KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Core Digital Media Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2021

Found 58 of over 60 reviews

4.1
Core Digital Media CEO Jeff Hughes (no image)
Jeff Hughes
Pros
  • "Good work life balance approach with great HR team(in 9 reviews)

• "There are some really smart people who work there, and leadership does seem to really care about the team members(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "but restrooms can use more space(in 3 reviews)

• "Very fast paced environment and people's plan always gets interrupted by end of day(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The agility of a small company, the stability of a big company

Jun 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great group of people - smart, fun and who really care about you as a person. The culture rewards not just getting things done but doing so in a way that encourages collaboration and being respectful of others. Leadership has done a good job through the entire pandemic of trying to take care of the team, and the hybrid return to work policy seems like it will be a very good and flexible solution. We operate pretty autonomously from the parent Rocket Companies in Detroit, and so as 180 people mostly in LA we aren't too big an organization and can set and change priorities as we need to so we're able to get things done without things becoming bureaucratic. And even though the business did very well last year, it never felt like there would ever be rocky time because we are part of this much larger organization. I like that we're staying in our office b/c it's a great location and am looking forward to getting back there for the good (although not over the top) perks there.

Cons

I can honestly say that in the grand scheme of things, there aren't a ton of cons. Yes, the benefits seem like they got worse when we moved to Detroit's programs. Yes, senior leadership needs to be more diverse so we all have someone who looks like us that we can look up to. But both have been mentioned by management as something they're working on - again, we'll see though...

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Feb 14, 2021 - N/A
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are honestly the best part of CDM. Everyone is so down to earth, super friendly and inviting. You will build great relationships with people and not just the ones on your team. The company is really trying to keep everyone engaged through the pandemic - being remote has its challenges. The HR team is pretty cool and the CEO makes an effort to connect to the entire org. Benefits are great and unlimited PTO. That doesn’t happen often so feeling pretty lucky to be with CDM!

Cons

The only thing I can think of would be to improve 401k match.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work!

Apr 22, 2021 - Associate Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great people. Good culture and amazing office atmosphere.

Cons

love everything about this company!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Amazing company to work for

Jan 18, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great. It was wonderful to work with such smart and friendly people. You’re encouraged to try new things even if it results in mistakes being made.

Cons

Honestly, I can’t think of any.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, great place to learn, fun culture

Aug 3, 2019 - Leader in Playa Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Without a doubt, the other people are the number one thing I love about CDM. They talk about having a "no a-hole" rule and they really do practice that. There are some really smart people who work there, and leadership does seem to really care about the team members. Recently, there's been a renewed focus on mission and purpose and doing something beyond just making money. It's a message that seems to be resonating. There are all the other perks like free meals, company outings, tickets to concerts and games, unlimited PTO, half day Fridays during the summer, pretty good comp compared to the market - but feels like everybody has that now. So for me it's really about the opportunity to work with smart people on interesting problems.

Cons

Not everybody is smart and sometimes management hangs on too long "hoping" that someone is going to turn it around. Like a lot of small companies, sometimes they have to promote people into leadership positions who may not be ready or suited for those roles. I think they realize it and try to help them.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

CEO Leads With Empathy | Company Culture + Coworkers = 5 Stars

Apr 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You're not just a number here. When you start, it's likely everyone already knows your name and what you'll be working on. Expect lots of smiles and hellos. During 'shelter in place', expect to be added to some fun slack channels :) - The CEO communicates well across all levels of the organization and consistently leads with empathy. - The company takes employee feedback to heart and is transparent about what they prioritize and why. - Work-life balance is not a myth, and it actually exists here! If I work late, it's because I want to put in extra time, not because it's mandated.

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Genuine culture, Amazing team members, and Caring CEO

Apr 24, 2020 - Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance with unlimited PTO, understanding colleagues, and we are even encouraged to take time off while working remote to rest and relax. Culture is huge here and it really shows with the CEO checking in on people individually during COVID-19 when we all went remote. Co-workers, referred to as Team Members here are friendly, welcoming, and bond with one another easily despite not working together or being in the same department. The CEO Jeff, is really transparent (one of the company's core values) with the company's vision, goals, and how the business is doing overall. He truly cares about his employees and values their opinion.

Cons

Nothing major sticks out at the moment.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Abusive tech department

Jun 7, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Playa Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like this one from a review: "Free Greasy/Subpar Breakfast Fridays???? Free excel classes". I'd add:<br> Nice people<br> Helpful HR<br> Location<br> Parking<br> Spacious office

Cons

Many tech managers (so called "leaders") with obsolete knowledge and weak leadership skills, have nothing else to do but conducting endless meetings with no agendas and no conclusions. <br> Tech managers don't read, don't present or speak about technical subjects, don't help, don't give good advice, don't code or create any valuable artifact. All they do, arrange meetings via Microsoft Outlook (which they love so much) with no agenda and no clear objectives.<br> Tech managers are considered untouchable. If someone complains about any manager (in or out of tech department), they will be shut down by the greatest force possible. They take it personally being insecure and incompetent. <br> You are not allowed to ask any questions that might make them think that you want to remotely challenge their high table. Do it at your own risk. <br> Tech managers consider themselves as part of a higher class or cast of the CDM society. They genuinely have no respect for their subordinates. Also they have no filters. They say whatever comes to their mind. They speak with no evidence, choose words loosely, insult and attack people, read your mind, put words in your mouth and punish you for it.

9 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Job

Apr 15, 2020 - Media Buyer in Playa Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, Hard Work, Great place to work

Cons

Disconnect between employee and leadership needs

11. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

GREAT!

Mar 10, 2020 - Marketing Systems Analyst in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, great managers, great benefits

Cons

not much of a con...but restrooms can use more space

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews