Core Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Earhart

Pros
  • Salary is good but you will get more in other company with better job with work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Coworkers are great, executive team is very accessible and hands on, flexible schedule if you need to sometimes work from home/remotely (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • New management doesn't seem to care of have a clue how to fix it (in 6 reviews)

• Sometimes poor communication between customers, sales & development (in 4 reviews)

"Great company with lots of opportunity"

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, a sense of "family"
    Flexible hours if needed
    Growth & advancement opportunity
    Comprehensive training
    Solid management that will listen & help their employees as best they can
    Management recognizes hard work
    Challenging & fast paced. Never a dull moment!

Cons

Medical Benefits could be better
    No 401K match

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees. Keep on NOT micromanaging - that is a huge benefit. Most of us have a huge workload and we work in spikes and not changed to our desks. We care deeply about producing, and we produce a lot. We can do that because you respect us enough to give us some freedom in how we do our jobs.

"Like Family - Invest in you while challenging you to become the best you can be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Core Security (More than 3 years)

Pros

Core is a great place to work. You will be challenged and learn something new everyday. It's a great place to jump start your career. You will be surrounded by excellent leaders with years of experience in the industry. The culture has improved and continuing to improve. Management values employees and is dedicated to making Core a success. The company focuses on investing in current employees and offers training, summits, etc. Feels like a family - close, care about personal growth but challenge and push you so that you become the best you can be.

Cons

Can be a lot of work at times, but is balanced with career growth and flexibility. Benefits are decent but not the best in the industry.

"Have Fun & Advance Your Career"

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees at Core Security are committed to making the company successful, and it is evident. Management invests in employees, are dedicated to helping them with personal career growth as well as growth in the company, and they truly take time to listen and provide helpful feedback.

Everyone at Core is determined and doesn't give up on the long term goals. It's exciting and provides personal motivation. There is tons of opportunity for career growth and personal development. The feedback and advice regarding company culture given by employees has been heard, and with the dedicated effort made the culture has improved tremendously. At Core, employees are able to advance their career while also having fun at work.

- Culture, trust from management, flexibility, career growth, personal development, learning and development, management

Cons

There is not 401k match

Advice to Management

Keep it up. It's rare to be part of a company where high-level management has open doors and listens to employees from every level of the organization. While building a great company, you're also inspiring and developing those around you to become great leaders as well.

"Solid Company & Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Core Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Core Security is turning the corner on its growth potential and the opportunities are tremendous for everyone. The company has spent the last two years bringing together amazing security talent and solutions to develop a unique actionable insight platform that will disrupt the security market. There are ample opportunities across all teams to make a huge difference while growing your skills and experience tremendously. The overall security market continues to grow, and Core Security is well positioned to be one of the few thought-leaders. If you want a fast-paced environment that surrounds yourself with top-level talent, this is the place for you!

Cons

Bringing together 5 companies in 2 years has it's integration pain, but it seems the company is finally close to completion. 2016 had too much change, but it was needed to create the foundation for an exceptional 2017.

Advice to Management

Continue to actively engage with prospects, customers, partners and employees to ensure you are delivering the solutions and priorities that matter. Keep up the open and honest communication as that is critical to our cultural success.

"Tons of change, Tons of fun!"

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Summary-
    The Company has gone through a drastic amount of change. Many acquisitions and each came with restructuring, a layoff, and additional opportunities. Most of the employees left wear many hats and have all been told they are part of the future. It is back to a startup mentality but not in a scary way. It’s refreshing to feel empowered to just get things done without many hurdles or red tape. If you want something do it, if you need something get it etc. I love the short term plan of bringing all of the companies together on one platform and believe this will change the enterprise security software industry. I trust the leadership at Core Security and I fell this new Executive team is the best we have had yet. I like being involved in fun decisions like planning the sales kickoff meeting. I really feel included and valued as an employee.

Pros-
    Great work/life balance
    Invested Team Members. I like everyone in my office.
    On Premise Gym
    Relaxing Fun Game Room
    Free drinks and great coffee!
    Good benefits
    Relaxed environment to work
    Tons of inside and outside the office events. Food and Drinks

Cons

No 401K match
    What is the long term plan? We know the short term.
    There was uncertainty and poor communication during the acquisitions but this has improved with monthly meetings and ask leadership sessions.
    Too much private equity involvement

Advice to Management

You are doing are much better job making sure your employees feel valued please don’t lose sight of that. Keep the communication going it is making a difference. I really like and trust the new leadership and structure we have. Please build on that and deliver on commitments around the go forward plan. Hand out some new logo schwag to the employees. Make us “go all in” with Core Security and embrace the culture and change.

"GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT CULTURE, A LOT OF WORK BUT EVEN MORE FUN!!"

