KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

90% Recommend to a Friend
97% Approve of CEO

Found 432 of over 432 reviews

4.4
Cornerstone Home Lending Chairman & CEO Marc Laird (no image)
Marc Laird

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is decent, but depending on your title, not enough for the amount of stress the job entails.(in 8 reviews)
  • "They require you to commute to the office, however, they hired direct senior managers in which that did not apply.(in 5 reviews)
  • "no bonus structure/incentives(in 3 reviews)
  • "Something I foolishly believed could be okay but was swiftly brought back to reality when I witnessed the favoritism first hand.(in 3 reviews)
  • "That was a total shocker as I have time off scheduled and I'm essentially borrowing next year's time at this point.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cornerstone Home Lending and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

A nice place to conduct your life's work

May 16, 2022 - Officer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Supportive culture and strong mission 2. Sound financial condition and getting stronger 3. Adaptive opportunities with expansion plans 4. Good benefits and good rewards 5. Great technology

Cons

I wish there was more room for others. This is the sort of place a long career can be made.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Aug 9, 2022 - Loan Officer in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a family friendly place to work, absolute dream. The support is amazing.

Cons

No cons at this time.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jul 12, 2022 - Sr mortgage underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family atmosphere; Team work was awesome; LOS was easy to learn; Excellent written guidelines

Cons

Not really any cons from me

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Location takes priortiy

Jul 19, 2022 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allowed you to build your team and grow within the sales area.

Cons

There isn't much communication or involvement with Upper management and supporting branches.

5. 4.0

Great atmosphere

Jul 17, 2022 - Front End Developer in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team support, responsive, family feel.

Cons

Small teams, lots of back and forth between teams instead of getting to the root of an issue

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Decent workplace, not super loyal to longtime employees

Jul 13, 2022 - Client Experience Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Immediate and competitive benefits/insurance Fancy offices and equipment Lots of team outings

Cons

No yearly evaluations or regular raises, no matter how long you have been employed. Pay is not very competitive HR issues not handled very professionally

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Jun 27, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

good family environment, great flexibility

Cons

There is a lack of opportunity to grow and learn.

Continue reading
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work - Needs Improvement in Pay

Jul 6, 2022 - Mortgage Closing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere and coworkers at CHL are great. They really do value work/life balance.

Cons

The pay is fairly low compared to the rest of the mortgage industry. Not letting employees work remote with high gas prices, when they have no clients that come in.

Cornerstone Home Lending Response

CHL Leadership Team

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are happy you benefit from the work-life balance we hold so dear at Cornerstone. All of your feedback is important to us and will be shared with our leadership team.

9. 4.0

Great place to work

Jul 5, 2022 - Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well run- great resources and training. They provide a lot of support and make it easy to do your job.

Cons

none that I've seen. Its a tough market right now, so I'm sure there will be downsizing.

Continue reading
  10. 5.0

Loan Officer

Jun 16, 2022 - Loan Officer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, managers and benefits

Cons

None great place to work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 432 Reviews
</>Embed

Cornerstone Home Lending Reviews FAQs

Cornerstone Home Lending has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 432 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Cornerstone Home Lending to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cornerstone Home Lending employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cornerstone Home Lending. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

90% of Cornerstone Home Lending employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cornerstone Home Lending 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cornerstone Home Lending to be senior leadership, career development, management and the cons to be workplace, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Cornerstone Home Lending Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Cornerstone Home Lending? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

61 days ago

Culture
We believe happiness is an inside job. So, when we knew it was time to refresh our brand we did some soul searching. We looked deep within our continuing legacy, we listened to our inner “Judy Belanger” and remembered her words: “Party on dude!” and “Let’s build a fun, happy workplace!” Our team fosters and creates happiness, and that positivity impacts everyone we touch. We have a rare and beautiful culture and we want to share it with the world. So what do we do? We make our branding, our look, our feel — HAPPY! From happy team members to making partners happy and getting clients happily home — the way it should be — our new voice and visuals embody happiness. Cool, calming blues. Light, airy feels. Cheerful, upbeat photos and images. We believe being happy never goes out of style and we look forward to all the happiness this new branding will bring team members, clients and partners alike.
Shared image

78 days ago

Community
This Memorial Day we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country and to their families. Wishing you and your family a safe weekend as we remember those who gave it all. “How important it is for us to recognize our heroes and she-roes.” – Maya Angelou
Shared image

Cornerstone Home Lending Photos

+ Add Photo
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: CEO Marc Laird at a Top Producer trip
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Team Members after a volleyball tournament during the President's Club Trip
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Top Producer Trip team members singing karaoke
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Team Member appreciation party
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Houston team members
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Oklahoma, California, and Arkansas team members in Texas for a regional retreat
Cornerstone Home Lending photo of: Team members having a great time at a Top Producer Trip

Glassdoor has 432 Cornerstone Home Lending reviews submitted anonymously by Cornerstone Home Lending employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Cornerstone Home Lending is right for you.