Coral Hospitality Reviews | Glassdoor

Lee Weeks
  1. "Rosedale GCC"

Current Employee - Bar/Pro Shop/Snack Bar in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Coral Hospitality part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been employed her for over 3 years, love my manager she is more than qualified, she is compassionate and professional treats all her employees very well never yells (not sure where all the bad reviews are coming from I am thinking employees that did not measure up and now want to throw someone under the bus) trust me if you do your job and work as a team this place is amazing and so is management.

Cons

none that i can think of

Advice to Management

would like to have monthly meetings as a discovery process so the employees can give more input and feedback

Coral Hospitality2019-07-23
  2. "Rosedale, Horrible place run far away."

Current Employee - Bartender in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Coral Hospitality full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s a job, looking for new job cant wait to leave.

Cons

Worse manager on this planet. Clueless management skills, never around when you need her. Yell and scream at you all the time. I can’t say one good thing about the place.

Advice to Management

Get all new managers, sell the place.

Coral Hospitality2019-06-20
  3. "Executive Chef"

I worked at Coral Hospitality full-time

Pros

Great pay, great co workers

Cons

Horrible management. Short staffed over worked employees with poor pay.

Coral Hospitality2018-09-25
  4. "Coral Is The BEST"

I have been working at Coral Hospitality full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1-My manager cares about me. She listens to my suggestions 2-They work around my schedule 3-They give back part of their profits to our Vets through the Folds of Honor group 4-I like the Basics of Service and Coral Values

Cons

I hope to grow as the company grows

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Coral Hospitality2018-09-12
  5. "Possibly the worst management I’ve ever seen"

I have been working at Coral Hospitality part-time for more than a year

Pros

Chance to meet new people.

Cons

Management is clueless. Can never get a straight answer. Management is mostly “yes men”. Afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at your managers. Maybe verify if people are actually work the hours they are gettin paid...

Coral Hospitality2018-08-30
  6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Coral Hospitality full-time

Pros

Fellow colleagues are encouraging and willing to help with big projects. Managers really care about the success of their business. New charitable initiative to give back to the local communities. Great business culture in the corporate offices.

Cons

Things move slowly because there is often multiple managers involved in the final decision.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! This company has made so many strides over the years and continues to show tremendous potential for growth.

Coral Hospitality2018-05-16
  7. "Waitress"

I worked at Coral Hospitality part-time

Pros

There is money in my bank account.. Not a lot. But its a job. Working in a lodge, that has SO much potential (and fulfilled that potential in the past when we were state owned) with coworkers and customers that also believe in this place has been a great experience, on the surface.

Cons

Underneath everything.... No one cares about the forward advancement of this establishment, the restaurant in particular. There are no staff meetings to let voices of the employees be heard. The Pilothouse Grill used to be flooded with people waiting to get in. Servers would be making actual money in tips. Im Lucky if I walk out of here with $20. Now, we are open 3-4 days a week with no set hours of operation, no...

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS. GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT. CARE ABOUT THE PILOTHOUSE GRILL AT GEORGE T BAGBY.

Coral Hospitality2018-01-28
  8. "Run away"

Former Employee - Manager in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Coral Hospitality full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not that many to mention. Health benefits are reasonable and Free lunch is definitely a plus. Minimal discounts at select remote properties you will probably never visit because they are in the middle of nowhere. Except the south Florida locations

Cons

Long hours, upper management has no sense of what really happens in operations compared to what they believe should. No loyalty. Micromanagement on all levels, severe lack of communication and empowerment Incredibly high turnover rate on all levels. % of company matching for 401k

Advice to Management

Upper management and hr should be more open to employee feedback. Be more involved with operations 1st hand instead of just looking at numbers.

Coral Hospitality2017-03-19
  9. "Unprofessional-Micro Manage"

I worked at Coral Hospitality

Pros

They advertise that your "Dream Job", and I thought it was....Beautiful Property, nice location, and very competitive wages.

Cons

Operation Managers try to lead by intimidation and sarcasm. Very unprofessional when speaking to other managers/associates. Do not care about the employees, or have loyalty to their team. They lack associate relations and leadership skills. Favoritism. Cannot go to HR because of fear of retaliation/termination. High turnover. Micro manage is an understatement! Creates a culture of dis-function and bad work environment,...

Advice to Management

Hire people in key positions with adequate management skills. Maybe implement the confidential associate surveys. Allow Managers to run their departments, and respect their years of experience and knowledge. Try to build teams and have good employee moral to create a positive atmosphere and happy workplace! Happy associates will provide a better service.

Coral Hospitality2016-09-30
  10. "Micro-Management"

I worked at Coral Hospitality full-time

Pros

Corporate People are very friendly and supportive

Cons

Management at property level lacks of loyalty towards other managers but yet expect to have loyalty back. You work very hard and just not enough to fulfill their expectations.

Advice to Management

Support your managers and recognize not only weekday they do wrong, but also what they do great!

Coral Hospitality2016-03-13