Corptax Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Shea

Pros
  • Ability to touch latest technology (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits and work from home flexibility (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining work life balance can become tricky sometimes as the Director will say ' You can't even do this - who hired you (in 8 reviews)

• no company will reward those that don't succeed (in 2 reviews)

1. "Work Culture and technology"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 401k match is good
    - Helpful higher management
    - Flexible working hours
    - Young and lively environment
    - Latest Technology to work with
    - Employees believe in getting the work done than just waiting/ hanging around
    - Fast paced
    - Great benefits

Cons

No Cons as of now

"not that great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

decent place to work as the managers are flexible with schedule

Cons

raises are a complete joke

"Great place to challenge yourself and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work on the the latest technologies. Learn from some very talented and passionate team members. Great benefits and work from home flexibility. Great place to challenge yourself, improve your development skills, and learn new things every day. Opportunities for career growth. Awesome development machines and MSDN ultimate subscription for every dev. Performance is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

None. One of the greatest career moves I made was joining this company.

"Yikes!"

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technology, cutting-edge on MS stack. There is a 20 word minimum for Pros, but that is all I can write.

Cons

To say you need a thick skin to survive on the product development side is an understatement. There are no company values at CorpTax and it shows. Everyone under management level is replaceable and is treated as such. There are no designers and the products are hideous. All employee surveys are reviewed by all management, so there is no meaningful truth in them. As for positive reviews on this site, they must be from the marketing/sales side of the house.
    Are you thinking about a career at CorpTax? Go for it. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Everyone knows who has to go before this company can regain its soul. Until that happens, it isn't going to get better.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Corptax provides a team environment and encourages collaboration. The atmosphere is relaxed. Clients are carefully listened to which helps us improve software offerings. The company cares about employees. The competitive marketplace requires continuous innovation to maintain market share and that brings out the best in everyone, and keeps us on the leading edge.

Cons

Really glad new office is opening in downtown Chicago; that will take away my commute.

"Enjoyable place to work"

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

There are many positives to working at Corptax including an excellent and comprehensive benefits package along with plentiful vacation and sick time. The work atmosphere is pretty relaxed and casual. There is an in-depth 3 week training program to get you up and running quickly while providing the resources you need to be successful long term. It's located in a nice building that's well maintained with a gym and deli right inside. They're opening another office in the city in July. The company is continually fine-tuning to match the needs of the department.

Cons

It is a challenging niche and product to learn. To be successful it will require a can-do mentality and on-going commitment. This is not a place for anyone looking for instant gratification but that was made clear upfront. Incentives and opportunity is available if you hit your quota which is common ins sales...no company will reward those that don't succeed. This is not an "A for Effort" place it's an "A for Achievement" structure.

7. "Software Development Company – Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work! My team is very collaborative. People on my team and in other departments contribute to my success. The work is fast paced, never dull and can be challenging. The people are very smart and passionate about what they do!

- Corptax invests in the latest .Net technologies, professional and personal development.
      - Exceptional benefits
      - Financially stable company and Fortune 1000 clients

Cons

- Very quick turnaround times are required on some projects.
      - Advanced planning may help with some of the quick turnaround expectations.

Advice to Management

- An additional office in downtown Chicago might help attract additional tech talent.

"High Energy, Innovative and Willing to Try New Approaches"

Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for the future and the dedication to see it through. The client base is loyal and growing because they develop outstanding and relevant products and they provide comprehensive training and support programs.

The benefit package is one of the best in the Chicagoland area and there are definitely opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The Deerfield location isn't the best for me, but it could be much worse. Plus, the building has a gym so instead of sitting in traffic I enjoy a quick after work workout.

"Fun, modern place to work. Good for new grads."

Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Many people have been promoted within the sales team and there is opportunity to advance if goals are met. There are several recent graduates in Inside Sales and I like working with a group of people that are going through the learning process with me. They do provide sales and product training which is a big help. This is the first company I've worked for but people I talk to say the benefits are better than most places. The fitness center in the building is free. We go to Clearwater Florida for our sales meeting which was pretty cool.

Cons

It can be hard to get people on the phone but I guess you get that with most sales jobs. It's a lot to understand but doable.

"Current Employee of almost a year - Sales"

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Corptax has a fun, ethical, and learning filled environment. There are many opportunities to move up at Corptax. I was promoted within my first year at Corptax and I witnessed many others move up as well. The pay includes a good salary plus commission. Benefits are top notch; 401 K is matched up to 6%, great medical, dental and more.

Cons

This job does require intelligence and like anything else in life, hard work. However if you put forth the effort, learn the product, and apply yourself during training you will excel.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere is great. I enjoy the people I work with and everybody is willing to help those who ask for it. My Sales Manager is great as well. She has put together an amazing training program that did not exist before she got here. On top of that she is always making sure we have what we need to successfully call, contact, and close accounts. I have learned a lot at Corptax, not only tax software but more about myself as an individual and life in general. Keep it up Corptax!!!!