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- GROWTH POTENTIAL: It is an opportunity to join a great team and truly make an impact. The organization is very flat, a lot of visibility with executive leadership, not a lot of red tape, no micro-managers and plenty of options to take on/ be apart of cross functional projects that span the entire organization.

- CREATIVITY: A great deal of trust and creative freedom had been bestowed upon me, which was exactly what I wanted and needed from an employer. Leaders value suggestions and input from all employees and encourage ambition and innovation. If you want to make a difference you can. Sale organization is focused on velocity, so your ability to bring new ideas to the table and get creative is as high as you want it to be.

- THE VISION: the products/solutions are exciting and the overall Vision is a game changer! In short, the IP we own is super cool.Core is focused on creating a new category within the Security Industry by enabling enterprises to take a more comprehensive and predictive approach to reducing risk. They "put their money where their mouth is," as they have acquired 4 companies in the last year and a half and continue to stay true to their vision and values.

- FREEDOM: Core provides you the freedom you need to be Successful and Happy. You are treated like an adult. If you need to go to the doctor, need some time off, have to work from home, tend to a last-second emergency, Core will let you do all those things without second-guessing you. And they don't make you feel guilty doing any of those things either. Management just cares about you getting your job done. Of course your hours according to position have certain expectations of availability and in-office attendance, but they are all very reasonable and super flexible with you.

- PEOPLE: We have fun together. Execs and managers are enthusiastic and passionate about the company and this energy trickles down to the rest of the employees. Everyone I've met is open, warm, friendly, and inclusive, and they all love what they do. (they do this by hiring heavily through a referral program, people really are good friends here.)

- PERKS: Pretty strong. Killer game room, cool office, vacation is solid, access to gym, training is excellent, Salary ranges from average to competitive depending on the position, Health/benefits are good but average.

Cons

Growing pains!

Resources are tight!

As mentioned, 4 acquisition in a year and half, with that there has been a lot of turn over. We have seen a lot of great folks go, but have seen a lot stay as well. I believe we are through the worst of the personal shifting and am very optimistic about the changes that took place.

Lots of change. If you can not handle a fast paced environment and ambiguity, this may not be the spot for you.

Benefits could be better, but as expected for a small company.

Advice to Management

Remain enthusiastic and passionate about the company, that energy trickles down. Continue to be open and honest with the employees about the company and the decisions that are being made.Somehow find a way to put employees' needs before investors' needs. Continue to provide support and resources to teams that need them. Measure twice and cut once. Find a way to keep what we need.

"Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee of Core Security for over a year. Core has a great company culture...great ways to get the employees involved and giving back to the community. Coworkers are great, executive team is very accessible and hands on, flexible schedule if you need to sometimes work from home/remotely. Also a great place to grow and gain experience.

Cons

Benefits could be better, but to be expected for the size company Core is.

Advice to Management

Keep giving employees insight into what is going on in the business.

9. "Great People; Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Core Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent group of people to work along side. This is an excellent opportunity to join a group of people that want to make a difference, and be a part of that difference.

Cons

The recent acquisitions have the company in a "transition mode", and have resources stretched.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. The employees have to believe they are part of the process to believe in the process. Let's all "row the boat".

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is an exciting time to work at Core Security. The company is creating new spaces in an industry that is critical to every company in every industry across the world. To display their confidence in Core's vision, the ownership company , K1, helped to acquire 4 companies in the last year and a half.

Career advancement is one my top priorities. One of the main reasons I came to work with this company and will stay with this company is the opportunity for advancement. The mergers, promotions, and new products have all opened opportunities for growth within the company.

Game room with games, TVs, couches, and foosball. Access to Gym. Great Health Insurance and vacation. Amazing people. So many opportunities for training on different subjects. Nice office. Work from home and flex hours. Casual dress.

Cons

The mergers forced an expected personnel shift that resulted in a lot of good people leaving the company. It was very scary during the transition, but that process is now over and we are stronger than ever.

Needs more cross training and subject matter experts.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of every opportunity to promote from within. Focus on process refinement to become the very best at everything we do. Continue to be open and honest with the employees about the company and the decisions that are being made.

"A Most Improved Year"

I have been working at Core Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn about growing a business, acquiring and integrating businesses, enterprise software and the cyber-security industry. The employees are amazing and really do support and encourage each other. With our new "Rally Cry" the company has rallied around a common goal and you can see the results and the excitement of reaching each team reaching their goals. I've learned so much in my 1.5 years here and look forward to even more opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

LOTS of changes over the past year. We acquired 4 companies in one year, changed the business model, and the org structure so it was a bit crazy for a few months. However, I feel like the changes are working and that we are starting to establish a new norm for success in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and communicating. Change is scary and your team just wants to know what is going on. Communication has gotten a lot better over the past few months - keep it up!