Corley Plumbing Air Electric Reviews

Updated May 19, 2020

4.7
Corley Plumbing Air Electric Founder  Chris Corley (no image)
Chris Corley
  1. "Truly the best company ever!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Corley Plumbing Air Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

A truly caring owner and management team. Our technicians are the best and always take care of our customers as well as those of us in the office. I've never worked for a company that TRULY feels like a family.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Corley.

June 11, 2020Marketing

We absolutely LOVE having you here! Thanks for all you do!

2. COVID-19

"A Laundry List of Grievances"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at Corley Plumbing Air Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical benefits (a lot of medication is not covered even on the highest paid plan)

Cons

ah where to start. They will say anything during the interview to get you hired for the CSR position due to it being a high turn over role. The first thing I mentioned when I went in was my excitement to grow and advance and I was told there would be many opportunities but only 1 time was there an advancement opportunity in the year I was there. They claim to have weekly one on ones and quarterly reviews but I haven't received either in over 6 months. They claim to have an open door policy but that is not true either. After experiencing an ongoing issue (which I attempted to solve directly) with no one to hold them accountable I went to the next higher up who was annoyed and asked if I had talked to the person about the issue. Duh! Why would I come to you otherwise? And then instead of mediating the situation they send it back to the person I'm struggling with and basically told me not to involve them in our department issues. The role itself is a joke. You are expected to make outgoing calls the entire day and to find a way to make them on your own with no guidance. I found a way to compile the information and find customers viable for calling much faster and was discouraged from doing it. They set goals but no matter how much you meet or in my case overly exceed them you do not get a raise. You are expected to take an on call phone once a week and an occasional weekend and be ready for calls during the time overnight with no pay (except for $5 for booked calls which is ridiculous) The standards changes constantly and also the way things are done. You are not allowed to ask questions about changes even though they flip flop on everything on a daily basis. I was told that questioning things was a sign i didn't have an "open mind" but how dare I try to understand my job so I can do it the best I can. The same person as mentioned earlier spends all day discussing personal problems, hair, nails, etc. But if you start a conversation for more than a minute with someone else on the team they interrupt and tells you to get back to work. You have to ask for permission to leave your desk as if you are a child. If that is not enough you are harassesd you if you do not give an immediate response to a question. (Chats, texts and phone calls to your personal phone within a span of a couple minutes) During the covid19 pandemic they had us still making calls to our customers to get us out there to find problems during yearly maintenance checks we could capitalize on (immoral.) And not surprisingly a majority of the customers were not happy to receive these calls if they were not experiencing any problems at their homes. The entire department is emptying out currently due to so much discontent. If you enjoy power and money hungry management that likes to be condescending towards its staff this is the place for you.

June 11, 2020Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value your input, and can assure you that your concerns have been addressed and will be properly handled. Our intention is to make Corley the best place you have ever worked. Thank you again for your insight, it helps us make Corley a better company for everyone! Best of luck in your career!

3. "Great Benefits & Culture | Long Hours"

I worked at Corley Plumbing Air Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and company culture. 401k match and HSA and tool program. Did supply nice knee pads and boots when I was working there. Also they paid for my EPA after just a few months and I got paid to go to the class.

Cons

Be prepared to work long hours in the summer as HVAC installer. Lots of nights getting home between 8pm and 9:30pm.

June 11, 2020Marketing

Thank you for the feedback!

4. "If you work for it, it works for you."

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Greenville, SC

Pros

Caring management team, always new opportunities to grow, learn, and advance. Promotes from within.

Cons

If you aren’t aligned with the core values, it’s near impossible to fake it. These are genuine human beings who can tell the difference between good people and people who pretend to be nice.

October 9, 2019Operations Manager

We are so glad to have you on the team. Thanks for the feedback as it helps us to get better and better!

5. "I don't intend to leave anytime soon."

Current Employee - Ambassador of Memberships in Greenville, SC

Pros

My manager Christine, Training, PAY, Flexibility, Schedule

Cons

I don't have any cons about my current position, truthfully.

October 9, 2019Operations Manager

We think those are great things too. Thanks for the feedback!

6. "best workplace with the best people"

Current Employee - Director of Memeberships

I have been working at Corley Plumbing Air Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

supportive and close staff, Mr. Corley

Cons

the womens bathroom confuses me

August 8, 2019Marketing

We love having you here at Corley! We are delighted to see the growth you have had in your career here over the years.

7. "Great place to work with people who care!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

Pros

Clean space, happy environment, caring people, great scheduling

Cons

sometimes you have to take work home with you

October 9, 2019Operations Manager

We appreciate the information. Thank you for being here.

8. "Come Join the Family!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Corley Plumbing Air Electric full-time

Pros

Family friendly environment with an honest and caring owner.

Cons

The technicians drink all the coffee.

October 9, 2019Operations Manager

We do have some great coffee. We love having you here, thank you for the information.

9. "Great"

Current Employee - Plumber in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Corley Plumbing Air Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family environment, great benefits, trucks to drive home

Cons

Employee retention is low for some reason

March 29, 2019Director of Marketing

We appreciate you giving feedback!

10. "Hvac technician"

Current Employee - HVAC Service Technician

Pros

Honest caring coworkers and management, truly the best place I’ve ever worked!

Cons

None to speak of at this time

December 17, 2018Director of Marketing

We are glad to have you as a part of our team!

Found 20 reviews