Copper River Shared Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Copper River Shared Services Reviews

5.0
Ben Brucker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good People, Solid Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Pros

Copper River employs self-starters that are looking to make a difference, satisfy customer requirements and push the company to success.

Cons

Lacking communication from the top down. Information often delivered on an as needed basis versus transparency, which creates an environment of inclusiveness.

Advice to Management

Create a dialogue with employees, communicate w/ employees more often and on a more consistent basis. Talk about where we are, where the company is going and where the company could go. Foster interdepartmental communication and interaction.

"Unlimited Potential - Great People!"

Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at Copper River Shared Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities abound - experienced engineers, high level certifications .
    Past performance experience and patner relations across network engineering and security aligns well to every growing cyber market.
    Loyal customers, federal and commercial, with high satisfaction levels.
    Experienced program managers, professional services, and back office support.
    Fun, vibrant office environment with great people.
    Good benefits.

Cons

No Micro Management - if you need to be told what to do and when to do it - RUN, do not walk.
    Process improvements needed in a couple of areas to eliminate redundancy.
    Remote office location(s).

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the right people - and back office systems.

3. "Great company to work for in my opinion"

Current Employee - Computer Analyst
    Current Employee - Computer Analyst

I have been working at Copper River Shared Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is supportive, friendly, responsive, and quick to help. Human resources is very quick as well to answer questions and resolve any issues. I can honestly say in the 8 years I've worked in this area (through various contracts); this is by far the best company I've worked for. They are very good to their people, and in my experience always putting their employees first. It really does make for a great work environment.

I can't speak for everyone in this company, but my coworkers are intelligent, well versed in their duties, and are professional in their work ethics. Some are well rounded while others have some specialties that bring a vast knowledge to the team. My managers are not only managers but also experienced analysts themselves, which makes for a much better setup than having managers that only know how to manage people.

I should mention, I had looked at a different job someone recommended to me, and found that Copper River treated me better in my time with them and leaving than I was treated by the company that was trying to hire me....

In regards to what the previous review mentioned on benefits, I've found the opposite to be true. My insurance is dramatically cheaper than my previous jobs, and way cheaper than the other job I had been looking at with a much larger company. I have no complaints about any of the benefits Copper River offers. I'm very happy to be an Orca!

Cons

Don't want to leave this blank, so here's the best I can come up with for cons:

Job security if on a government contract, though this isn't specific to Copper River. There is always the chance they may lose the contract, but most of the time whoever wins the contract will pick up the existing staff anyway. This is the case no matter what government contractor you may be employed by. It’s easier to keep who is in place than rehire. I had 1 position that I was employed by 3 companies in.

This is just my opinion, but I have no doubts that if you work for them, prove your worth, and make a good example, that they will do their best to find you another position with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.