CornerStone Staffing (TX) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Stephen Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very courteous and helpful, great to deal with during 120 days temp to hire (in 2 reviews)

• Keep you working steady, good selections for job placement (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • After the my assignment was up they no longer looked for jobs for me (in 3 reviews)

• Cornerstone may or Mmy not have known shabby benefits with company- they wont tell you until your temp to hire has been satisfied (in 2 reviews)

1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Arlington, TX

I worked at CornerStone Staffing (TX) part-time

Pros

They get you job opportunities that are a best fit. Easy to complete time sheets and get paid on time.

Cons

They prioritize opportunities based on the need. You must constantly follow up to make sure they know you are serious about working.....not a con really....

Advice to Management

Hire more counselors. They seem to be overloaded and are not able to service all those who a seeking employment.

Jul 13, 2017 – Senior Operations Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Our recruiters work hard to ensure both the customers and the job seekers are a good fit. We love job seekers that follow up and are serious about working. Thank you for... More

2. "Exceptional Company"

I have been working at CornerStone Staffing (TX) full-time

Pros

There are tons of pros for working for this company and here are only a few of them
    - Christian based company
    - Management is open to new ideas
    - Leadership opportunities
    - Great work/life balance
    - Everyone is pleasant to work with
    - You aren't just an employee or a number. You are part of a family and a member of a team that is striving to obtain the same goal
    - Giving back to the community is encouraged
    - Management wants you to grow
    - Leadership is involved
    - Great communication

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "A Company with Integrity!"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

value their employees
    work/life balance
    paid insurance benefits
    profit share
    upper management is easy to access and they are approachable

Cons

none that I can think of

4. "So Thankful for CornerStone Stafinfg"

I have been working at CornerStone Staffing (TX) full-time

Pros

This company is more like a family than a place to work. Everyone is so sweet and caring. Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, baby announcements are all celebrated. Communication between offices and employees is good. Benefits are great! Opportunities to volunteer also available. Owners are very involved in the company and do a ton of charity work.

Cons

None come to mind at this time

Advice to Management

Perhaps CornerStone should have an HR department with an HR Manager dedicated to HR functions.

5. "CornerStone has your best interest at heart"

I have been working at CornerStone Staffing (TX) full-time

Pros

Whether you are a colleague, associate, temp, temp to hire, direct hire, or a client CornerStone always has your best interest at heart and will work hard to make sure you are satisfied.

Cons

There really is no disadvantage for associates to work with CornerStone.

6. "Done and Never Again"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at CornerStone Staffing (TX) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to work with great people, there are plenty of nice experiences with the employers. Paycheck every two weeks. You lose healthcare when you are not on assignment but then you get it when you are on assignment.

Cons

After my third assignment I requested to be sent out on an interview for a great position. A position that I had all the qualifications and experience for. When I phoned I was told the position was filled already and I continued working for a call center. A call center that was like the workplace where brain cells go to die. I accepted the assignment because I needed the job and I thought that working for a crap assignment would look good and lead to a better assignment. I later found out through Instagram posts that the position that I was perfect for went to a bridesmaid of one of the coordinators. The Bridesmaid of the coordinators did not have my experience and quit the assignment. So the blatant favoritism pissed me off to no end. I left my last assignment with the company and moved on.

Advice to Management

When a qualified person applies for a good salary position let them apply even if they are in the middle of an assignment. We know you get a bonus when an employee hits 90 days. I don't think it is fair to the employee. It is fair to the employee to be interviewed when it is painfully obvious that the current assignment is not a lasting one.

Mar 20, 2017 – Senior Operations Manager

I'm sorry you did not have a good experience with CornerStone Staffing. Once you accept a position with CornerStone Staffing, we require a 48 hour working notice if you decide to leave the... More

"Will not use this agency again"

Pros

The fact that it is a Christian company is nice, and they have a lot of 'low level' jobs available for those who need work quickly.

Cons

Being faith based did not change the bad attitude of the women that work at Cornerstone. The CEO was very nice, but that's about it. They treat you like you are a number, not a person. Always rushing you and ending your assignment with no notice, yet they want plenty of notice if you quit. They also keep a considerable amount of your pay for themselves. If you have a great resume and good work experience go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

To CEO and Directors of Operations - Be aware of how your mgt and representatives are talking about other mgt and employees behind their back and undermining them. It kills morale. Just because you put someone in a mgt position doesn't mean they don't need accountability, especially if they've been there a long time.

8. "Payment Processor"

Current Employee - Payment in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Payment in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at CornerStone Staffing (TX) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment to work in.

Cons

Irate customers can bring down morale.

"Horrible Staffing agency"

I worked at CornerStone Staffing (TX) part-time

Pros

Pay is every week, great companies use there services which allow employees various job experience. None other than that.

Cons

This staffing company, get great accounts, but won't give qualified applicants a chance, they have extremely high turnover, easy come easy go they hire and fire you for nothing, or anything valid, which is why there always advertising on Craigslist there hiring I wouldn't recommend this company, the managers were rude unprofessional and eager to terminate. That's why there always hiring

Advice to Management

Stop putting these catchy ads on Craigslist if your not going to give people a chance to experience work and explore the job.

Feb 21, 2017 – Senior Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback. CornerStone Staffing connects thousands of qualified candidates and customers every week. I don't know the details of your specific situation, but if you feel like you... More

10. "Electronics assembly"

I worked at CornerStone Staffing (TX) part-time

Pros

good working environment, Job search quickly

Cons

Without any problem, A little far from where I live