Core Digital Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at Core Digital Media (More than a year)

Pros

great company culture and people. long tenured employees show tremendous loyalty and strong bonds. salary is competitive and the so are the benefits.

Cons

employee ownership or 'stock' in the company unclear; legacy technology

"Review"

I worked at Core Digital Media full-time

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Plenty of growth opportunity. Senior management guides the company very well.

Cons

Horseplay galore. Worthless fraternizing HR. Personality and perception trump performance. Malignant narcissism will get you to middle management.

"Coming to work never felt like work! Truly sad to leave."

Former Employee - Marketing Systems/Ad Ops in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Systems/Ad Ops in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at Core Digital Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Choosing to work at Core Digital Media was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only was this a pivotal point in growing my career, I made really great friends and interacted with the most brilliant minds I've ever known. Everyone is down to earth and hard working. The competitive landscape continuously drives our 'winning' culture. Coming to work never felt like work. I felt challenged, engaged, and every day I was learning something new.

Pros include the following:
    -Managers who care about your personal and professional growth
    -Work/life balance is respected
    -Charity outreach
    -Breakfast every Friday
    -Half-day Summer Friday's
    -Professional/personal training courses

Cons

I don't have any. I didn't leave the company on a bad note. I left because an opportunity came my way and I had to take it..

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Care for employees is great. Business is a bit shady"

I worked at Core Digital Media full-time

Pros

Awesome work environment. Very caring upper management. Fair salaries

Cons

What is promised on the ads v/s what people get after filling up the form could be very different. That why I call it a bit shady.

"Great company - it's all about the people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at Core Digital Media (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Core Digital Media as a manager of a fairly large team. I also had the opportunity to work with colleagues from all other departments. It is probably hard to believe but I truly enjoyed working with every single person there, whether it's top management or a team member. The company encourages a very open and positive work culture. To name a few things I really love about the company:
    *Management is very receptive to changes. As a manager I was able to own the processes and shape my team. The business is constantly changing so it's good to be able to make decisions without constantly being questioned.
    *Feedback/evaluation system is effective. I saw a lot of one-on-one meetings between managers and their staff. Managers truly care about the development and growth of their team members and are willing to invest the time to do so.
    *Upper management makes good effort to be transparent. Road shows and all hands meetings to communicate update financials and strategic visions are always scheduled to make sure employees stay informed.

Cons

Too much dessert and food offerings!!! Hard to not gain weight if you work there!

6. "Working Full-time at CDM"

I have been working at Core Digital Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great group of people to work with.

Cons

The commute can be rough if you don't live in the area!!!

Advice to Management

N/A

"Smoke and mirrors"

I worked at Core Digital Media full-time

Pros

Standard office perks and benefits (Alcohol in the office, table games, sporting event tickets, etc..) Friendly environment and collaborative team members. Decent pay. Perfect place to hone your skills on analyzing and manipulating data for your next job.

Cons

No matter how hard they try to comb the office with games/activities it is still very dry and boring. They try to display a hip environment but upper management manages to squeeze the personality out of you. The managers attempt to share personal stories but it's all a facade that you'll quickly realize when you mistake them for friends.

Working there made me feel isolated by design. It felt like managers are following a guideline that required them to ask mundane questions to interact with us and would prevent any real human interaction. Managers are in their own little bubbles and only go to lunch together so it's easy to feel excluded. It removes any opportunity to build a good work relationship with your superiors (mentor). This can be interpreted in many ways but I'll leave that up to you.

Vacation/sicks time is unlimited !!! sounds great unless you're worked like a dog and never take vacation. When you leave Vac/sick time is not paid out so make sure you take it.

Fake stocks are given to you at hire and other times. Like vacation/sick time they're worthless once you leave. (They never tell you how many shares exists or what they're worth)

Leave your personality at home or you'll have to pay a visit to HR. It's funny that they push the limits with their creative but god forbid someone joke in the office or hug a friend. Meanwhile upper management is cursing, screaming, and is condescending towards employees but no one bats an eye. Not to mention the banging/kicking of desks by angry upper management reacting to an employee screwing up. There's also a few inappropriate male magazine ads on some managers desk so you can see the inconsistency with HR.

Nepotism is also definitely at play and while no one really confronts the issue they are all well aware that it exists. It's one of those things that everyone knows about but doesn't discuss.

Advice to Management

Diversity in management would help.
    Or just go back to a corporate office with cubicles. It's a better fit for what the company environment really is.

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Core Digital Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Core Digital Media has been an incredible experience. I can truly say that I have been given the opportunity to grow my career. I am not alone in this as I have seen a number of people grow from entry level roles into management positions. Employees are challenged here. Many have moved across departments as well as from one vertical to another because their unique skill set brings something new to that group. The company has grown and continues to look at ways to innovate and diversify and challenging its employees has played a key role in the CDM's success.
    The company has competitive salaries as well as benefits. They actually care about their employees. Even when making difficult decisions the company has gone out of its way to take care of their employees.
    Our marketing group is one of the best anywhere. We do things here from a marketing perspective that not many companies can do. They are relentless in their approach to optimization and the results bare themselves out accordingly.
    The company culture is the best I have worked for. It is like family here. People stay at this company for years.

Cons

No company is perfect. The product here is not exactly earth shattering. We sell leads and whenever you are selling information there can be a backlash.
    We are a small company so while I have seen a number of people grow into management roles there are only so many of these roles to fill. This can lead some to become frustrated.

Advice to Management

Continue with what you are doing in terms of culture. In addition, growth and diversification are key to our success. When exploring our next vertical be sure it is more than just the next big thing and make sure it is sustainable long term.

"Great culture to work in"

Pros

It is a great place to work. Everyone is really knowledgable and come to win!

Cons

There really are not any cons!

"Stay Away"

I worked at Core Digital Media full-time

Pros

Company has been around for a long time. They are one of the biggest lead generators in the industry. You can learn a lot working here.

Cons

Their biggest client which made up 50% of their revenue quit using them. Not a very smart business model. They recently laid off 20% of the company yet they were still hiring.

Advice to Management

They claimed to be transparent, but they are not. They spent money on team outings and VIP Staples center tickets instead of watching the budget.