Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2021

4.7
Cornerstone Home Lending Chairman & CEO Marc Laird (no image)
Marc Laird
Pros
  • "Cornerstone Home Lending is by far the best company I have ever worked for(in 26 reviews)

• "This company does more for it's team members than any other company that I know of(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "I don't feel that there are any downsides being a team member and a part of the Cornerstone Home Lending family(in 10 reviews)

• "Industry pace is very fast - not specific to Cornerstone Home Lending(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Best Company and Director I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Strong, supportive culture - Communication is respectful - My direct Supervisor actually cares about my family and my well-being and knows me personally. - High standard and expectations but work life balance and being there for your family is included in those expectations - Everyone works hard with an optimistic, positive attitude - Attitude determines Altitude - Kind CEO that leads by example

Cons

- Cornerstone is very selective in who they hire. Great for the company, and more difficult as a recruiter. :) - Could have better benefits/401 but I heard they are improving it this year.

January 11, 2021CHL Leadership Team

We appreciate your feedback! And you’re right -- we have high standards for the top talent we recruit, taking into account that each potential team member may soon become a valuable member of our work-family. This is one reason we’ve been able to maintain such a strong and successful foundation amidst many industry downturns, and through a record-breaking year amidst the pandemic. These high levels of productivity wouldn’t be possible without the talent and hard work of team members like you.

2. "Cornerstone Continues to Exceed Expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for less than a year

Pros

How Cornerstone cares for our team members, communities, and the families that we serve, is truly inspiring. It is an incredible feeling to be able to be so proud of the organization that I'm a part of.

Cons

A higher 401(k) match would be desirable.

Continue reading

3. "Couldn't ask for more!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, leadership, processes, pay, team work, loyalty....honestly all of it. From the top down this company is a well-oiled machine and while we work hard at Cornerstone, it doesn't feel like WORK. It feels like something bigger than us that we are blessed to be a part of.

Cons

That I didn't start working here sooner.

January 11, 2021CHL Leadership Team

We’re thankful for your comments! You’ve touched on the “recipe for our success” – our company’s Core Conviction of putting people first, treating team members like family and borrowers like people and not like a number. From the bottom of our hearts, we’re truly grateful that you’re here, bringing your passion and integrity, so we can all work together to make mortgage more meaningful.

4. "Gathered documents for the loan modification process which"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in California, MD

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time

Pros

Created document checklists according to the type of modification consideration; responded appropriately to internal or other 3rd party inquiries.

Cons

Accomplished Optimization of Business Process Flow resulting in measurable increase of successful loan applications by 50%.

January 4, 2021CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your valuable service! We truly appreciate your attention to detail and many contributions in what has become a record-breaking year in our industry. Please know that we’re continuing to look for new ways to invest in our team members, recognize your individual achievements, and strengthen our company from within.

5. "Cornerstone Home Lending"

4.0
    Former Employee - Transaction Coordinator in College Station, TX

I worked at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance, 401k, great work atmosphere, continuing education

Cons

Hard to move up, raises aren’t common and corporate doesn’t allow OT

January 18, 2021CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your comments and for your time at Cornerstone! We’re so glad to hear that you benefited from our work-family environment, where we aim to give our team members the support they need to succeed and to make their lives easier. We also aim to promote from within wherever possible; recognizing our talent and rewarding their contributions is another way we strengthen our company from within.

6. "Yes"

4.0
    Former Employee - Loan Scenario in Houston, TX

I worked at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time

Pros

Good work life balance balance

Cons

Department closed, should have stayed open

January 11, 2021CHL Leadership Team

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! We’re so happy to hear you’ve found work-life balance at Cornerstone. That’s one of our primary goals -- to invest in our team members by giving you the technology and personal and professional support you need to excel at what you do, while also making your job easier. All the best to you.

7. "None"

Former Employee - Underwriting Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work with.

Cons

Heavy work load. But good working environment

January 4, 2021CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your comments! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Cornerstone and felt supported by our work-family. This year was one with unprecedented loan volume, and we sincerely thank you and all our talented team members for all your hard work that helps us continue to fulfill our company’s vision -- making dreams of homeownership come true.

8. "Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management cares about their employees; For a sales oriented company, they make sure sales staff has every resource available; Clients of this company can be assured they are in the best hands possible.

Cons

If anything, their 401(k) plan is not on a par with the competition.

December 16, 2020CHL Leadership Team

We’re thankful for your comments! It’s great to hear how you’ve benefited from our top-down leadership model – where our management leads with a servant’s heart. We also work hard to invest in the resources you need to make your job easier, and we continue to look for new ways to improve our benefits and give our team members exceptional care.

9. "Phenomenal Career Partner"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely receptive management team, unmatched sense of family, extremely focused business plan including all training and tools necessary to succeed

Cons

I have found no cons working with Cornerstone

December 21, 2020CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your comments! We’re truly blessed to have such talented, dedicated, and committed team members as you. Please know that we strive to recognize each team member for all their valuable contributions. We’re also continuing to invest in new technologies that will lighten your load and make connecting remotely with our borrowers even easier.

10. "Best Employer I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We are truly cared for by our owners. They are happy to share their good fortune with employees and are do lots of little things during the year to make us feel appreciated.

Cons

Not many come to mind. I've been here over 6 years and many, many employees have been here more than 10.

December 16, 2020CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for your valuable service! As you mentioned, the average tenure of our team members far exceeds the industry average. We’ve worked hard for over three decades to create an inclusive, warm, and welcoming work-family, one which we hope you’ll stay a part of for years to come.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 330 English Reviews