Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My Work Home"

Current Employee - Ops Support in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Ops Support in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Cornerstone for just over a year and so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have worked in a couple different departments and appreciate the opportunity to be exposed to different areas of the company. It is good to know there are other opportunities are available to me. When one area is slow, there's always another moving at a more challenging pace. It gives me the opportunity to reveal my ability to be flexible. I appreciate that the leaders of the company are not afraid to give God the Glory for the company's success and ability to weather the tough storms that come and go. May God continue to shower his best blessings upon Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.

Cons

Thankfully, I have not been exposed to anything that I feel would be worth reporting.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow God to guide your steps, your tongue and your actions. The cornerstone has been placed, together may we continue to build from it.

Nov 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thanks for being such an important part of our work-family! It sounds like you're embracing Cornerstone's mission statement -- to transform individual lives through lending -- and have made a major... More

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cornerstone offers autonomy if that works for you as well as an extensive network of support, in-house underwriting and innovative closing experiences for clients. It has a great team atmosphere, and everyone is sincerely helpful and available.

Cons

none really - great work environment

Advice to Management

keep it up!

Nov 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It sounds like you've embraced what Cornerstone is all about: improving the lives of our team members so we can give a better experience to our borrowers. We... More

3. "Happy to be part of the Cornerstone family."

Current Employee - Web Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great work and life balance.

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Give the proper value to loyal and talented team members that would like to make a difference. Open more development channels and promote advancement and growth.

4. "Underwriter"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cornerstone Home Lending is a fantastic place to work. The company is very teamwork oriented and provide lots of support. Management and all support staff are committed to your success. The work place is very positive and upbeat. I also appreciate the flexibility of being able to work both remotely and in the office. The company supports a balanced work/ home life

Cons

I have not encountered any downsides to working at Cornerstone

Advice to Management

I appreciate that your core convictions and mission statement are truly carried out in how you manage the company. I am proud to be a part of the Cornerstone family.

Nov 9, 2018 – CHL Leadership Team

We really appreciate your heartfelt comments! It's because of team members like you -- those who lead with a servant's heart and invest in our work-family -- that Cornerstone is growing with each... More

5. "Great place to be."

Current Employee - Respa Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Respa Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company now for about 6 years and I still love it! The company as a whole is a great place to work and connect with some great people. They really put great emphasis on the employees work-life balance. Thru personal challenges, I have been able to work from home as needed, which has been a godsend for me. I truly feel that upper management really cares about my well-being and that of my family. It's a great environment where your ideas and contributions are recognized.

Cons

I would have to really stretch to find something I didn't like about Cornerstone. Things are always evolving in the Mortgage world and so for that we learn to adapt.

Advice to Management

My particular job doesn't offer much for vertical growth so, my only advise for management would be to find a way to promote from within for those employees that may want to step out on faith. Someone may not have the experience but with the right attitude, temperament and willingness to learn..they may be a great fit!

6. "I finally found my happy place!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in the mortgage business for almost 20 years and I have never been happier in my career. Cornerstone team members genuinely care about and support each other through good and bad. Everyone works together to get loans to closing on time and to exceed the borrower's expectations. I have never worked for a company where ops and sales worked so well together... there are literally no egos at Cornerstone. I finally found my happy place!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Cornerstone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and stay transparent!

7. "IT Technologist"

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time

Pros

As an IT Technologist, what I value the most here is how the company is fully committed to gain further traction via Technology innovations. Furthermore, the owners and the leadership team have established a family culture based on compassion and respect throughout the entire company regardless of your position. The owners have many times demonstrated the latter through series of class act gestures. That level of engagement is more often than not unparalleled.

Cons

I wish 401K matching was a bit better or the base pay to cover the differentials.
    No bonus options.

8. "A Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Appraisal Coordinator Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Appraisal Coordinator Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about it's employees

Cons

I do not have any cons.

9. "Closer"

Current Employee - Loan Closer in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Loan Closer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares about it's employees! I have been with Cornerstone for over 2 years now and it is amazing the culture they have here, people actually love coming to work here everyday. I love coming to work everyday! Management is always very responsive when you reach out to them, even the CEO of the company! He never send automated "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" emails he actually sits down to do them and if you respond and say something or ask something he always responds promptly! I find that amazing at a company this size. They also truly care about the quality of service given to the families we work with, we go above and beyond to never miss closings.

Cons

I have no complaints honestly.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

10. "Our family at Cornerstone Home Lending"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Farmington, NM

I have been working at Cornerstone Home Lending full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are a family at CHL. We're not made to feel like just another employee. We are a team! We have so many resources and helpdesks to help out in what ever situation may arise. As a team member, I always feel appreciated. We even get a personal hand written card for our birthdays and CHL anniversary from the CEO.

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!