Corptax Reviews | Glassdoor

Corptax Reviews

Updated July 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to touch latest technology (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits and work from home flexibility (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining work life balance can become tricky sometimes as the Director will say ' You can't even do this - who hired you (in 8 reviews)

• no company will reward those that don't succeed (in 2 reviews)

1. "senior consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Corptax (More than a year)

Pros

good company - good software - sales people

Cons

everyone will do whatever it takes to win

Advice to Management

why?

"Stay Away from IT at All Costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are willing to sell your soul for a salary, this is a great place to work. There are a few select employees who have been at Corptax for quite some time who are willing to train and educate others. Compensation is competitive with the market, which is what initially draws employees in.

Cons

There are not enough words to truly express the cons of working at Corptax, at least within the IT department.

The issues begin from the top and work their way down. Management are not managers, and even with repeated "leadership training" there is no positive effect. The development methodology is inconsistent, even with external consultants brought in to realign on a regular basis.

There is no logical career path for employees, and once you get brought in, you are essentially paid to stay. The amount of times employees are berated publicly is unheard of, and there is no coaching or incentive to change that behavior.

Work/life balance is typically non-existent within the IT department, and you are expected to respond to emails almost instantly, all the time. It is not out of the norm to receive an email at 10:00pm on a Saturday and be expected to respond that night-- not during a release cycle.

Advice to Management

You know where the issues begin and end, but have failed to do anything about it for years. Change starts at the top down, and you have to be the ones to initiate it.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Corptax provides a team environment and encourages collaboration. The atmosphere is relaxed. Clients are carefully listened to which helps us improve software offerings. The company cares about employees. The competitive marketplace requires continuous innovation to maintain market share and that brings out the best in everyone, and keeps us on the leading edge.

Cons

Really glad new office is opening in downtown Chicago; that will take away my commute.

"Enjoyable place to work"

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

There are many positives to working at Corptax including an excellent and comprehensive benefits package along with plentiful vacation and sick time. The work atmosphere is pretty relaxed and casual. There is an in-depth 3 week training program to get you up and running quickly while providing the resources you need to be successful long term. It's located in a nice building that's well maintained with a gym and deli right inside. They're opening another office in the city in July. The company is continually fine-tuning to match the needs of the department.

Cons

It is a challenging niche and product to learn. To be successful it will require a can-do mentality and on-going commitment. This is not a place for anyone looking for instant gratification but that was made clear upfront. Incentives and opportunity is available if you hit your quota which is common ins sales...no company will reward those that don't succeed. This is not an "A for Effort" place it's an "A for Achievement" structure.

5. "got fired"

Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Deerfield, IL

Pros

work 35 hours a week

Cons

not much earning potential. top earners make 45k max at least in business development role. Learned that the 35k starting salary was higher then for most people there 30k

Advice to Management

you dont need to hire more people just pay the people you have more money and expect more.

6. "Software Development Company – Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work! My team is very collaborative. People on my team and in other departments contribute to my success. The work is fast paced, never dull and can be challenging. The people are very smart and passionate about what they do!

- Corptax invests in the latest .Net technologies, professional and personal development.
      - Exceptional benefits
      - Financially stable company and Fortune 1000 clients

Cons

- Very quick turnaround times are required on some projects.
      - Advanced planning may help with some of the quick turnaround expectations.

Advice to Management

- An additional office in downtown Chicago might help attract additional tech talent.

"High Energy, Innovative and Willing to Try New Approaches"

Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for the future and the dedication to see it through. The client base is loyal and growing because they develop outstanding and relevant products and they provide comprehensive training and support programs.

The benefit package is one of the best in the Chicagoland area and there are definitely opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

The Deerfield location isn't the best for me, but it could be much worse. Plus, the building has a gym so instead of sitting in traffic I enjoy a quick after work workout.

"Fun, modern place to work. Good for new grads."

Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Department in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Many people have been promoted within the sales team and there is opportunity to advance if goals are met. There are several recent graduates in Inside Sales and I like working with a group of people that are going through the learning process with me. They do provide sales and product training which is a big help. This is the first company I've worked for but people I talk to say the benefits are better than most places. The fitness center in the building is free. We go to Clearwater Florida for our sales meeting which was pretty cool.

Cons

It can be hard to get people on the phone but I guess you get that with most sales jobs. It's a lot to understand but doable.

"Current Employee of almost a year - Sales"

I have been working at Corptax full-time

Pros

Corptax has a fun, ethical, and learning filled environment. There are many opportunities to move up at Corptax. I was promoted within my first year at Corptax and I witnessed many others move up as well. The pay includes a good salary plus commission. Benefits are top notch; 401 K is matched up to 6%, great medical, dental and more.

Cons

This job does require intelligence and like anything else in life, hard work. However if you put forth the effort, learn the product, and apply yourself during training you will excel.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere is great. I enjoy the people I work with and everybody is willing to help those who ask for it. My Sales Manager is great as well. She has put together an amazing training program that did not exist before she got here. On top of that she is always making sure we have what we need to successfully call, contact, and close accounts. I have learned a lot at Corptax, not only tax software but more about myself as an individual and life in general. Keep it up Corptax!!!!

"Horrible IT Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Corptax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary & benefits. Challenging workplace where you can touch lots of cutting edge technology and move FAST. Most folks working there are great.

Cons

No respect of work-life balance (at least within Technology), combative and abrasive IT leadership with no respect for staff

Advice to Management

Treat IT staff and software developers with dignity if you want to retain talent