Cordell & Cordell Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

4.4
Cordell & Cordell Co-Founder Joseph E. Cordell (no image)
Joseph E. Cordell
Pros
  • "Best work/life balance of any attorney job I've ever had(in 27 reviews)

• "We also get to work within a results only work environment that allows us to achieve a work-life balance(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is difficult to think of a "con" of working at Cordell other than the normal issues involved in any other law firm dealing with family law clients(in 10 reviews)

• "The bonus structure is not consistent(in 9 reviews)

"The best possible training & environment I could ask for!"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, transparency, teamwork, competitive pay, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Haven't discovered any. I've been here a year, and have zero complaints

"Great atmosphere. Awesome benefits. Open communication."

Current Employee - Attorney in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unmatched benefits, flex scheduling, trips!

Cons

None that I can think of

"Attorney at Cordell"

Current Employee - Senior Litigation Attorney in Portland, ME

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Firm takes excellent care of it's employees.

Cons

Haven't found any downsides yet

Continue reading
  4. "Not the best place to work for, but also not the worst either"

Current Employee - Staff

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time

Pros

Benefits Flexibility (somewhat) Pay is decent Other than what’s listed there are none.

Cons

Absentee managers All about the numbers Quantity over quality

July 1, 2020Communications Team

Thank you for reviewing Cordell & Cordell. We value the comments you have provided and look forward to using these to further improve our firm's operations. With offices across the country and in the U.K., it can be a challenge to bridge the gap of communication. We very much appreciate feedback like this and highly anticipate using your review to work together on key issues.

5. COVID-19

"Excellent Employer With a Winning Business Model"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with wonderful attorneys, all with great attitudes. Everyone is our office is helpful and supportive. I know some attorneys are hard to work with because you can never get them to sit in their seat long enough to do the work. Not these attorneys. They are all hard working, they take ownership of their cases and they all make you feel valued as part of the team. Before agreeing to an interview, I was truly hesistant due to some of the offputting reviews. However, I've been here for about a year and have found that everything I've been promised has been delivered, management is supportive and there is a feeling of comraderie not only in our office, but also with offices across the country. Although they are corporate run, management is rather transparent and family oriented. Mr. Cordell is friendly and approachable. When COVID-19 happened, they did everything possible to allow employees with family to work from home. Mrs. Cordell even offered to help parents with homeschooling tips! That shows great care and concern. Additionally, the benefits are amazing. If you're willing to do your part to be health conscious, you are even further rewarded. I hope to be part of this team for a very long time. Cordell Law feels like home!

Cons

There are none that I've found.

June 8, 2020Communications Team

Thank you for taking time to review Cordell & Cordell. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to learn and grow from each employee's experience. Cordell & Cordell is proud of all the hard working attorneys we have and look forward to continuing to work together with dedicated family law attorneys across the country.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Litigation Attorney

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cordell offers room for employee advancement, great pay and benefits and plenty of professional growth. They pay for CLE's and bar dues. They offer great programs to ensure their employees are keeping up to date on all area's of practice, including litigation skills. Workload is manageable with work-life balance. I enjoy my co-workers and believe my managers (even regional managers and partners) genuinely care for my success.

Cons

Honestly, there is not much negative I can say about this company. They expect you to do your job and will reward you if you do. But if you don't like to work or don't love family law, this may not be the company for you. Employees have to pay for parking. Other than that, you're valued and compensated for your dedication to your clients.

"Great workplace! Great collaborative team! Great benefits!"

Current Employee - Staff

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fabulous location, camaraderie, superbly managed, great benefits, opportunities for additional perks, involved teamwork with like minded individuals.

Cons

no cons in present time frame

March 11, 2020Communications Team

Thank you for reviewing Cordell & Cordell. We value the feedback you have provided regarding opportunities at our firm and the benefits we offer our team members. Cordell & Cordell is proud to offer employees superior benefits and a workplace that strives for work-life balance.

"Great company with great benefits"

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, benefits and the co-workers

Cons

Less flexibility this year.

March 11, 2020Communications Team

Thank you for leaving a review of Cordell & Cordell. We appreciate all employee feedback and look forward to using your comment to analyze our core firm value of work-life balance. We would also like to encourage you to bring any thoughts or ideas you may have to our human resources department so that we can brainstorm as a team.

"Excellent place to work - amazing benefits"

Current Employee - Regional Partner in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Health benefits, retirement benefits, work/life balance, pay, workplace environment, company trips/events, colleagues

Cons

Company has rapid growth so policies change frequently.

March 11, 2020Communications Team

Thank you for leaving a review of Cordell & Cordell. We appreciate the feedback you provided and insight into our firm's culture. At Cordell & Cordell, we make it our goal to keep work/life balance and a positive work environment keys to our success.

"Great Place to Work - Forever job"

Current Employee - Litigation Attorney in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance, minimum billing requirements are completely obtainable, amazing bonus structure and other benefits provided, attorney network all across the country to assist if needed

Cons

Only negative about the Boston office is parking is not provided so paying to park or for the train can get expensive quickly.

February 6, 2020Communications Team

Thank you for leaving a review of Cordell & Cordell. We appreciate your evaluation of the benefits our firm offers its attorneys and will take your comments into consideration moving forward. We also encourage you to bring any issues regarding work environment like parking availability to management so we can address this together.

Found 172 reviews