Core Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Core Services Founder, President and CEO Jim Bistis
Jim Bistis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Oracle DBA"

I have been working at Core Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn lot in this place and they will keep you busy

Cons

Need Good Project Management team

2. "Operations Agent"

I worked at Core Services full-time

Pros

Young and collaborative team, opportunity to learn from technical teams

Cons

Miscommunication between management and employees

3. "Client Care Coordinator"

Former Employee - Client Care Coordinator
    Former Employee - Client Care Coordinator

I worked at Core Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The organization provides homeless
    services to an underserved client popu-
    lation.

Cons

Core Services Group ,Inc engages in
    discriminatory employment practice
    and unscrupulus dealings.Employment
    terminations are implemented without
    good cause.They are believed to be in-
    plemented to conceal some sort of wrong
    doing on the part of the employer.Employees need to be cognizant of their rights and know
    the employment laws as well as being
    aware of corrupt activities in the organ-
    zation such as inventing my offered job
    that did not exist in this organization and
    terminating my employment 2 days after
    my start date for no legal reason,but only
    to conceal their collaboration in unscrupulous activities with those of
    venal characteristics .

Advice to Management

The terms of employment must be
    implemented in a legal and just manner.
    Employees should be allowed to exercise
    their rights as members of the protective
    class without losing their employment
    in retaliation or for some unscrupulous
    reason .

4. "Average"

I worked at Core Services full-time

Pros

flexible, learn a lot,

Cons

too much work, management non co operative

5. "Stay Miles awayyy..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Core Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros:
    - Employees working are dedicated and good quality. Mostly Indian workforce (onsite + offshore), but they are top notch and quality people.
    - Good place for freshers (only) to learn new technology.
    - Could pay above market (only to exploit later).

Cons

Cons:
    - Sweatshop, is all I can say about this company. Last drop of blood from each employee is drawn out until they can... and then fired when there is nothing left. Each and every team is bleeding, sometimes I wonder how clients still stay with this company.
    - Very high pressure environment and always expected to perform.
    - Management doesnt know how to treat employees.
    - Infra (server + network) team is worst affected since last 15 years. Always sweet talks and commitments.
    - They have operations from India and they heavily rely on them. You are still expected to be around 24x7. Dare to miss a call!!
    - Bonus is a joke, like a mirage. Have seen $150k+ people get $1-2k/year against committed 25%.
    - You got to be Single or divorced (or be prepared to) to survive in this company. ZERO personal life.
    - I left within 6 months of joining, had already seen enough from this ~50 employee company.

Advice to Management

I guess management already knows, but chooses to ignore. Have seen employees complain everyday by escalating to manager/management but noting happens.

"company environment does not exsist, non functional"

Former Employee - DB Administrative in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - DB Administrative in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Core Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Could be exiting company on leading edge of hosting, instead incompetent management team.

Cons

CEO incompetent, and management team poor. No human resource attention to employees

7. "Great Place to learn!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ

I worked at Core Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall great place to learn, Challenging and demanding work but very rewarding. The experience is priceless. Great coworkers, Coffee always provided, and Free lunch on Fridays!

Cons

The business is run in a very poor fashion. I found myself questioning how this company was still around. Upper management needs to wake up and try to keep the good people who are constantly leaving this company.

"Senior Management"

I worked at Core Services full-time

Pros

Challenging work environment. Good but narrow product set.

Cons

The most unprofessional organization ever seen. Surprised there are lawsuits against the companies for employee abuse.

Advice to Management

Let a professional management team run it. Or just sell it.

9. "Avoid working here"

Pros

Gained some sort of work experience and learned how to deal with a hectic environment.

Cons

This company is structured poorly and management does not seem to care about anyone's personal needs. You have no choice but to work weekends, holidays etc. Also, everyone is quick to point the finger rather than trying to work as a team to resolve the issues the clients are facing. Company is overall understaffed with no intentions of hiring the right amount of people to deal with the workload. Very stressful work environment!!

Advice to Management

Hire Hire Hire and start appreciating your employees and how hard you make them work.

"Great Place to Learn a Lot"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Core Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a wonderful place for learning. You are given very minimal training and then thrown in for hands on learning. HR in the US is helpful and does the best possible, but has her hands tied by upper management. Those on the front lines with you are a wonderful group of people. The atmosphere is hectic but the people make it fun when you aren't neck deep in problems and high priority issues (all the time). Lunch is brought in each Friday for all employees in the office, and the dress code is very lenient.

Cons

There aren't enough resources to get all of the required work done properly and on time. New clients are told we have vast expertise in all of these areas, but once they sign we get ONE subcontractor to do the work. Many resources are stretched so thin it's just a matter of time before we all collapse. Senior management doesn't seem to realize that every single employee is burnt out, tired, stressed, and tired of being yelled at by clients for not getting things done on time. The company has lost about 5-10 people in the past year and only back filled select positions after 10+ months causing a lot of strain on resources. There is little room for growth after you make it into a position. No matter how long you work for the company, it is seriously next to impossible to get promoted, a title change to reflect your skills, and a raise to bring you to current averages for your position in the state.

Advice to Management

It is understandable that you want to show a high profit margin, especially when we are bringing in so many new clients, but please hire more technical resources for the US working hours. It is difficult to come into the office knowing we are going to kill ourselves for twelve hours and then get yelled at for not getting everything done. Stop holding the lead DBA and Account Manager accountable for clients leaving. It is not their fault that we do not have the resources to support the clients we bring in and flat out lie to them to get them onboard and in a contract that we cannot support. Show your clients you care instead of taking weeks of escalation to approve work, credits or audit information for the clients. It's the little things like doing these quickly that show clients that we care about them, not just the money they give us. Promote from within - there are many capable people in the office every day who have supported you through the crappy way this company is run. Put them in a higher position and thank them for what they do instead of bringing in someone from outside that has to be trained by these "lower" resources who deserve the position instead. Lastly, pay your employees. If you look at the state averages, many people that are not upper management should be getting significantly more than they are. Have team meetings - don't let your employees have to fend for themselves and run meetings for each other (this happens on multiple teams) and make yourself available to help like your positions say you should. Stop hiring remote management who is never in the office. They not only don't know their direct reports, but they don't seem to care until they're worried that everyone is starting to quit (and even then it's still debatable if you'll get any help).