Corps Team Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Corps Team CEO Allison O'Kelly
Allison O'Kelly

1. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, OH

I have been working at Corps Team full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is phenomenal. The staff is so eager to help and do everything they can to help place you in a position that is a perfect fit for both you and the company. You can tell the genuinely care. I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone.

Cons

Honestly, there are no downsides.

Jul 5, 2016 – marketing manager

Our goal at Corps Team, always, is to find the best fit for both the candidate and client. Thank you for sharing!

2. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Corps Team part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule (great work/life balance), strong team-oriented culture (which is especially exceptional considering we all work virtually, management focused on both company growth and employee satisfaction

Cons

As with any recruiting job on the agency side, it can be frustrating to spend a significant amount of time sourcing, screening and identifying outstanding candidates that meet and exceed the client's requirements, only to lose the placement to another agency. However, this is a situation not unique to Corps Team. Agency Recruiters with all companies face this situation from time to time. It's the nature of the industry and something successful Recruiters simply must learn to adapt to and accept.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. I am excited to have seen the company's steady growth over the past few years, and I look forward to being a part of Corps Team and contributing the our continued growth for years to come.

Apr 5, 2016 – marketing manager

Thank you for the kind words. It is an exciting time!

3. "Top Notch Service and Professionalism"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Corps Team (More than 3 years)

Pros

was placed in my current role as HR Manager for a small, local company about 4 years ago through Mom Corps Cincinnati, now Corp Team. The care with which Mom Corps handled the recruiting process was second to none. Now I use Corps Team, working specifically with Recruiter, Lynn Danen, for my employer's recruiting needs and have experienced the same exceptional service and professionalism being a customer as I did when I was a job seeker.

Cons

No cons to mention at this time

Apr 5, 2016 – marketing manager

It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with you, both as a candidate and as a client. We really appreciate knowing that your experience as a job seeker was so positive – positive enough ... More

"Great experience with excellent communication."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Corps Team part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with Brigitt Lipps. She was exceptional at coordinating my interviews with my prospecting employer. I was placed into my current position with Brigitt's help. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

Cons

Truthfully, I was not unhappy with any aspect of the process. Everything was handled in a timely and professional manner.

Apr 5, 2016 – marketing manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! I’m so pleased we could work together to find you such a great fit. ~Brigid

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I have been with Corps Team for 4 years and it's the best company I've ever worked for. Top-notch in every way!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Apr 5, 2016 – marketing manager

Top notch people make us the best company to work for.

"Personable, hands on, caring recruiting team!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I can't speak for others who have had negative run-ins with Mom-Corp or any of their affiliates, but working with recruiters, in my experience can be very impersonal and quite frankly, a waste of time. Kirsten and Gretchen at Mom-Corp couldn't have been more hands on and more importantly, willing to fight to get you that perfect position. Not because it's in their best interest, but because the position is something that aligns with your goals, qualifications and expectations. If you are reading this, and have been looking for the right recruter to match you with that perfect position, I highly recommend reaching out to Mom-Corp. I am not getting paid or compensated in anyway for writing a sparkling review. I'm just very pleased with the experience that I personally have had and it's the least I can do. Whether you are looking to get your foot in the door or are an experienced professional looking for someone who can get your resume seen by actual people in your respective field, you owe it to yourself to reach out to them! Thanks again guys!

Cons

I can't speak of a single one so far :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up. It means a lot to the people you are working so hard for!

Mar 8, 2016 – CEO

Thanks so much for letting us know! They are two of the best! I'm so glad that you were able to find your "perfect position" - Allison O'Kelly, CEO

"Awesome team!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I have been in recruiting and management for the better part of 13years and I have never worked with a team of ladies who are so awesome. They got me into an interview in the last minute; even after they thought the req was going to be closing. After I interviewed the big boss lady called me at home to say that they are going to be making me an offer instead of waiting for the recruiter, who was out for personal reasons, to do it.. Then My awesome recruiter helped the manager for the client understand my resume as I have been consulting and contracting for a while and fought for me to get the job. Since then I have worked with a great team on location for their client and I couldn't be happier. They are a pleasure to work form, hang out with and to look at. I you need a firm to help you land on your feet in the right job this is a great place for you.. If you are looking to just go to work and settle for a client then don't bother because they have a great reputation and would like to keep it that way.

