Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Marc Laird

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Cornerstone Home Lending is the best place I have ever worked" (in 21 reviews)

• "I have been with Cornerstone Home Lending as a loan officer for 10 years" (in 21 reviews)

Cons

1. "More than just a job!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Valdez, AK
    Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Valdez, AK

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At CHL you always have opportunity to learn more, take on more responsibility and learn. But they also offer great mentoring and team building. They are always willing to help each team member succeed.

Cons

It isn't a 9-5 kind of job, but what you are doing for your clients is helping them make their dreams a reality, so sometimes you have to put in a few extra hours. It's all work it in the end though!

Advice to Management

Maybe a little more access to trainings, hands on learning.

Jul 13, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback! We're so excited to hear you've benefited from our work-family environment and have found passion and purpose in the work that you do. Please know that we always continue... More

"Greatest place to work ever!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cornerstones leadership has provided us the care and tools to build our dream team. Never has any other company given us the support that they have. I am honored to work with such an amazing team! This company lives it's vision statement everyday.

Cons

I have worked with Cornerstone for six years now and cannot come up with anything negative.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working :)

Jul 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for the helpful feedback, and we encourage you to keep up your excellent work too! As a member of our work-family and "dream team," you're what keeps our company running strong -- and makes... More

"Senior Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cornerstone is a great company to work for! You really do feel like family. All team members are willing to help to get the job done and help our customers. The management team and marketing department are all very supportive and give us the tools we need to be successful and grow our business.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Jul 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

It's such a blessing to hear that you feel like part of the work-family we've worked so hard to create. We credit dedicated and talented team members like you for our company's growth and continued... More

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Yakima, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Yakima, WA

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Absolutely the best culture a person could work in with outstanding support and people.

Cons

I have none at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep providing a culture of caring.

5. "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Santa Teresa, NM
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Santa Teresa, NM

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cornerstone is all about Customer service, that offers a good experience through a timely and efficient closing for our clients. As an employee, it's about, TEAM, support, encouragement, work/life balance and opportunity. It's amazing!

Cons

The only downside I feel as an Team Member, is that I haven't had the opportunity to personally meet each and every fabulous person that I have had the pleasure to work with through a transaction. I wish we had an annual reunion of some sort. Even being a remote employee, it's never like being out of sight, out of mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!! You seem to always be looking for better, more efficient ways to do things and include the entire team as some of your visions become something that can be implemented. You always make work feel like home. The most amazing part is you leave it open for suggestions if any team member might have an idea to improve part of our process, or even if an issue were to ever arise, you are willing to discuss it openly and try to find a solution. This, to me, is what makes us all part of this Company's success. That is a wonderful feeling.

Jul 13, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

We really appreciate your comments! It's so encouraging to hear how you're upholding our company's core value: to transform individual lives through lending, benefiting all our team members and our... More

6. "processor"

Current Employee - Processor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Processor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

wish there was more training

Advice to Management

we have a great team

Jul 10, 2018 – President and COO

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We're so happy to hear you find Cornerstone to be a great place to work, and we sincerely thank you for your contributions. Helping our team members to grow is... More

7. "I love this place"

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has survived all the market downturns, maybe senior management can see the future?
    The underwriter's have a lot of trust and autonomy placed on them.
    Underwriting is separate from the branch, unlike most retail situations however we still need to build rapport (and reputation) with our assigned branch and our loan officers through excellent service.
    There are many resources available for the use of processors, underwriters, loan officers, and branch management. UWs also have a lead advisory team, who guide and correct us and handle all 2nd level reviews. They are excellent. And they have a stash of information about loan scenarios that they willingly share.

Cons

Been sitting here for a good 5 minutes thinking on it but I don't have any. The health care could be better but that's really not the companies fault.

Advice to Management

Thank you Marc & Julie for being ethical and forward thinking leaders.

8. "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility; Teamwork Environment; Great Morals and Work Ethics; Equal and Fair

Cons

Must be able to immediately prioritize time and tasks to meet deadlines

Advice to Management

Great job. Keep up the good work!

Jul 13, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your helpful feedback. We're happy to hear you're benefiting from the teamwork, work-life balance, and work ethic that characterizes our work-family. We appreciate your hard work and... More

9. "Production Assistant"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All companies have mission and vision statements, however many fall short and do not uphold these statements. Cornerstone Home Lending is a company that practices their mission and vision statements through their actions consistently. Marc and Judy have done a phenomenal job at creating an ethical culture where everyone uses their God given talents to make a difference in the lives of others. Honesty and Integrity are a integral part of CHL. You are also equipped with resources and knowledge to help serve your families. State of the art training, in-house processing and underwriting are all at your fingertips. Cornerstone Home Lending is one big family, you are provided and supported with everything you need to serve your families and partners and create a positive experience for them. My personal favorite pro is the positive energy I take home at the end of the day and get to share with my family and friends. CHL has not only helped me grow professionally but personally too!

Cons

Cannot think of any Cons!

Jul 16, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback! It's heartwarming to hear that you've seen our company's Core Values in action, supporting our team members and enabling us to better serve... More

10. "Fantastic Company!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter
    Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is such an amazing company to work for and I am grateful to be a part of the Cornerstone family! Everyone is incredibly positive and supportive of one another and I truly feel valued and appreciated every day. I couldn't ask for anything better!

Cons

No cons, this is an exceptional company!

Jul 16, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

We'd also like to thank you for your exceptional contributions to our company! It's because of hard-working team members like you who contribute to the greater good of our work-family that... More