's very important to celebrate not only the big but small victories. You can't get anywhere if you don't know where you are going.

8 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, We really appreciate your kinds words and especially your advice to management to recognize not just the big promotions but also the smaller daily victories that occur as our team members are growing professionally in our Management Training Program! We are so glad that the extra curricular team bonding events and philanthropy events we coordinate weekly have made an impact on your time here at Cooper Concepts. Keep up your great work! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hard work, but rewarding

Oct 23, 2013 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Cooper Concepts for the past four months. When I started I didn't have any sales experience, however I was looking for a position where I could use my past sales in restaurant and retail in a more professional setting. When I was applying for positions I my main concern was that I wasn't qualified for a sales and marketing position. What I love about my position is that I don't have to have previous experience and that they were willing to train me. Additionally, the manager is very hands on so I am constantly meeting with them in order to progress within the company.

Cons

Hardest part is that I am held accountable on a daily basis. The office environment is very goal oriented. This becomes difficult in the sense that everyone tries hard every day so i need to make sure I am on my game every day. This has helped me though to push forward and work harder in order to be part of the team.

9 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Your review is great, as I think it capitalizes the thought process a lot of people have when applying and interviewing with a company outside of their comfort zone! We are very proud of the fact that despite experience, every individual in our company begins at an entry level role and must grow and advance based on their adaptation to our training and of course, their work ethic. We are glad to hear that despite your initial lack of experience, you embraced that challenge and were receptive to the coaching that you received weekly! I have taken your advice into consideration and will absolutely implement this as soon as possible. Keep kicking butt - hard work always pays off. Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Company is great to work with-- if you're good at sales

Jan 2, 2015 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, helpful people who want to see and help you succeed. Motivating to start your day, you work mostly on your own, at your own pace. Lots of room to move up in company, all the way to the top where you manage your own branch.

Cons

100% commission. If you are not good at being a sales rep, this job is not going to work for you. Just be weary of this, as the job doesn't exactly tell you this when you're applying or going to interviews. They expect you to work on saturdays if you do not meet weekly quota, they expect you to put in long hours every day.

9 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Your review is great and very balanced. I appreciate that. Thank you for listing what I think is the best attribute of our company, the people! The opportunity for growth too is remarkable and I am glad you got to experience that during your time with our company. Over the last year, our company has adopted a base pay option, so I am very glad you have brought this to our attention. You are absolutely right in stating a lot of the work we do for our client is sales based, as well as customer service and marketing based. There would be no sales, if there was not first face to face marketing provided as well as stellar customer service. We feel that it is very clear that sales are a part of the job responsibilities throughout the interview process, as the second interview is done as a day of observation with one of our current Account Manager, but we can always work to be clearer! Thank you again and we hope that your time with us has helped you land your dream career! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

If you are lazy this is not the place for you.

Jan 12, 2015 - Marketing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I graduated college in 2013 with a degree in psychology. very broad major, but I knew I wanted to do something where I would be working with and helping people on a daily basis. most places require "3 years experience" but cooper concepts really values the person as a whole and saw the potential in me even though i didnt have that experience quite yet. i have been working there for 2 months and am about to get my 2nd promotion. well on my way to management. what other place would you be able to say that? if you are lazy, and just want to come to work every day and be stagnant and not improve or grow--you best not apply. competitive, fun, supportive environment.

Cons

the training is sort of fast-paced and i remember feeling overwhelmed at first but i guess you would at the start of any new job.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience so far with our company. You couldn't be more right when you mention that nowadays even with formal education, you are usually still required anywhere from 2-5 years experience in the field. I'm really glad that you found our company and like you mentioned were valued for the work you WOULD bring to the company, despite initial lack of experience. The job is definitely fast paced but we can definitely work to increase communication, especially during training when high expectations should be set! Keep up your great work and go-getter attitude and I will work on increasing communication with all team members! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

8. 5.0

Great Environment

Aug 26, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently worked at Cooper Concepts for about a year. I started after graduating college and I was looking for a company where I could gain some experience as well as some management training. When I initially applied it looked like it would be sales intensive. It was to an extent, but I found myself learning a lot more management skills as well. At first I was nervous if I would be successful, however the environment and the company culture was really supportive. What I also liked is I could talk to either manager, Apryl or Steve and they always made themselves available for me. The only reason I left was my husband got transferred.

Cons

It's hard work, but starting a career always is. Those that worked hard seemed to get rewarded. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around long enough in order to get the benefits of that.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Your review is awesome and I think very helpful for any individual wondering how much of the job description involves sales responsibilities. I am very grateful that even though your time with us was brief, it was beneficial. Just as you mentioned, starting a truly rewarding career will come with hard work, but rewards will always follow. We hope that wherever you and your husband were transferred to that you guys are doing well and you have found a new career to fit your great personality! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So exciting to work with goal oriented, enthusiastic and fun people.

Nov 14, 2014 - Marketing Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company gave me the opportunity to gain tons of experience. The growing process happened so quickly since promotions are based on performance. Great training from everyone and awesome coaching from CEO Christensen. It is good to see a true Leader in action. I am so blessed for taking this career knowing that I will have the financial freedom I always wanted for me and my family.

Cons

Wish the days had more hours while at work. And learning how to balance my personal life with my work life.

6 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, Don't we all wish there were more hours in the day?! Learning how to balance personal and professional life can definitely be a struggle but I learned very early on that if you can incorporate your family into your work (i,e. inviting them to team events, to meet your coworkers, etc.) that is very helpful! We are very glad that you have seen professional growth and gained experience through your time in our company's Management Training Program. You keep up your great work and I will always be here to coach you! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

10. 1.0

It's a scam

Dec 10, 2014 - Sales - "Direct Marketing" in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros. They lie about a base salary. There is no base salary - despite telling me on the phone that the base starts at 40 to 80 grand. Flagrant lie. It's door to door sales on 100% commission.

Cons

The door to door sales model is outdated. It doesn't work anymore. You're trying to sell things to people who don't want to hear the pitch, and couldn't afford the product if they did. It's terrible. Not to mention, the employees I went out with, to shadow on their day refused to tell me what you get from each sale- It was absurdly deceptive. (And after 7 hours and countless miles walked, they didn't get a single sale and got kicked out of virtually every place we went to). This "company" plays the "numbers" game, and you're the number - if you get a sale, great, they win. If you don't, it doesn't cost them any money (as you're on 100% commission), but also, you don't get to eat that day. Don't waste your time. Stay home and watch the Maury Show.

20 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Dear Reviewer, I appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve on your interview process. Despite you writing a review as an employee, I'm afraid that you were never employed by our company. Nonetheless, I am happy to address your concerns. 1) We do offer a base pay + commission structure within our company and have individuals earning between $40,000 - $80,000. Although we do have a said base, we don't finalize compensation rate until our third interview, which both of us chose not to move forward with. 2) In representing our portfolio of Fortune 500 & 1000 clients and large corporations, all with annual marketing budgets, we can assure you that they would not be investing their money into an outdated sales model. Quite the contrary actually. Face to face marketing and sales methods allows firms to bypass traditional mass marketing methods, focus on relationship building through one on one interaction with customers and statistically creates longer lasting customers. 3) Our firm relies on transparency which is exactly why you were able to shadow one of our current marketing & sales team members for a full day of job observation. You were able to see firsthand the daily responsibilities of an employee, as well as the residential sales campaign we do. We are unsure how you felt that you were lied to when you had this opportunity before we were to ever offer a position. Regardless, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we're very sorry that yours wasn't of higher regard. All the best of luck in your future endeavors! Sincerely, CEO/Apryl Christensen

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews