Corporate Traveler Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2020

4.3
Corporate Traveler President  Amanda Vining (no image)
Amanda Vining
Pros
  • "The people and company culture are two of the top reasons for my love for Corporate Traveler (CT)(in 13 reviews)

• "There are so many reasons I love working at Corporate Traveler(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be difficult to manage, especially in the first year(in 11 reviews)

• "Work-life balance: may require long hours(in 8 reviews)

1. "Overall a Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Travel Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Good training provided - Not a lot of micromanaging if you show to be competent - Monthly happy hours - Good commission when you have clients trading - Open lines of communication with upper management - Unless you made a big mistake you're not bothered after you clock out

Cons

- Don't have a lot of say in who your clients are so it can take some time to build up a portfolio - Low base salary

2. "Good for first time sales role"

2.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Unlimited Commission * Great way to learn full sales cycle with inside/ outside sales

Cons

- Spend more money on company outings then their employees. - Very low base - Micro Management

3. COVID-19

"Good money, Fun work environment"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The place was great to work at. I met many friends there and the money was definitely available to you if you were willing to put in the work. Plenty of opportunity to travel on the company dime as well as monthly work events.

Cons

Unfortunately we were financially unprepared to avoid massive layoffs due to Covid-19.

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing during difficult times"

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people. The Clients. The incentives. Even during these really difficult times, the company has taken every person into consideration and tried to make the difficult conversations clearly understood and outlined the desire to bring all back to the business once travel gets back to a new normal.

Cons

Ups and downs like many other target driven jobs. Sales people are given more brightness of future.

5. "good company for the most part"

Current Employee - Travel Manager

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for less than a year

Pros

-teams, good people to work with -vacay and benefits when the industry is good

Cons

-pay is under industry standards -leadership forgets about the front lines

6. "Simply Fantastic"

Current Employee - Corporate Travel Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Corporate Traveler for almost 10 months now and it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Everyone is always willing to help you when you are new to the company. Leadership is approachable and wants you to reach your highest potential. The president of the company will come to our floor and check on each and everyone, regularly. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned agent, Business Development Manager or Area Leader, it does not matter, you always feel equal and never less than. I have been in the corporate world for a very long time and I can say with confidence that CT is the first place I have ever seen this type of equality exhibited in a workplace. Familiarization trips are regularly offered to agents as well. This gives agents the opportunity to go anywhere in the world in order to meet their clients face to face. I see a bright future at Corporate Traveler and I highly recommend it.

Cons

You must be a self starter and motivated. Hours can be long, so this job is not for someone with a weak work ethic. You make your own luck at this company. Individual team leaders could be stronger.

"Incredible Company, People, & Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Corporate Traveler for over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. Pros include: The people I work with! Everyone in the company (all the way up to senior leadership) is very supportive, accessible, and celebrates each other’s successes & will offer assistance when you need it. I find this company to be much more collaborative and welcoming than a lot of other corporate work environments...it’s definitely not a “every person for themselves” type of company. People work hard, but they have a lot of fun too. That goes from the day to day office work, to company sponsored events or conferences. CT is big on recognizing its’ people, and also investing in tools that will help them do their job better and more efficiently. There are lots of opportunities for growth/advancement and the promotion of people from within is always happening. Compensation is competitive and offers a lot of room for reward for those who work hard. Most importantly though, I love what I do and believe in all that CT has to offer. (I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t, in fact that is why I left my prior company!) At CT, I know that everyone on my team has the same passion for delivering the best service & solutions for our customers and ensuring their happiness, which is important because travel management isn’t a one-man show! I’m proud to work somewhere in which those around me have the same mission and are committed to delivering the best for our clients. And as the world around us is evolving, CT has been heavily invested in delivering new innovations that will continually enhance what we have to offer our customer base which is so important nowadays. Also, as someone who loves to travel working at CT has opened up opportunities that I never would have imagined, allowing me to take my family to parts of the world they’ve never been and making memories we will cherish forever. In sum: I love what I do, the people I work with, the company culture, and the value we deliver to our customers, and all the amazing benefits of working for the Flight Centre family of companies! I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Cons

No company, job, or person is perfect. (But CT is pretty perfect for me!) I think it's more important for people to realize what aspects of the BDM role could be a "con" for them (while for others a major "pro"!), For example, many people may think this is a con: This job requires self-motivation, patience, and the willingness to work hard to get the results you want. Starting as a BDM, think of it as building your own business. Getting any new business off the ground is going to take dedication and a lot of efforts upfront before you start seeing the results/payoff, while hoping that in the end you will succeed. One needs patience and the ability to pick yourself up when you fail and keep on going. You may need to get by on just the salary for six to twelve while you are building your business. This is a “con” for many, but for others they accept that this is part of the process and believe that they too can achieve the success they see around them. So if you want to just come to work and “go through the motions” all day until its time to go home, then this isn’t the type of role for you. Another thing that may be a “con” for some individuals, is that you need to be a team-player here. This is not a good fit for someone who cannot work well in an environment where other people play a role in your success.

8. "Fun Rewarding Workplace"

Current Employee - Travel Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture is Australian and really fun. Lots of company parties and events. Great travel perks. On the job training. Flexible workplace allows remote workers and easy to take leave.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult to manage, especially in the first year. As it is mainly sales based, salary can be low until you receive enough clients.

9. "Fun & Rewarding Career within Travel!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and company culture are two of the top reasons for my love for Corporate Traveler (CT). There is also a great deal of upward mobility both within the brand of CT and Flight Center, CT's parent company. With offices across the US and globe there are opportunities for travel and flexible working which I find greatly appealing. Compensation is fair and there is great potential for a successful career within sales. Although a large multi-national company, individual offices and teams have the feeling of a small family run company and support is readily available.

Cons

Traditional in office 9-5 is somewhat inflexible compared to many sales roles.

10. "Good entry level position for travel"

Current Employee - Travel Manager

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, fun office culture

Cons

Don’t help you grow in your career, no control over commissions, upper management doesn’t care about you

Found 91 reviews