Cortland Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Cortland Partners CEO Steven DeFrancis
Steven DeFrancis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I just want to Give Cortland Partners a Great Big Hug" (in 19 reviews)

• "I've heard chatter about work-life balance" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance could be better" (in 13 reviews)

• "I have no cons from my summer internship" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Some of the best folks in the business"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Katy, TX

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cortland is a fantastic place for high performance professionals to build a great career. We are currently in an aggressive growth push and opportunities abound for promotion or lateral role changes to learn varied facets of the business. It is a place where you can build a good career with consistently great work and effective time management. All in all, I am proud to work for Cortland Partners.

Cons

With having the best and brightest on the team, expectations are great and hours can be long depending on your role and what projects you are working on. Exceptional employees are the average here, so you really have to consistently knock it out of the park to set yourself apart for raises and promotional opportunities. If I had to give one opportunity for improvement down the line, I believe that the company match on the 401K could be increased to align with some competitors and aid in the recruiting of top talent. Other than the 401K match, the benefits are simply unparalleled.

Jun 1, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hello, Cortlandian! We’re glad to hear that you’re proud to be a part of our family – the feeling is mutual! Our strategic growth plan is only achievable with high-performing associates just like... More

2. "Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cortland Partners is a very forward thinking company. They encourage you to do things for our residents, which I love! The people in CSC are very sincere and approachable, you don't really get that often with any company. There are so many things that I love about Cortland Partners and I see myself being with them for a long time.

Cons

My pay is not where it should be.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cortland Partners part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Cortland Culture is wonderful. I love their training and team building. Be prepared to work hard.

Cons

Takes to long for renovations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair salary, bonus, and commission opportunities.

Cons

Honestly, none so far and I've been here for 6+ months

Advice to Management

Keep doing an amazing job!

Jun 1, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hello, fellow Cortlandian! Thank you for leaving such a great review. Welcome to your first year in the family! We’re so glad that your Cortland journey is off to such a great start, and we’re... More

5. "More Pros Than Cons With This Company!"

Current Employee - Leasing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is fantastic! We work in an environment filled with leaders that lead by example and aren't afraid to work side-by-side with their associates. You have a full team of people that will support you and motivate you to reach new successes in both career and personal growth. The opportunity for advancement is impeccable, the emphasis on training is great, and the focus on giving back to the community makes our jobs feel meaningful. I have been with Cortland for a few years and still feel excited as if it is the first day.

Cons

Because we are expanding so quickly, there are several ideas on ways we can improve internally. The only "con" I can think of is there is no platform for those ideas to be organized and executed by level of importance.

May 25, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hey, there! Woohoo – what a phenomenal review! We are ecstatic that you’re a part of our Cortland family and that your enthusiasm still burns as brightly as it did on the first day. You’re exactly... More

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Commission structure, benefits, and awesome people to work with!

Cons

Still a new company, but has a very promising future

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 25, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hello, fellow Cortlandian! As a Leasing Consultant, you’re the face of Cortland that our residents see – and we’re so glad that you’re able to come to work every day with a smile on your face. Having... More

7. "Need better management and promotion structure"

I worked at Cortland Partners part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The PTO and health plans are pretty top of their game, you wont find a lot of companies paying for your health insurance now days.
    -lot of freedom
    -pretty happy group of people

Cons

I am not sharing this as everyone experience but me and everyone I worked with had the same complaints, I left for a multitude of reasons but these are some things they need to improve on to lower employee turnover
    -Management is basically just an inside group of friends who all promote each other and then promise the employees they will be promoted but purposely leave them in the same position, this isn't just venting, the manager actually would admit they didn't us going anywhere.
    -The base rate is horrible for leasing and the commissions they will hype up but in reality you wont be making too very much.
    -Extreme hours, they are open until 7 PM Monday-Thursday and expect you to tour till 7, this means you may not leave some nights until almost 8. there isn't really a work and home life balance there at all (this is just a leasing office issue corporate might be different). I get giving customer service but everyone knows that the best way to keep a business running with happy employees is to simply find ways to make the employees happy. long hours aren't the way.
    -It is a really unprofessional environment. now granted I am not in every office so this one doesn't really stand for the entire company, however, I saw a lot of what I would consider HR issues. I mean some joking around is all fun and games I am a laid back person but when people are talking about how uncomfortable they feel around others it may be time to pump the brakes.
    - For a college graduate just getting out and in need of some office experience this place actually would be ok, but it isn't a place to waste the degree especially if it is a business degree. They would rather promote people for longevity with the company than to utilize their best and brightest or really anyone with actual management experience or management potential. Basically you could be managed by someone who got the job just for sticking around and really isn't a good manager.
    -You will be working basically every weekend, it isn't a big deal but at the end of the day if you want a normal life since they don't always even give two days off in a row you are going to want to eventually find a job with more weekends off. Or at least have multiple days off in a row.

At the end of the day this wasn't a job in corporate America, so I wasn't expecting much but they could still improve on a lot.

Advice to Management

-Start picking people up and promoting people who actually show potential and stop wasting time on people who don't care.
    -Treat your employees with respect and show some compassion for the people that work longer hours than you.

8. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides associates the training, tools, resources and support to be the best version of themselves everyday. Has committed to providing different platforms to keep all associates engaged in what is happening in the company in addition to a performance development culture where multi-lateral feedback is encouraged. Amazing company culture that has continued to flourish!

Cons

Always going to be challenges for a company growing this fast but nothing I would consider a 'con'.

Advice to Management

Create consistent communication strategy to relay company direction to all associates. More of a 'state of the union' on a regular basis.

May 10, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hello, Cortlandian! Wow – thank you for leaving such a rave review! You really hit the nail on the head, and it sounds like you truly understand the culture we’re trying to foster. Thank you for... More

9. "The Best Company !!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Residential Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Residential Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My work family is the best, we all look out for one another. If you are sad or feeling under the weather. Upper management is always there to listen and give positive feed back. Lift you up when you want to move up in your position and give you the tools to get there. I just want to Give Cortland Partners a Great Big Hug!!!!

Cons

When the residents say ugly things about the staff members.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Jun 1, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Wow – what a rave review! It sounds like you’ve hit the work family jackpot! We’re so happy to hear that your fellow associates and managers give you the support, feedback, and tools that you need to... More

10. "IT team rocks"

Current Employee - Technology Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technology Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cortland Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The whole environment is great. I like coming to work finally instead of dreading it.

Cons

Traffic getting here since I am 32 miles away is the only con I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The leaders are why this company is the best to work for.

May 10, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Spcialist

Hey, there! We loved hearing that you have found a position and team that fulfills you. We’re ecstatic that you’re part of our Cortland family and look forward to seeing your continued growth and... More