Cornerstone Hospice Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 29 reviews

3.9
Cornerstone Hospice CEO Chuck Lee
Chuck Lee

"What we do really matters"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really focused on doing the ethically right thing, no matter how much effort or money it takes. Respect for each other and patients/families. Willingness to listen and try new ideas. Lots of internal promotions.

Cons

Constant changes, like anywhere in healthcare.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on developing and appreciating the staff

Cornerstone Hospice2019-04-04
  2. "Amazing company! Field staff and up to the CEO are great."

Current Employee - Management in Tavares, FL

I have been working at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Laying down at night knowing you provided extraordinary care to patients and families in need. Staff are heard and treated with respect.

Cons

There are no cons to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Cornerstone Hospice2019-03-31
  3. "The positive reviews you see here are plants to deceive perspective employees."

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Tavares, FL

I worked at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than a year

Pros

The patients and some great co-workers.

Cons

Absolute chaos. Patients do not get what they need including adequate pain control. Front line staff are unhappy and afraid.

Advice to Management

I know you all love money above all things and your power, but this is hospice. Have some mercy and dignity.

Cornerstone Hospice2019-04-01

"Pretty good company"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (Licensed Practical Nurse) in Winter Haven, FL

I worked at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*1:1 Nurse/patient ratio when caring for Actively Dying patients (increases quality of care) *Good Pay And Mileage reimbursements *Smaller company, management tangible. *Company goes above and beyond to help patients. *Managers try to recognize employees for hard work

Cons

-*Hours can be cut short without reimbursement if patients dies during shift... *Staff mostly works in the “field” alone. Can feel disconnected from the Company as a whole..

Advice to Management

Don’t lose the “family feel” and moral of the company in pursuit of regional expansion.

Cornerstone Hospice2019-02-03
  5. "Rn"

PRN in The Villages, FL

I worked at Cornerstone Hospice

Pros

Professional people clean facility decent pay

Cons

Full time employee rate lowers more then average from prn pay

Advice to Management

N/a

Cornerstone Hospice2018-09-13

"PC LanDesk Technician"

Current Employee - PC LanDesk Tech in Tavares, FL

I have been working at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers show care and concern for your well being mentally and physically. Good learning experience. I came from a dead end job and jumped in to this. the list can go on forever.

Cons

lots of turnovers typical of a growing company. No longer feels like a place to learn new things as it is required to "know" before the situation presents itself.

Advice to Management

Don't get easily offended.

Cornerstone Hospice2018-07-21
  7. "Lpn Supportive Care"

I worked at Cornerstone Hospice full-time

Pros

Great co workers & patients.

Cons

Having to use ALL of your PTO to cover the hours missing on your check since they never have enough cases and you get called off. However, they just kept hiring more nurses when they didn’t have enough work for the ones they had.

Advice to Management

Help to find employees ways to make up hours when cases are low. Cross train. Let LPNs move up in the company. You use them for other positions when it suits you then don’t utilize them when there is no work. If only you cared about your employees as much as they care about their patients.

Cornerstone Hospice2018-07-25

"Lack of nursing support and clear direction. All management except for frontline supervisors are NON MEDICAL"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Chuck Lee the CEO tries hard to do what’s best for the company Office staff very welcoming Good benefits/should not have to use your PTO time for the paid holidays benefit if you want the holiday off

Cons

There are too many non medical leaders. They have no idea what patient care is and don’t know enough to respond appropriately when issues that could put the company in a liability situation are brought to their attention.. and there are quite a few SERIOUS issues not being addressed. the Nursing Dept is without true leadership. This company has NO Director of NURSING! The executive directors hide in their offices... and give no support to the Nurse Managers nor do they give them a proper orientation and training when they hire new.

Advice to Management

Hire a CHIEF NURSING OFFICER for all campuses. Be sure they have HOSPICE experience and lots of NURSING experience at the bedside. Have them Report directly to the CEO. Have all Nurse Managers report directly to the CNO. LET THE CNO DO AN ALL CAMPUS EVALUATION VIA FRONTLINE EMPLOYEE INTERVIEWS....shadowing the Nurse Managers....and looking into the Supportive Care and HOSPICE HOUSE Directors and their shady... leadership......ie: how narcotics are disposed of and lack of training for SCN’s who sit at the bedside in our PT homes for 12 hr shifts with little to no hospice experience. Look into new protocol making the case managers that are already overworked and underpaid being made to sit and do bedside care until an SCN is found.

Cornerstone Hospice2018-02-20

Cornerstone Hospice Response

July 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Cornerstone has an open door policy to address issues of any kind during employment. Employee satisfaction is a priority, so we strive every day to promote a culture of transparency, openness and respect. Staff are provided with options for sharing their ...

"Serious Concerns with Knowledge of Leadership and Their Integrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL

I worked at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity to provide care to patients and families while working with dedicated and team oriented co-workers.

Cons

Very poor leadership. Upper management clearly presents a lack of integrity and understanding of what hospice should be. Lower management tells employees that despite unethical and sometimes insane directives, failure to follow through could result in being fired.

Advice to Management

The way that management abuses Medicare is a perfect example of what is wrong with the system.

Cornerstone Hospice2018-02-24

Cornerstone Hospice Response

March 7, 2018

We are sorry that you had a negative experience. Cornerstone has an open door policy to address issues of any kind during employment. We take pride in the integrity of clinical decision-making and train all employees to advocate for patients. Cornerstone is committed to taking all ...

10. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tavares, FL

I have been working at Cornerstone Hospice full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy my co-workers, provding quality care to patients at end of life. Generous PTO and benefit package.

Cons

There are none I can think of. I enjoy the work I do and working for Cornerstone.

Cornerstone Hospice2018-01-25