Cornell University Employee Reviews about "communication"
85% would recommend to a friend
(40 total reviews)
Martha E. Pollack
84% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Cornell University
Got a burning question about Cornell University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cornell University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and options for healthcare coverage" (in 204 reviews)
- "The people are great; they are flexible and always there for you to ask questions of." (in 192 reviews)
- "Highly flexible hours and workload." (in 100 reviews)
- "Quite and beautiful campus with a lot of collaboration across labs" (in 83 reviews)
- "The staff is friendly and polite." (in 50 reviews)
- "boring work and low pay" (in 108 reviews)
- "Salary is low and housing difficult to find." (in 67 reviews)
- "Management was poor and didn't listen to the needs of the staff" (in 23 reviews)
- "Some managers need to learn how to treat their employers." (in 14 reviews)
- "lack of diversity in older team members" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Cornell University and is not affected by filters.
Found 40 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "communication"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jan 29, 2020Athletic Ticketing Game Day StaffFormer Employee
Great staff and fun experience
Lack of communication during eventsCornell University Response4y
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Go Big Red!
- 5.0Oct 25, 2022Writing InternFormer Intern, more than 1 year
- Kind and supportive colleagues who respect the contribution of interns - Work with and learn from the best and brightest in their fields
- Low pay (for interns) - Infrequent communication between departments (somewhat isolated)
- 4.0Jun 30, 2013Student AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIthaca, NY
The people you work with are for the most part intelligent and engaging. Everyone is willing to help answer questions. The vision for the project holistic and idealistic.
At some points there was a lack in direction. People kept missing various deadlines and at several points there was an apparent lack of communication between departments.
- 4.0Sep 16, 2014CS ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIthaca, NY
Mindful of student obligations. Professors and other faculty are fantastic resources. Flexible schedule. Once you are in, it is fairly simple to move across positions in different classes and get involved in research.
Sometimes there is a bit of lack of organization and communication regarding specific obligations. Although you are part of a professor's staff, you are managed by a student, who may not always provide the most helpful guidelines from the get go.
- 4.0Aug 2, 2022COVID-19 TesterFormer Employee
Amazing staff, helpful, free TCAT bus pass
Lack of proper communication between testing supervisors and Cornell public health lead to confusion at certain hectic times during the semester.
- 4.0Nov 19, 2020LecturerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIthaca, NY
excellent resources and support for delivering course from ECE department
poor communication with broader college and university leadership