Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Tim McEnery

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is a cool place to say that you work at, benefits with food and wine, friendly staff (in 9 reviews)

• All the way up to the Executives, this company truly cares about people and making our jobs something we look forward to each day (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I feel that management over the years has gotten very pushy about the wine club at a location that is almost over-saturated (in 8 reviews)

• stressful job, long hours, lack of management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Culture, Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Finance in Countryside, IL
    Current Employee - Finance in Countryside, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cooper's Hawk is unlike any company that I have previously worked for. The working environment at the RSC is unique and special. Every person is valued and voice is heard. Everyone goes out of their way to learn about you. The sense of community that is stressed from the moment you walk thru door is overwhelming. It is something that makes you excited to come into work every day. Cooper's Hawk provides you with the opportunity to grow with the company in both a fun and educational way. There is never a day that is the same. You are challenged to be innovative and to be your best self. The benefits that the company offers are extremely generous. They provide amazing Insurance Plans, 401k, and fun perks like discounts on wine, retail, and food. I could not imagine being a part of company because we truly are family here.

Cons

I cannot think of any downsides from working at Cooper’s Hawk.

Advice to Management

I would not change a thing that you have implemented here at Cooper’s Hawk. In our time of growth, Management continues to encourage community and recognition to all employees. We appreciate the acknowledgment for achievements, birthdays, and anniversaries. You are doing an amazing job of recognizing these people every week at our Community meeting. It is amazing that every member of our Leadership Team knows everyone by name no matter your position or rank. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself. We appreciate all you do!

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the insightful review! We are glad to hear that you enjoy being part of the Community!

2. "Dedication"

Pros

An inspiring, dedicated, hardworking, caring and fun environment!

Cons

Having a work from home policy would be nice :)

Aug 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! This will be submitted to our suggestions team so we can explore this in more detail.

3. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Tasting Room Attendant
    Former Employee - Tasting Room Attendant

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about people. Working here has been by far the best customer service based job I have ever had. They treat their employees very well.

Cons

At times, there is a lack of communication between managers. Over worked at times.

Aug 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're glad you enjoyed your time with us!

""Great food and wine! Great culture! Amazing place to work!""

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Countryside, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Countryside, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time

Pros

Cooper's Hawk truly has a talent for attracting and hiring people that are genuinely pleasant to be around, and truly brand ambassadors for the company . I feel like my work is always appreciated, and I have an opportunity for growth in a fun and challenging community of colleagues.

Cooper's Hawk without a doubt lives up to it's Purpose and Values. The Purpose is, "We Create Community"; and the key things that support our purpose are our 4 values: "We care about people; We are different; We are committed to being The Best; and We have fun and celebrate". In a company that seeks innovation, we have a voice in making things better and are recognized for our efforts.

Employee Benefits are good - Health, Dental, Life and Vision, and so many fun perks--discounts on wine, retail, and to dine in the restaurant!

Cons

No cons to share at this time!

Advice to Management

Continue to give recognition for a job well done, and celebrating monthly for birthdays, milestones, and achievements! With our rapid growth, it is amazing and very rare to see the constant recognition in an organization!

5. "Amazing Culture"

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time

Pros

Great supportive culture and great wine!

Cons

No real cons, great management.

Jul 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the review! Cheers!

6. "Pretty good so far"

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most off the workers and management are friendly
    Every employee is fed for free towards closing time
    Work place is upbeat no drama really

Cons

Dishwashers only get one uniform shirt.. Other than that no significant problems.

7. "Room for growth"

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time

Pros

Super fun place to work with managers that are always there with an ear and helping hand. The company is growing and opening new locations consistently so there is a ton of advancement opportunities.

Cons

Overall being forced to keep sales goals.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're so glad you have fun at work and see the great growth potential with us!

8. "The BEST place to work!"

Current Employee - Server in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Springfield, IL

Pros

Fast growing company, great employee perks, innovative menu, they TRULY care about people, and it's a lot of fun!

Cons

There are no con's about this company!

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We're so glad you are getting the full Cooper's Hawk experience!

9. "Strong Brand, needs better communication."

Former Employee - Kit in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Kit in Columbus, OH

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do some really good things to engage team members. Their business model is genius with their wine club events. Good food. Decent benefits for a growing company.

Cons

I would show up for my shift and another manager would be there. Schedule changes with no communication. Did not always know where I stood with my own career. Those career development meetings that were supposed to take place rarely did. When they did it was "do this, this, and this. Sign your name here."

Advice to Management

I understand there should be self development. Engage your managers and give them open and honest feedback to build your team.

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We are constantly trying to improve and appreciate your advice!

10. "Great opportunity"

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the perks and the people.

Cons

Hours can be longer than shift says.

Advice to Management

Hire more drama-free people.

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your response and advice! One of our goals is to always hire people that fit perfectly into our friendly culture and will continue to strive for that.