Corporate Payroll Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 8, 2018

2.9
Joseph Beverly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "growing fast and great for entry level"

I have been working at Corporate Payroll Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company is growing fast
    lots of entrylevel jobs also

Cons

very fastpace and strict
    everyone moves very fast

"Lots of Potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Corporate Payroll Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very supportive, genuine, and caring managers. They were always supportive and offered ideas and suggestions during stressful times. Great communicators.
    -My coworkers were AWESOME! Always willing to go out of their way to help others in the department. We all worked well together.
    -Flexible. Fair approvals of PTO, flexibility to attend doctor appointments, etc.

Cons

-Lack of technology and innovative systems; everything is done manually using Excel spreadsheets.
    -"Traditional" company; very difficult to implement new processes, procedures, and cultural improvements that are attractive to millennial's.
    -Lack of integrity

Advice to Management

-Listen to your employees. Exceptional managers, a positive working environment, and employee morale will help retain great employees.
    - Improve training resources, implement performance management, improve internal communication, and show that you value employees.
    -Embrace change.

Aug 15, 2018 – Controller

From our President, Joe Beverly:

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We agree that we have awesome employees and supportive managers. With our staff of dedicated programmers and IT support... More

"Customer service"

I worked at Corporate Payroll Services full-time

Pros

Pay, management, it a good place to move up

Cons

The work schedule and lunch breaks

"They dock your pay"

Pros

Learned some things. Good stepping stone towards future career. They try and train you to keep you updated on the industry.

Cons

stressful. Management plays clear favorites. They will pay you minimum wage for any hours worked once you tell them you found a new jo.

May 31, 2018 – Controller

In our industry, it is difficult to avoid stressful situations. We are dealing with employers' and employees' money and livelihood. We will always have the stress of providing error free and timely... More

5. "Great Company but not when it comes to pay"

Pros

Learn a lot
    Friendly employees
    Fun environment

Cons

Tight with money
    Reminds me of being in school
    Not to much promotion available at smaller branches

Oct 18, 2016 – Controller

We are pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and the environment to be fun. We do strive to maintain a culture that embodies our entrepreneurial beginnings and makes Corporate Payroll a... More

"INTERNET TIME CLOCK SALES & SUPPORT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Corporate Payroll Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management made me feel at home from the moment I walked thru the door. Really enjoyed working for this company. Definitely room for advancement and growth. I witnessed a lot of promoting/hiring from within the company. I would recommend CPS anytime.

Cons

Pay periods are a little different from my regular bi-weekly schedule.

Advice to Management

None

"Best Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

There is a minimum of twenty words so I am not sure I can fit it all in. I have been with CPS over three years. I have seen people come and make a career and appreciate what everyone is doing. CPS works with you on a level I have never seen. They value the hard work of their employees, they reward them monetarily and with regular verbal praise. They have always lived up their end of the agreement in terms of paycheck, supplies, 401K, Health Ins, etc. I've never had to ask them to please do what they agreed to.. I watch management work long hours, I watch them go over and above for each employee here They truly love this company and are dedicated to each person here. Salary is great, bonus are fair, PTO time is given, Personal life events are celebrated and individuals and teams are recognized for achievement..

Cons

I think the Cons are sadly the people who are hired who feel that the world owes them something. We all sign contracts, we all agree to certain things, it is a fair way of doing business. If you do not intend to live up to your end of the agreement then why say you will? Why does the buck not stop with you? Why is there no personal accountability for yourself. The tools are there. You have to pick them up. There is a time when adults need to take responsibility. If you fail at this company you only have yourself to blame. I think it is time for people to take a hard look at what THEY did wrong. Stop blaming others and look in the mirror. Is this a perfect company? No, are you perfect? No. Things are what we make them. CPS promotes more minorities than any company I have seen. I hate seeing the company that has done so much for so many be trashed by the few.

Advice to Management

Stop being so generous. Seems the more you give people who have an entitled personality the more we set ourselves up for unfair reviews. It is like the give a mouse a cookie book, they will just want a glass of milk. I don't know how we can weed out the hard workers from the entitled who do not know how to look inside for the solutions with out blaming everyone...I don't know maybe a magic eight ball? lol

"Good pay, bad management"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Corporate Payroll Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is very competitive. Some employees/managers are there to help you and see you succeed.

Cons

Can have very long work hours, including but not mandatory weekends. A lot of unnecessary appointments. A LOT of wasted time driving. Management plays favorites like I have never seen before. They're not very detailed on commission payouts which was a headache. After I quit the position, per contract, I was supposed to see commission payouts for the next 30 days but did not receive anything. I also had to ask for my PTO twice after my resignation before getting a response from corporate. I felt that that was very unprofessional and "shady".

Advice to Management

Spend more time investing in all of your employees. Give every employee the same opportunity. Many of us could see very clearly who the favorites are. Culture was very low because of it.

Aug 2, 2016 – Controller

We do not set appointments outside of the normal five day work week. Appointments are set for outside sales reps to go on which by definition involves a lot of driving. We inform applicants for... More

"Once was a decent company... Not anymore"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Park Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Park Forest, IL

I worked at Corporate Payroll Services (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started working there, it seemed to be a decent company. Then one day corporate decided to make a lot of changes which included getting rid of perfectly good management and replacing them with nasty, racist and morally wrong ones.

Cons

Horrible management and lack of caring for lower level employees. Management gossips to one another and talks badly about former employees. Human Resources is a joke and looks out to protect the corporation not it's employees. Awful pay for the amount of work, pressure and expectations to keep up with their ever changing policies. Not to mention having to work in a hostile environment.

Advice to Management

If there is an entire mass exodus of an ENTIRE branch of employees some of which had been there for 7 years.... Maybe there is something wrong with the manager and leadership not the 6+ employees that were literally FORCED out. Also, maybe some sensitivity training for your managers.

Apr 18, 2016 – Controller

Our goal at Corporate Payroll Services is to have happy employees and happy customers. We take human resource matters very seriously and ensure that we act as advocates for our employees. We... More

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Corporate Payroll Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting salary is good, i enjoyed the small office size and location. Working out in the field and meeting business owners was valuable. Office Manager was supportive.

Cons

I found the job highly stressful when not achieving my goals, started to feel micromanaged at the end. Manager was inexpierienced but will get better over time. Upper management only concerned with results. The sales team and telemarketing team are always under pressure.

Advice to Management

Be more patient with sales reps, give reps more time to develop. Hire and train a local lead development team.

Dec 22, 2015 – Controller

We appreciate your review of our company and the local branch where you worked. Most of our branches are small and there is a close relationship between the branch manager and the sales team. We... More