Cons

The con is that they bring in a ton of food on your first day and you get so full you can function until the next day

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!!

Apr 5, 2016 – marketing manager

Thank you for the kind words.

"Growing pains could lead to their demise"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Corps Team full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home is nice, as I don't have to take off from work if my child is sick from school, and I can also relax my workplace attire/getting dolled up for the office, unless we are having the virtual meetings now and then. The territories they give their franchisees are HUGE so there is a lot of opportunity to sell to a large group of employers out there.

Cons

Where do I start...working from home leaves many employees unaccountable to the owner, as she is busy with her own life with her family and CEO duties. The upper mgmt is not committed at all to the vision of growing into a viable franchise. There is too much push back in growing the company to the level that the CEO envisions by her upper level mgmt to where they want a company-owned concept. Nobody in the company is versed in franchising!! There was someone working for them the last couple of years, who put their model together, but he left probably due to the push back to where he couldn't get anything done from what I saw. Many franchisees have left the company already and many are failing as there is extremely little franchisee support vs other franchises out there as I've been willing to learn about what is really out there for franchisees and we didn't provide these support systems at all due to ignorance and perhaps the push back of franchising. They will allow a franchisee to fail vs going to the franchisees home and giving them the support they need to get back on their feet so beware as this is a common complaint for the people who have failed and lost their business. There is no one there in upper mgmt who knows anything about franchising. That should be a red flag to anyone going into the business of becoming a franchisee. Also they were not members of any of the franchisor affiliates when I was working there and usually their reasoning was because they didn't want to be away from their families to go to any of the conferences. The upper management takes the working.from home aspect to the extreme to where they are not willing to do what it takes to keep their business running, as it would mean time away from a soccer game, etc.

Advice to Management

Even though you are a "virtual" company, that shouldn't mean that you never go to learn about the franchise industry via the IFA, and other help that is out there. Also the administrative employees need to be treated with more respect as you can see we know so much more than you give us credit for. Address employee issues with them vs. with other employees. That causes a sense of insecurity and disloyalty within our small group of women. Good luck with however you do business. Don't blame your sales people for not making the numbers. I've seen too many things happen to cause problems in their process and you will lose good sales people until you straighten out the mess internally. CEO needs people on her team who have the same vision as she does. I can't see how she could be successful otherwise which is a shame.

Oct 21, 2013 – CEO

It's a shame when an employee that was fired due to performance issues can not see their failures and blames it on the company. We have been a member of the IFA since we began franchising in ... More

9. "Great CEO, progressive business concept..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Corps Team full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

awesome staffing franchise with focus on women seeking to find flexible opportunities. Most corporate employees are completely virtual which is great for working moms. Company seen as experts in workplace flexibility and often featured in media. Franchise owners very smart, savvy business women.

Cons

working virtually can be a blessing and a curse. sometimes hard to connect with your teammates. Company still in growth mode, so you are expected to do a lot with budgets and time. Can be stressful at times.

"A breath of fresh air for me!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Workplace flexibility is encouraged for all levels of employees to allow for time to spend with family
    Allows all employees to work from home including franchisees unless they are a larger territory franchise
    Communication is always open and honest and respectful

Cons

Would love to be able to drop by someone's office to talk to them about something instead of having to call them.
    Meetings between employees are virtual, yet work well.
    Benefit package could be better.

Advice to Management

We are all so fortunate to work with such a competent group of people and I would love to see more people come on board to support us in an administrative capacity.