KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2022

Found 425 of over 425 reviews

4.5
Cornerstone Home Lending Chairman & CEO Marc Laird (no image)
Marc Laird

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and able to work 100% remote(in 39 reviews)
  • "They want a happy Borrower, a happy Realtor, a happy Builder, and a happy team member.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Supportive management that creates an environment that encourages individual growth within the Cornerstone team and the community.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great people providing support to the LO's make it easy to get deals through to close.(in 21 reviews)
  • "everyone is always willing to step in to assist when people are out.(in 16 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cornerstone Home Lending and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

A nice place to conduct your life's work

May 16, 2022 - Officer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Supportive culture and strong mission 2. Sound financial condition and getting stronger 3. Adaptive opportunities with expansion plans 4. Good benefits and good rewards 5. Great technology

Cons

I wish there was more room for others. This is the sort of place a long career can be made.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Jun 27, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

good family environment, great flexibility

Cons

There is a lack of opportunity to grow and learn.

3. 4.0

Still enjoy working here

Jun 30, 2022 - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teachable environment and really good people Respect for others and their time Company is focused on keeping/ investng in their employees. Smart placement in the market & well positioned to survive a recession (While in the mortgage business! ) Full remote and hybrid schedules Company is fair on pay - Pays market value and will elevate pay when requested.

Cons

Need more engagement with the customer and delivery of software feature to be in production use. Need more of structure in which to make planes. Developing until a release date is hit, does not structure a big team of product and developers well enough to execute on a good user experience.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Great People, and a Management Team I Trust and Admire

May 10, 2022 - Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like that the management actually cares and knows what they are doing. It is a toough business, volume can spike and can go way down based on interest rates and the housing market. Management does all it can to keep as many as possible and to keep the best talent, so that we can suceed through the tough times. This keeps as many Cornerstone Families employed as possible. The Teams at Cornerstone Home Lending care for each other, the Families we serve, and the referral partners who trust us with their business. we give the best we have and it shows.

Cons

we were uding a subservicer to service our loans and that was not going great. The management team decided to bring it in house and have a dedicated team to make the servicing department first class. this makes me very happy. This was a con but this management listened to our concerns and are spennding the resources to turn a con into an amazing pro. This is what you hope for as a Team member.

5. 5.0

The very BEST Culture in the Business

May 12, 2022 - Licensed Client Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked in a number of other industries I can say without a doubt that Cornerstone has the very best culture and team members I have ever worked with. The hiring process is very selective to protect that culture and is coupled with an excellent regional training program and onboarding (at least in my experience with the Bomar Region). Our work is rewarding and Cornerstone goes above and beyond to celebrate both professional and personal milestones and truly makes each team member feel valued. Simply put, it is unlike anywhere else I have ever worked before and am fortunate to feel so valued and appreciated by our local branch, regional office and headquarters.

Cons

Benefits have continually improved, however health insurance costs remain somewhat high. Cornerstone has made every effort to keep from passing this cost along to team members, but rising health care costs certainty add up.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Elite Culture for Elite Employees

May 10, 2022 - Branch Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

In one word, culture! Whether you are in production or operations, entry level or senior management the level of camaraderie and unity permeates the entire organization. I know that may sound somewhat corny or cliche but working somewhere that EVERYONE is treated like family goes a long way, especially in the high stress world of mortgage lending. Cornerstone prides itself on seeking and selecting only the highest caliber people no matter the position and it is evident in the efficiency and productivity everyone achieves. Without forcing it on anyone, Cornerstone causes everyone to strive to be the best version of themselves both personally and professionally which I attribute to how Senior Management sees their roles as servant leaders and not bosses.

Cons

If you want to coast or slide by doing the minimum this is not the place to work!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love being part of the team!

May 17, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have different ways to teach you the system. Live training, via web, or logging into their virtual library filled with various trainings. They help motivate for you to move up from your position. They have monthly random rewards to appreciate employees. We were able to choose an end of the year gift. My management team is easy to speak with, they are understanding, and open to hear out ways to improve workflow (if needed).

