Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My Work Home"

Current Employee - Ops Support in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Ops Support in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Cornerstone for just over a year and so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have worked in a couple different departments and appreciate the opportunity to be exposed to different areas of the company. It is good to know there are other opportunities are available to me. When one area is slow, there's always another moving at a more challenging pace. It gives me the opportunity to reveal my ability to be flexible. I appreciate that the leaders of the company are not afraid to give God the Glory for the company's success and ability to weather the tough storms that come and go. May God continue to shower his best blessings upon Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.

Cons

Thankfully, I have not been exposed to anything that I feel would be worth reporting.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow God to guide your steps, your tongue and your actions. The cornerstone has been placed, together may we continue to build from it.

Nov 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thanks for being such an important part of our work-family! It sounds like you're embracing Cornerstone's mission statement -- to transform individual lives through lending -- and have made a major... More

2. "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cornerstone Home Lending is a fantastic place to work. The company is very teamwork oriented and provide lots of support. Management and all support staff are committed to your success. The work place is very positive and upbeat. I also appreciate the flexibility of being able to work both remotely and in the office. The company supports a balanced work/ home life

Cons

I have not encountered any downsides to working at Cornerstone

Advice to Management

I appreciate that your core convictions and mission statement are truly carried out in how you manage the company. I am proud to be a part of the Cornerstone family.

Nov 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

We really appreciate your heartfelt comments! It's because of team members like you -- those who lead with a servant's heart and invest in our work-family -- that Cornerstone is growing with each... More

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cornerstone offers autonomy if that works for you as well as an extensive network of support, in-house underwriting and innovative closing experiences for clients. It has a great team atmosphere, and everyone is sincerely helpful and available.

Cons

none really - great work environment

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Nov 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It sounds like you've embraced what Cornerstone is all about: improving the lives of our team members so we can give a better experience to our borrowers. We... More

4. "Happy to be part of the Cornerstone family."

Current Employee - Web Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great work and life balance.

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Give the proper value to loyal and talented team members that would like to make a difference. Open more development channels and promote advancement and growth.

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Closer/Funder
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Closer/Funder

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company that truly cares for their employees. They go above and beyond to show you are more that just a number. From great benefits to little things like emails on birthdays, this is a place you will feel valued!

Cons

I have not been able to find any !!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

6. "A Wonderful Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in California, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in California, MD

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is working towards the same goal. It really feels like it is a team effort on every loan I work on. The borrowers are a priority and treated with the upmost respect. It’s always a great day in the mortgage business working here. They have created an amazing culture. Constantly updating products and training on all things new. Love my job here and love the support I get from top to bottom.

Cons

If there are any I have yet to notice.

Advice to Management

What you have done works. Constantly reinvesting in the culture of the company and keeping everyone on their toes.

7. "Loan Officer Career"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly believe this has been the best company I have worked for. The camaraderie with my coworkers is great! I did not come from a mortgage background but was given and the support and tools necessary to excel in this field.

I have been with the company for two years now and look forward to many more. My supervisors have gone above and beyond assisting with my success.

Cons

The mortgage world can be stressful but that is just par for any other mortgage company.

Advice to Management

I believe the direction we are going is great.

8. "Relax and yet productive environment"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a Database Administrator I have worked for multiple companies for last 16 years . Because of the nature of my profession, my tasks has dependencies to other team members and support from the management. This dependency is critical to my success and providing high level of service. At the Cornerstone Home Lending, I work with the best team of professionals and above that great support from not only my manager, but all other managers in the company. My work and result of my work means a lot to me and I feel very fulfilled an positive. The environment is laidback, and yet very active to complete tasks on hand. All these has made a positive impact to the quality of my life. I am blessed to be part of the Cornerstone company for six years and looking forward for many more years.

Cons

Sometimes decisions are made in a slower pace. I have full confidence in the management, but sometimes it can make a better result when timing is considered.

Advice to Management

Our business provides services to several hundreds of families everyday to buy their home. This is a important service for growth of our economy at national level. My only advice is, the company grows faster so it can provide this service to a larger population.

9. "Great place to be."

Current Employee - Respa Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Respa Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company now for about 6 years and I still love it! The company as a whole is a great place to work and connect with some great people. They really put great emphasis on the employees work-life balance. Thru personal challenges, I have been able to work from home as needed, which has been a godsend for me. I truly feel that upper management really cares about my well-being and that of my family. It's a great environment where your ideas and contributions are recognized.

Cons

I would have to really stretch to find something I didn't like about Cornerstone. Things are always evolving in the Mortgage world and so for that we learn to adapt.

Advice to Management

My particular job doesn't offer much for vertical growth so, my only advise for management would be to find a way to promote from within for those employees that may want to step out on faith. Someone may not have the experience but with the right attitude, temperament and willingness to learn..they may be a great fit!

10. "IT Technologist"

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time

Pros

As an IT Technologist, what I value the most here is how the company is fully committed to gain further traction via Technology innovations. Furthermore, the owners and the leadership team have established a family culture based on compassion and respect throughout the entire company regardless of your position. The owners have many times demonstrated the latter through series of class act gestures. That level of engagement is more often than not unparalleled.

Cons

I wish 401K matching was a bit better or the base pay to cover the differentials.
    No bonus options.