Corry Memorial Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Housekeeper"

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Corry, PA
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Corry, PA

I worked at Corry Memorial Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly associates that helped you accustom yourself to the position and management that would do everything they could to help you stay focused.

Cons

One of the challenges were the many jobs required and you could only do what you were able to accomplish during the shift. The pay was less than some of the places that I worked before but this was known before I took the job.

Advice to Management

Make it well known to incoming employees that the jobs are spelled out and the new staff is expected to get the job done and do their best.

2. "Corry Memorial Hospital; not a good recommendation for anyone unless you are truly desperate. Apply at McDonalds first."

Former Employee - Aide in Corry, PA
    Former Employee - Aide in Corry, PA

I worked at Corry Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the patients. They were the only reason I stayed there for so long. The family members and patients showed more respect and gratitude than anyone on staff ever did.

Cons

The supervisor I had played favorites and had no idea how to lead. She also had no management skills or supervisory experience. She got hired into a position she did not earn because they were desperate for someone to fill the position. The OJT did not work in this case. There was too much favoritism and hiring of friends and family members who got preferential treatment. Wages and benefits were often cut and we were expected to work long hours of overtime, sometimes up to 22 or 24 hours, and they did not appreciate it.

Advice to Management

Listen when the employees complain, and take their complaints more seriously. Stop protecting the people who are not doing their jobs and coddling those who play favorites.