Cons

Onboarding. I feel it could be better. Its nice to feel welcomed and wanted. When its all messy its as if no one was even expecting you so that could definitely improve. Perhaps it has since I first got hired though.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

May 18, 2022 - Government Endorsement Technician in Lynnwood, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hybrid role for in office/work from home. Flexibility with scheduling your LIFE! This is one of the biggest things that i love about this company. They understand that we are all human and want you to take care of yourself/stay healthy. Previous jobs it was like pulling teeth to go to the doctors/dentist. CHL just feels like a family. One last thing, i never felt like i was micromanaged, which also was huge for me. They trust that I will do my job because, I do and i will!

Cons

Busy season can be stressful because of the amount of workload but they are usually pretty good at balancing it out.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 13, 2022 - Loan Officer Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a base salary and after a few months some loan officers offer a commission incentive.

Cons

There are not too many cons other than the income at first is a little low compared to other jobs I’ve held in the past but if you don’t have experience and want to get started in loan processing or being a loan officer it’s a good entry level position

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Laid-Off

Apr 18, 2022 - Mortgage Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great boss, great work-life balance. Loved working with my team.

Cons

I was pulled from a previous company by Cornerstone and was enticed with a great salary to help out during the pandemic. Work was going slow for us, and I was laid off and couldn’t log into my system within 2 hours. It was extremely short notice. Now I am filing for unemployment and our severance package wasn’t that great at all. I had a ton of unused sick time (I never called in) and I couldn’t cash out on it for the severance package. Now I’m scrambling to find employment, and the company is releasing PR news that they are doing in-house servicing and we always got emails on how our company is much better than better.com who recently laid people off as well. I wish the company would have tried to either cut my pay or relocate me to a different department instead of leaving me on a job hunt.

2 people found this review helpful

Cornerstone Home Lending Response

CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your feedback. Our recruiting team is set-up to help any displaced employees find employment either within the CHL network of companies or externally. Please connect with Todd Sanguras at tsanguras@houseloan.com for support.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 425 Reviews

Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews FAQs

Cornerstone Home Lending has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 425 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Cornerstone Home Lending to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cornerstone Home Lending employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cornerstone Home Lending. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

89% of Cornerstone Home Lending employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cornerstone Home Lending 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cornerstone Home Lending to be senior leadership, career development, management and the cons to be workplace, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Cornerstone Home Lending Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Cornerstone Home Lending? Share Your Experiences

Cornerstone Home Lending Careers

Cover image for Cornerstone Home Lending

At Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc., you will find a cohesive team of caring, seasoned professionals who are passionately dedicated to making...More

• Join Our Team
  • Loan Officers
  • Info Technology

Company Updates

21 days ago

Culture
We believe happiness is an inside job. So, when we knew it was time to refresh our brand we did some soul searching. We looked deep within our continuing legacy, we listened to our inner “Judy Belanger” and remembered her words: “Party on dude!” and “Let’s build a fun, happy workplace!” Our team fosters and creates happiness, and that positivity impacts everyone we touch. We have a rare and beautiful culture and we want to share it with the world. So what do we do? We make our branding, our look, our feel — HAPPY! From happy team members to making partners happy and getting clients happily home — the way it should be — our new voice and visuals embody happiness. Cool, calming blues. Light, airy feels. Cheerful, upbeat photos and images. We believe being happy never goes out of style and we look forward to all the happiness this new branding will bring team members, clients and partners alike.
Shared image

38 days ago

Community
This Memorial Day we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country and to their families. Wishing you and your family a safe weekend as we remember those who gave it all. “How important it is for us to recognize our heroes and she-roes.” – Maya Angelou
Shared image

Cornerstone Home Lending Photos

+ Add Photo
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: CEO Marc Laird at a Top Producer trip
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Team Members after a volleyball tournament during the President's Club Trip
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Top Producer Trip team members singing karaoke
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Team Member appreciation party