CooperVision "wellness program" Reviews | Glassdoor

CooperVision Employee Reviews about "wellness program"

Updated Nov 10, 2015

3.4
CooperVision President Daniel G. McBride (no image)
Daniel G. McBride
Pros
  • "Excellent work-life balance, great people, high-growth, supurb wellness program(in 12 reviews)

• "Excellent work-life balance, a lot of room for growth and horizontal/lateral mobility(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Communication could be better from senior management down to managers and employees(in 4 reviews)

• "Long hours due to short resources(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "wellness program"

Return to all Reviews

"Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, great people, high-growth, supurb wellness program.

Cons

Large number of significant global IT projects running concurrently leading to significant context switching.

Advice to Management

Incease investment in internal resources vs external vendors.

CooperVision2015-05-06

"Great place to work, wonderful culture"

Current Employee - Manager In Finance in Victor, NY

I have been working at CooperVision full-time

Pros

Great work culture- it is a true team Benefits are some of the best in Rochester, salaries also good Amazing Wellness program, company gym, free classes offered in Zumba, yoga, boot camp. Senior management treats everyone with respect and helps lead by example to live the Values Great place to work at each day- people enjoy coming to work

Cons

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward as we have been, continue to promote from within when possible consider an employee stock program not just for TCC employees.

CooperVision2015-11-10

"Healthiest and friendliest place to work"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extraordinary wellness program: this company offers a Clubsport gym membership; weekly yoga and zumba session during lunch; badminton, softball and volleyball competitions after work; as well as frequent health-related workshops which are awesome! Friendly atmosphere: One thing that really stands out about this company is that everyone, regardless their position, truly does embrace its core value as "friendly... partners." Full of opportunities to grow: Managers and directors at this company truly care about their employees' growth and well being. They encourage the Associates to be involved in collaborative meetings which helps us to continuously improve in their knowledge and skills while keeping us focused on our goals/objectives. Other perks: flexible working hours, amazing lunch cruise around the bay for holiday party, annual open house to the President's mansion and free best product of contacts for a lifetime!

Cons

There is no stock option for employees which would have been awesome since the stock price has increased by 75% since the first time I joined COO

CooperVision2014-07-16

"Inspiring company & values encompassing highly political and silo'd departments"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CooperVision full-time

Pros

Wonderful wellness program, free access to a REALLY amazing gym, stock price going up up and up!

Cons

-Company values are great, but are poorly implemented in various departments. If you are assertive and trying to get things done, you aren't being a partner -Must be a Director or VP in order to get things -People who do not have industry expertise hold decision making power; they are ineffective leaders and bring down the morale -Equity program only kicks in at the Director level and above

Advice to Management

There is a huge struggle between allowing sites & regions to make their own destiny and that keeps running up against corporate instructions. Realign the incentives program to assure that the corporate mandates are being implemented or get rid of corporate and allow for true self-determination at each site/region.

CooperVision2014-07-30

"R&D branch - not worth your life - stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CooperVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good wellness program if you work for corporate but not R&D. Good medical benefit for HSA plans.

Cons

Too much dirty politics in R&D. Everyone cares for their own narrow benefits. You can't speak up or give ideas. HR has too much muscle to go after you to please senior management. Middle to senior management don't care for people, just care for self.

Advice to Management

Stop faking you care. You are not a good company yo work for.

CooperVision2014-07-25

"One of the best companies I have ever worked at as they truly care about their people and live the values they have est."

Current Employee - Manager in Fairport, NY

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing management team, great people, the company actually lives their values each day;;Being Partners to all internal and extrernal customers, everyone is Friendly, People are Dedicated and we always try to be Innovative to see how we can doing something better. The management support is great as no one talks down to you and everyone is treated as part of a team. I would comnpare the salaries and benefits of... CooperViision to any other top company in Rochester, and last but not least, The Wellness program is second to none.

Cons

The only challenges I see is that the Strategic team in located in California so if you are succesful at your position in Fariport unless you want to move to California it could be challenging to ascend to a director position or higher in Fairport. This all depends on the department you are in.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on consistant communication throughout the organization, at times changes occur and not everyone is in the loop.

CooperVision2014-06-18

"Overall, a great place to be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With not a lot of big thriving companies in Rochester, NY, CooperVision is a great place to be. They clearly believe in work-life balance and have a gym and wellness program that help weigh out the negatives.

Cons

Promotions and salary increases can be tough to get. Very top heavy with Sr. management and very few actually executing the work. Sr. management mostly in CA office with a clear desire to move more employees out there. Vacation time falls very short with an increase coming only after 5 full years of employment.

Advice to Management

Too lean, need more entry to mid level employees. Too internally focused. Need to focus on needs of end customer.

CooperVision2014-06-09

"Living the Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company lives by its values - dedicated, inventive, partners and friendly It's a growing successful company Great Wellness program, benefits and they strive to be on the best places to work list by making it a great place to work

Cons

Fast growth means change so you have to be adaptable and staffing is lean so it's a fast paced environment. But opportunity comes along with growth.

CooperVision2014-05-28

"Fantastic Employer!"

I have been working at CooperVision full-time

Pros

CooperVision is everything I am looking for in an employer; focus on employee learning and development, challenging projects and a collaborative environment. Leadership from the top down values and appreciates employees and shows it through our fun and exciting events such as Picnics, Holiday Parties, Bowling and our Global Wellness Program.

Cons

Challenges are opportunities at CooperVision! One thing that is great about the culture at CVI is that if you recognize a challenge and present a solution; that solution is reviewed and considered. Your voice is really heard here.

Advice to Management

The more Executives and Leaders get in front of employees and communicate- no matter what the topic- the better.

CooperVision2014-05-23

"Balancing Growth & Execution - A Good Company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Fairport, NY

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I stumbled into this lesser know company a few years ago, and it has been a great experience ever since. The People: You'd be hard pressed to find a coworker who wouldn't help you or listen to what you have to say. The Culture: Employee engagment is pretty high. Great Events. Company sponsored teams (I'm on two). Company Cares about customers and patients (and employees). Big Wellness Program. A good mix of... fun, hard work, and sesnce of belonging. Career Development: The programs are there, but they aren't going to hand it to you. You have to ask for it and take control of your career.

Cons

No Employee Stock Purchase Plan Profit Sharing Should be the norm for all roles in NY

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to rewards employees and continue to support a motivating work environment.

CooperVision2014-05-23