Core Digital Media Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 24, 2020

4.1
Core Digital Media CEO Jeff Hughes (no image)
Jeff Hughes
Pros
  • "Good work life balance approach with great HR team(in 9 reviews)

• "There are some really smart people who work there, and leadership does seem to really care about the team members(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "but restrooms can use more space(in 3 reviews)

• "Very fast paced environment and people's plan always gets interrupted by end of day(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Genuine culture, Amazing team members, and Caring CEO

Apr 24, 2020 - Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance with unlimited PTO, understanding colleagues, and we are even encouraged to take time off while working remote to rest and relax. Culture is huge here and it really shows with the CEO checking in on people individually during COVID-19 when we all went remote. Co-workers, referred to as Team Members here are friendly, welcoming, and bond with one another easily despite not working together or being in the same department. The CEO Jeff, is really transparent (one of the company's core values) with the company's vision, goals, and how the business is doing overall. He truly cares about his employees and values their opinion.

Cons

Nothing major sticks out at the moment.

2. 5.0

CEO Leads With Empathy | Company Culture + Coworkers = 5 Stars

Apr 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You're not just a number here. When you start, it's likely everyone already knows your name and what you'll be working on. Expect lots of smiles and hellos. During 'shelter in place', expect to be added to some fun slack channels :) - The CEO communicates well across all levels of the organization and consistently leads with empathy. - The company takes employee feedback to heart and is transparent about what they prioritize and why. - Work-life balance is not a myth, and it actually exists here! If I work late, it's because I want to put in extra time, not because it's mandated.

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, team members & culture

Jun 12, 2019 - Executive in Playa Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great place to work in Playa Vista in online marketing, technology and data science - Amazing culture of work hard and play harder where internal team members are developed and promoted - Strong benefits programs from comp to 401k to vacation policy - Good work life balance approach with great HR team

Cons

- if you are not a self starter, this is not the right fit - if you don't like data, solving complicated marketing problems and real time adjustment and learning to market conditions than this is not the right fit - if you are not driven to win this is not the right place.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Coming to work never felt like work! Truly sad to leave.

Nov 2, 2016 - Marketing Systems/Ad Ops in Playa Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Choosing to work at Core Digital Media was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only was this a pivotal point in growing my career, I made really great friends and interacted with the most brilliant minds I've ever known. Everyone is down to earth and hard working. The competitive landscape continuously drives our 'winning' culture. Coming to work never felt like work. I felt challenged, engaged, and every day I was learning something new. Pros include the following: -Managers who care about your personal and professional growth -Work/life balance is respected -Flexible vacation -Matching 401k -Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance -COOLEST CULTURE EVER. -Health and wellness initiatives -Charity outreach -Breakfast every Friday -Half-day Summer Friday's -Professional/personal training courses

Cons

I don't have any. I didn't leave the company on a bad note. I left because an opportunity came my way and I had to take it..

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great company

Mar 6, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, excellent management, nice office in playa Vista, knowledgeable co-workers, and good work life balance

Cons

It can take awhile to move up as the senior managers have been around for years.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An exceptional place to work

Feb 4, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A company where you can speak with the President or CTO on a regular basis. - A non-micromanagement approach to business. - A true work/life balance where you can leave your work at the office. - Wellness program, tuition reimbursement and last year had summer hours.

Cons

- The office is a bit small, but I heard a move is in the works.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Mar 31, 2014 - Developer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Intelligent peers. Good work environment. Fast paced. Flexible work hours on a need basis. Great location.

Cons

Very fast paced. Number of restrooms is limited but the new facility should make that a lot better.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place for an internship

Nov 5, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are super nice. Great location, great work-life balance.

Cons

really don't have many choices for lunch.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced environment with lots of challenging work

Apr 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has looked well after its employees. As a result average tenure of people is more than comparable positions elsewhere in the industry. Generally a very good work-life balance is possible. Enough challenging work exists at all levels and departments keeping employees engaged and offering new things to learn constantly. Management is supportive and pretty transparent.

Cons

Constant evolution of the lead gen space has kept everyone on the toes in this company. Sometimes it could mean too much work load but thankfully that is very minimal.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews