Corporate Brokers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Shane Ireland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "I don't have anything negative to say about this company even thought I am unemployed because it's not their fault" (in 4 reviews)

• "As a contractor or temp-to-hire, there are no benefits until after a certain number of consecutive employment dates" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Organization"

I have been working at Corporate Brokers full-time

Pros

-Growth is only limited by your level of commitment and dedication
    -Team is extremely welcoming and makes you feel like a part of the family from day 1
    -Leadership is invested in your success
    -Culture fit is extremely important to the organization
    -Open door policy
    -Management wants to have a dialog with you, during meetings there is almost always a time when anyone can voice questions and concerns and know that their opinion matters, once decision has been made it is expected that everyone be on board and working together towards the same goal
    -Monthly company wide conference call to make sure that everyone is informed of major decisions and initiatives
    -C-suite is approachable and they want to get to know you

Perks:
    -Monday morning bagels
    -Friday in office happy hour
    -Casual Friday when goals are met
    -After work happy hours with the team
    -Company car (Audi) for sales team when goals are hit
    -Your coworkers will quickly become your close friends
    -1-4 years at CB= 17 days PTO, 5-10 years= 22 days PTO, 10+ years= 26 days PTO (and yes they actually want you to use those days)
    -Weekly pay

Cons

This is not the place for someone who just wants to do the bare minimum. Know that if you put in the effort and show that you are committed to the organization and the team you will find success and growth.

"Contractor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paid on a weekly basis.

Cons

Benefits were costly and no 401K match.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

I'm sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We take feedback seriously and are constantly working to improve in any way we can so we appreciate the input and will be working... More

3. "Decent Recruiting Firm"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff are friendly, responsive, and helpful. They definitely did a better job than most of keeping me in the loop as the interviewing progressed. In general they seemed pretty upfront about things.

Cons

The company that they get their benefits through was oddly pushy. (However, when I informed my recruiter about this, they immediately took care of it.)

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad that we were able to take care of any problems that you had. If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us! Our commitment to... More

"Professional, Friendly, and Responsive!"

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time

Pros

I have been working with Dan at Corporate Brokers for a while and I really enjoyed it. Dan is professional, caring, and always puts my interests/benefits first and works hard on it. I especially like him about explaining things clearly, keeping the processes transparent, and making sure I understand the situations. He is very open and ready to discuss anything related to my work. Overall it's a wonderful experience and I highly recommend Corporate Brokers. Keep it up!

Cons

I don't know, can't complain.

Sep 14, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

We are so excited to hear that you enjoy working with us and that we have exceeded your expectations! We wish you the best of luck!

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Corporate Brokers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate Brokers cares about their employees, they don't just want to help you make a lot of money - but the leadership here truly cares about each individuals personal development. Inspiring others and pushing others to strive to do and be better is a common activity in the office. Corporate Brokers values a healthy work environment, transparency, and doing whatever it takes to set the employees up for success -

Cons

Cost of health benefits are not ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The constant push and striving to be a better company than we are the day before - is empowering to the right employees.

"Recruiter - Use It As a Stepping Stone, Then Get Out"

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time

Pros

Base salary. -- on the Premier side, one of the industry's highest base salaries. (Asphire side, not so much)
    Free breakfast on Mondays (when/if they want to provide it)
    Friday shutdown early (Happy Hour) to drink and mingle in the office - relationship building
    Lunch is one precious hour that you need for your mental health
    Commissions, if applicable
    Yearly contest vacation if you work hard enough to go
    There's opportunity for growth quickly - very good promotion preparedness and opportunities

Great stepping stone to learn the fundamentals of recruiting and then take it to a better organization.

Cons

WORK. LIFE. BALANCE. --- 50+ hour work weeks (don't ignore the + because you WILL be creatively told to come in on Saturday if the business needs it) You'll burnout working so hard.

This place is a zoo. There is limited structure and if you're not a favorite of the higher ups, good luck. There aren't many diverse hires here. That's not a coincidence.

You're expected to talk about your personal life, but they really don't want to hear it. But if you're one of those people that comes to work just to do your job and not tell them about your personal life, they'll say you aren't transparent and don't want anyone to get to know you.

Everyone talks behind each other's back and snitches like children do. It's not even like high school all over again; it's more like elementary school. Ridiculous.

They treat operations like crap. Only sales people and premier recruiters get treated with some type of respect here.

Benefits are expensive and they are deducted WEEKLY.

People probably don't even realize how miserable they are here until they leave/get fired...

Advice to Management

Get some organizational structure and formal training for everyone in each role. The freedoms in place are too much for the quality professionals you seek to grow the organization. It's an unprofessional work environment, clean it up and you'll probably see better results.

7. "Watch Your Back Here.."

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time

Pros

- weekly pay
    - 17 days PTO (start accruing as soon as you start)
    - happy hour in the office every Friday (not sure if this still happens)
    -free breakfast on Mondays (which they stopped before I left)
    - annual sales meeting where you meet everyone from the Tampa office and stay in a hotel, eat, and drink for free

Cons

- management doesn't care about operations
    - pay rate is way below average for the area
    - major lack of diversity
    - racism towards people of color (racist comments about hair)
    - give your opinion or say something management doesn't like and you're fired or questioned if you want your job

Advice to Management

It is not ironic that 4 employees in operations left the company within a 2 month span.

"Class organization all the way"

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time

Pros

I worked for Corporate Brokers for a short time. I left a large IT firm where I had been working for 8 years and was looking to make a change. The client and I had some serious cultural clashes ( refused Iterative / Agile completely no matter what the application or project) so I wasn't able to make it work (and didn't want to). But Corporate Brokers supported me all the way. I really appreciate that. Great benefits for a firm of this size. Just a class act all the way around.

Cons

Can't think of any. Sometimes clients are just wacked. What can you do.

Advice to Management

Keep it up especially the personal touch and warmth!

9. "Very good. Nice people. Great customers"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mendota, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mendota, MN

I worked at Corporate Brokers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good training but took many self made mangers who in good faith try to manage you with different style. Gets confusing and frustrating.

Cons

Hard to manage a team in Minnesota if there are issues because they are not there to assist and don't have close personal relationship's with management and especially personnel. They need a go between steward in house to handle touchy issues. When I had a problem with management style I didn't have anyone at Corporate Brokers to time too. It's was my favorite job but I didn't get any support. I'd love to go back but I don't know how or who to talk too. It's very sad.

"Really nice people on the other end of the phone"

Current Employee - Install Representative for Client in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Install Representative for Client in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Corporate Brokers (Less than a year)

Pros

Alyssa B. Recruited me and she always made herself available to answer any questions I had and made sure I fully understood how the contract position worked. She called me when she saw my resume online and from the start was very kind and great to work with. Very conversational. She even sent a card when I told her I would be away for a few days for a funeral.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.