Cordell & Cordell "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Cordell & Cordell Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 11 Sep 2019

4.5
Cordell & Cordell CEO Joseph E. Cordell (no image)
Joseph E. Cordell
Pros
  • "We also get to work within a results only work environment that allows us to achieve a work-life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Great work environment with lots of flexibility(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "The bonus structure is not consistent(in 9 reviews)

• "It is difficult to think of a "con" of working at Cordell other than the normal issues involved in any other law firm dealing with family law clients(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

No micromanaging, Great team to work with willing people to help, ability to work from home, effective team building exercises outside of the work environment.

Cons

Lack of accountability in some areas

Cordell & Cordell2019-09-11

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Attorney in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Cordell offers fantastic benefits. You can tell they really care about their employees. I have never before worked anywhere that offers 100% employer paid health care and tuition repayment. We also get to work within a results only work environment that allows us to achieve a work-life balance. I am able to make it to my kids appointments and extracurricular activities!

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. I love my job!

Cordell & Cordell2019-05-17

"Team Support"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team-oriented, great benefits, flexible work environment and schedule, mentor programs, and coworkers are great!

Cons

Corporate structure can make procedure change implementation slow

Cordell & Cordell2019-05-20

"Great Firm to Work For"

Current Employee - Litigation Attorney in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment with lots of flexibility. Plenty of freedom to manage your own cases and schedule. Benefits are excellent, and management cares about work-life balance. The firm is always trying new things to benefit employees. With Cordell you get the support, benefits, and infrastructure of a large firm with the flexibility of a firm much smaller.

Cons

Internal procedures can be overwhelming at first but are easily adapted to. There aren't any major cons.

Cordell & Cordell2019-05-02
  5. "Best Decision I Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Senior Attorney

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

The autonomy at Cordell is a huge pro. I have worked at other firms that do not have the structure that is required here at Cordell but I like it because it really does ensure no client is left behind. There are so many checks and balances in place that you learn to practice better...not just for your client but for yourself as well. I love the Result Oriented Work Environment (ROWE). It makes perfect sense and... makes you feel you have some control over your work day. You truly get the best of both worlds here...constant appreciation for the work you put forth and the appropriate compensation for that work yet none of the stress of having to "make it" practicing on your own.

Cons

We are scored on our practice abilities and everything is based on those numbers. Every once in a great while you will receive really awful review from a client that you could not make happy despite your very best efforts. I think these rare negative reviews should be reconsidered in your overall score so as to not ruin all of your hard work from all of the other happy clients.

Advice to Management

I do not really have any advice to management. I have worked for several domestic law firms and not one of them comes close to this firm. In other words, there isn't a whole lot advice I think they need as they've been doing a pretty fantastic job thus far in just 25 short years!

Cordell & Cordell2019-05-08

"Excellent Benefits, People and a Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is great and the benefits are awesome. I really enjoy working with the people here.

Cons

The bonus structure is not consistent.

Cordell & Cordell2019-04-17

"Great Law Firm to work for"

Current Employee - Litigation Attorney in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Cordell on and off since 2014. I started when the firm was growing very rapidly and in 2015 I was laid off. I was able to be rehired in 2017 and it feels like I never left. I love my work environment and my co-workers. The firm offers great benefits , work/life balance and compensation. I have worked for both a small firm and a big firm and I had concerns that a big firm wouldn't provide me... with learning tools to get better but Cordell offers Cordell College and its a chance for each attorney to sharpen their skills, kinda like a workshop with other attorneys from across the U.S. The firm re-evaluates benefits every year and will survey employees anonymously to gain feedback on their progress.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say really. Sometimes the communication between the offices and the client care or billing department could be better but overall I am very satisfied working for Cordell.

Cordell & Cordell2019-03-18

"Wonderful law firm to work for"

Current Employee - Attorney

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The firm invests a great deal in its employees. The compensation and benefits are great and the firm is always looking for ways to offer more to employees. If you are a person who works hard you will be rewarded. The ROWE (results only work environment) for attorneys is priceless if you have a family or children as it provides you with flexibility to manage your work schedule. Everyone that works at Cordell or CMPG... are like a family; everyone is happy to help anyone out in need. Having spent over ten years working at a different law firm, I can really appreciate just how great my job at Cordell & Cordell is.

Cons

Working in the family law field with clients is stressful and challenging. The fact that the bonus structure changes yearly is frustrating.

Cordell & Cordell2019-02-26

"Cordell Domestic Litigation firm a good place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Madison, WI

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers and the team I work with in the Madison office and the insight I gain from my litigation manager and regional partner. Great benefits and compensation packages. ROWE (results only work environment) meaning you can flexibly work from home or on your own time, but there is still an expectation you are at the office as needed. Systems designed by the company help with organization and client/file... management.

Cons

A lot of oversight and micromanagement through numerous internal and external reviews and weekly/monthly meetings, which can be a blessing and a curse. It's time-consuming, but fosters a good learning environment and best serves the client's needs.

Cordell & Cordell2019-02-18

"Cordell"

Current Employee - Legal Staff in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cordell & Cordell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent professional work environment with great benefits and growth opportunities. A wonderful firm to work for.

Cons

I have no negative feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

Cordell & Cordell2019-02-18