Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) Reviews | Glassdoor

Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Jim Griffith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some of the best sales training in the industry (in 4 reviews)

• Great training program, and had a lot of support from the technical team (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If they don't they pester the prospect so much that they run away and hide because they cause sales people to act desperate (in 4 reviews)

• There seemed to be a huge information disconnect between the support/service (help desk and account management/client support) and the sales team (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just started at Corptech and the environment is amazing! Thank you for this opportunity

Cons

Nothing yet that I can see

Advice to Management

You have great leader as a general manager and sales team is awesome

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Sales in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're willing to work hard and absorb what you learn along the way, the sky is the limit.

Cons

I can't think of any

3. "Great place to grow and learn, bad place to make a career out of"

I have been working at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You touch a bit of everything here so it's a great place to learn and get experience
    Coworkers are great
    Management is usually receptive to changes and concerns

Cons

They rely on the experience you get to be the primary benefit, don't pay market value for experience

Advice to Management

Solidify a pay/raise/bonus system

"I would not work here nor would I pay for the managed services!!!!"

I worked at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Coffee, You can learn what not to do in a professional setting

Cons

Shady, unrealistic, company leaders have no passion for technology only the money they get from the business, they will tell you anything to make you believe their lies, the place is ran by children that is owned by a child. Horrible, waste of time. I have grave concerns for clients of this company and or future clients. Please do your research on this company as it seems to have plenty of reviews out there to read!

Advice to Management

Take some ethics courses at your local community college, understand that you have to invest into your employees and your employees will take care of you. The reward for working at this company cant be that we get to see various technologies and your fabricated incentive programs that are manipulated to benefit those in the good ol boys club! Maybe go work for a real organization and you will see how ridiculous your management skills are and those above you.

"Good for the experience"

I worked at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time

Pros

you will be learning very fast how to do everything in IT support
    you will have the opportunity to try to fix things other places would not let you try at your level
    the best way to learn it to do things

Cons

not very much money
    not real training just on the job

Advice to Management

dont make pro.mises of money and training if there isnt any. Be honest. It's mostly a great first job to practise things, but dont say were going to give you a raise and classes but then dont

6. "Service Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Service Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Service Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

They have a great training program that revolves around putting the customer first. It is a very challenging job with tremendous upside if you are willing to put in the effort. Also, high performers receive timely promotions and raises. I myself have received a hefty salary increase in my first year.

Cons

If you are not willing to commit yourself to the training provided you will not succeed. If you do not work hard at prospecting or treat prospects fairly you will fail.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and make sure you are constantly recognizing successes.

7. "Service Sales Executive"

I have been working at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time

Pros

You get what you put into it.
    If you are willing to grind you will be rewarded.
    Feels like you are your own boss
    A great team atmosphere
    Tons of sales training

Cons

Can feel monotonous at times.
    Continually Chasing People.
    Too many variables can ruin a sale.
    Low Starting Base

Advice to Management

Help grow the brand then work on growing the customer base.

8. "If you want to work, you will be rewarded"

Current Employee - Service Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Service Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I've been with the company for a few years and u see lots of bad reviews. The fact is, if you are willing to put in some effort and work for sales, you can make a good living here. If you are an order taker and want to sit and wait for your phone to ring you won't last long. This is a competitive industry so it is up to you to find business. I have steadily increased my yearly income and the salary + commission structure has improved each year.

Cons

The downside is that there is no guarantee. But that is the nature of sales. The managers will do their best to help but it is all up to the individual to make it happen.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your people and provide as many tools as possible. Stay open to new ideas and different styles of sales. And make sure the infrastructure is there to keep good clients happy.

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at Corporate Technologies (Minneapolis) full-time

Pros

Customers were all generally close to the office. Never had to leave the state or drive for hours. There is a fair amount of freedom when working with customers. You can make a recommendation and then later visit the same customer to install what you recommended. Scheduling is flexible and you can generally get time off when you need it as long as you don't wait until the last minute.

Cons

Working for CT made me question my ethics. I was often asked to outright lie to customers and say services were offered that we didn't provide or repairs would be completed same day when they would not. They have a HUGE sales team and half a dozen techs. As they gain more accounts they do not add any more techs. Some days I was rushing to 5+ customers and worse yet I would be working on something and would get a call from dispatch telling me I needed to stop, leave and go somewhere else.
    They brag about how they offer great overtime and bonuses but they do everything in their power to take it away from you or not let you get it. Clients would often be neglected because none of they techs were allowed to work after 5pm or on the weekend but the customer needed something done after hours.

Advice to Management

GET A CLUE! This is not how you treat customers and expect them to remain long term customers. All you are seeing is dollar signs... its a shame that's not passed on to your employees who actually do all the work.

10. "Field Tech"

Pros

Worked at Corporate Technologies for 2 years. Great training program, and had a lot of support from the technical team. Customers were great to work with most of the time.

Cons

Pay was low and some customers were almost 2 hours away.

Advice to Management

Up the pay for those who deserve it