Corptax Reviews | Glassdoor

David Shea

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work hard and make your numbers, it's a great place to be. No room for laziness since it's a small company and everyone has to pitch-in.

Cons

Overall vision can be fuzzy at times

Advice to Management

Continue to work on career path mobility

"Current Employee of almost a year - Sales"

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Corptax has a fun, ethical, and learning filled environment. There are many opportunities to move up at Corptax. I was promoted within my first year at Corptax and I witnessed many others move up as well. The pay includes a good salary plus commission. Benefits are top notch; 401 K is matched up to 6%, great medical, dental and more.

Cons

This job does require intelligence and like anything else in life, hard work. However if you put forth the effort, learn the product, and apply yourself during training you will excel.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere is great. I enjoy the people I work with and everybody is willing to help those who ask for it. My Sales Manager is great as well. She has put together an amazing training program that did not exist before she got here. On top of that she is always making sure we have what we need to successfully call, contact, and close accounts. I have learned a lot at Corptax, not only tax software but more about myself as an individual and life in general. Keep it up Corptax!!!!

"Fun, modern place to work. Good for new grads."

Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Many people have been promoted within the sales team and there is opportunity to advance if goals are met. There are several recent graduates in Inside Sales and I like working with a group of people that are going through the learning process with me. They do provide sales and product training which is a big help. This is the first company I've worked for but people I talk to say the benefits are better than most places. The fitness center in the building is free. We go to Clearwater Florida for our sales meeting which was pretty cool.

Cons

It can be hard to get people on the phone but I guess you get that with most sales jobs. It's a lot to understand but doable.

"High Energy, Innovative and Willing to Try New Approaches"

Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for the future and the dedication to see it through. The client base is loyal and growing because they develop outstanding and relevant products and they provide comprehensive training and support programs.

The benefit package is one of the best in the Chicagoland area and there are definitely opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The Deerfield location isn't the best for me, but it could be much worse. Plus, the building has a gym so instead of sitting in traffic I enjoy a quick after work workout.

6. "Software Development Company – Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work! My team is very collaborative. People on my team and in other departments contribute to my success. The work is fast paced, never dull and can be challenging. The people are very smart and passionate about what they do!

- Corptax invests in the latest .Net technologies, professional and personal development.
      - Exceptional benefits
      - Financially stable company and Fortune 1000 clients

Cons

- Very quick turnaround times are required on some projects.
      - Advanced planning may help with some of the quick turnaround expectations.

Advice to Management

- An additional office in downtown Chicago might help attract additional tech talent.

"Good company-good folks-good job."

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is a very collaborative environment even reaching across "company borders". The benefits are great and there is a core belief customers make us successful and we make each other successful. Hard work-long hours occasionally thru the year-but lots of pride in jobs well done. Many friendships within the company and a willingness to help.

Cons

Struggles to improve career paths exists but being worked on. There is negativity in some areas, but it also does not go unaddressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the right folks and look at the winners to determine who leads. Keep investing in those that reap great results....

"Great place to work."

Pros

Lots of benefits, paid sick time, paid vacation.

Cons

Fast moving. Constant changing environment.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Corptax provides a team environment and encourages collaboration. The atmosphere is relaxed. Clients are carefully listened to which helps us improve software offerings. The company cares about employees. The competitive marketplace requires continuous innovation to maintain market share and that brings out the best in everyone, and keeps us on the leading edge.

Cons

Really glad new office is opening in downtown Chicago; that will take away my commute.

"Great company"

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly group of people. Enjoyed working here. Company makes you feel like part of one big family.

Cons

There are no cons working here.

"Great place to challenge yourself and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work on the the latest technologies. Learn from some very talented and passionate team members. Great benefits and work from home flexibility. Great place to challenge yourself, improve your development skills, and learn new things every day. Opportunities for career growth. Awesome development machines and MSDN ultimate subscription for every dev. Performance is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

None. One of the greatest career moves I made was joining this company.