KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cortland

Engaged Employer

Cortland

Add a Review

Cortland Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Dec 29, 2020

Found 18 of over 446 reviews

3.8
Cortland CEO Steven DeFrancis
Steven DeFrancis
Pros
  • "Cortland is a great company to work for(in 21 reviews)

• "Great benefits and retirement plans(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be challenging at times(in 29 reviews)

• "Multiple levels of upper management(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cortland and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

100% Satisfied Employee

Dec 29, 2020 - Leasing Consultant in Marietta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, lovely staff, strong work environment, great management

Cons

balancing work and life and be slightly difficult at times

Brian Baker, Director of Operations

Hi! At Cortland, it’s important to us that our associates are happy, and we try to make that possible by surrounding them with great minds, a positive work environment, and all the resources they need to be successful. We admit that work-life balance may be hard at times, but we advise you to work with your manager to find a situation that works for you! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company! Highly invested in it's associates.

Dec 29, 2020 - Community Manager in Smyrna, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Great people. Work life balance. Really values it's associates. Opportunity!

Cons

As a still growing company, and growing fast, we're still learning how to listen to all departments and the feedback they may have towards a project or idea.

EVP of Operations and Facilities, Jonathan Tucker

Hello, Cortlandian! We truly appreciate your kind words. We do our best to ensure associate morale is above and beyond. Allowing our associates opportunities to further their professional development is one of our top priorities, so we’re glad you feel that you have the chance to excel with us! Our growth as a company is ongoing as well and with that comes learning curves and growing pains, but we’re always striving to improve.

3. Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

I guess!?

Nov 17, 2020 - Leasing Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Residents and Great Benefits

Cons

Work culture is not the best.

VP of Talent Acquisition, Ashley Gordon

Hello! We’re glad to hear you think our residents are great (we think so, too). The associate experience is one of our top priorities, and that’s why we aim to provide competitive benefits and perks. We work very hard to ensure associates are happy, and our culture plays a crucial role in that!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work

Jun 17, 2020 - Assistant Community Manager in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cortland offers competitive pay and great benefits. The overall culture of the company is family like and very supportive. Lots of room for career advancement. I personally love how we truly care for our residents as a company and strive to 'do the right thing' and 'love what you do and let it show!' Also the yearly company Christmas party is always a blast!!

Cons

I have sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of something but I cannot find a 'con' of working for Cortland. I love it!

Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations and Facilities

Hey, Cortlandian! You hit the nail on the head – our core values are our guiding principles, creating a culture that is so strong that it has won awards. The sky is the limit here, so you can take your career as far as you can dream while maintaining a focus on providing the greatest resident experience in the industry. Keep up the great work!

6. 5.0

Cortland is awesome.

May 29, 2020 - Maintenance Technician in Frisco, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cortland is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees better than any company I have ever worked for. Great benefits and retirement plans.

Cons

The only thing I find wrong with insurance is it is a very high deductible plan.

Director of Operations, Trey Lopez

Hey, there! We love hearing that you love our benefits just as much as we do – and we encourage you to take a look at our benefits guide to make sure you’re getting the most out of what we have to offer. Offering great benefits is just one of the ways that we take care of our associates, and it’s the least we can do for the amazing care they offer to our residents. #DoTheRightThingForTheRightReason

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cortland VALUES its employees!

May 16, 2020 - United States in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits, commission, and hours (they work with your school schedule) -WONDERFUL leadership. Management and regional truly want to help each individual grow in the company! -Core Values: Cortland is true to what they stand by through thick and thin. Especially during COVID-19. On site teams have been taken care of through health policies and any concerns. - Rewarding job where you see the impact you make on residents DAILY. - Team Building. Great team outings from the annual Holiday Party to quarterly activities. - Foundational Training: Cortland sets the standard which is exceptional for their employees by giving them the tools they need to succeed! From trainings on multiple CRM tools, sales foundation, and TAA knowledge that you can take anywhere. - Cortland empowers employees to make their own decisions and have responsibility rather than being micromanaged or having to do a task a specific way. There is room to innovate and share your ideas!

Cons

Honestly little to no cons. I LOVED my time at Cortland because I worked hard and that was recognized. If you are looking for a fast-paced team environment, room to grow, and AMAZING benefits. Cortland is for you and will truly enhance your life and career. If you are not looking for a high-energy career that will not settle for anything less than exceptional then Cortland is not the best fit.

EVP of Operations & Facilities, Jonathan Tucker

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. As you know, we always put our associates’ and residents’ experiences first. We’re glad you received great support from your leaders and that your time with us was nothing less than our Cortland best! As a company, we’re always evolving and coming up with ways we can be better. We appreciate your feedback in reference to onsite associate training – and we’ll definitely take it into consideration.

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 21, 2019 - Housekeeper in Frisco, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and very professional team to work with!!!

Cons

Is a really good place to work

EVP of Operations & Facilities

Hey, there! We’re so happy to hear you’re loving Cortland. We pride ourselves in providing our associates with great work environments, coworkers, and benefits. Keep up the great work, Cortlandian! – Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations and Facilities

9. 4.0

Friendly place to work

Oct 2, 2019 - Intern in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They’re in a great location in Buckhead across from the mall. They have a great benefits package. Employees are well compensated. They have a lot of industry related training opportunities for employee growth. They have a company wide yearly trip to get all the employees together. They have really good technology here. There’s no set time to come and leave so it’s very family friendly. They try to help you attain your own personal career goals. The office is very diverse as it pertains to staff. They try to promote from within.

Cons

The office is very diverse, but this isn’t reflected in the executive staff. There is no diversity in execute positions or senior management. Check the website to see that the company is extremely whitewashed from the top. The executives are very stand-offish and unapproachable.

3 people found this review helpful

EVP of Operations & Facilities

Hey, Cortlandian! We’re ecstatic to hear that you enjoy all we have to offer our great associates. One of our goals is to ensure they have the best possible experience while working with us. We put an emphasis on associate growth and training for the mere reason that we believe increasing their value only improves Cortland as a whole. As a company, we’re very diverse, and over time that will evolve from the ladder up! #GrowTogetherAndPlayAsATeam – Ashley Gordon, VP of Talent Acquisition

10. 5.0

Innovative

Aug 14, 2019 - Community Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, A lot of Room for Growth, Fast Paced, Roller Coaster Ride!

Cons

Not much work-life balance.

Cortland Response

Hey, there! We’re thrilled to hear that your Cortland experience has blown you away! We know that overseeing one of our communities is no easy task – taking care of our residents doesn’t stop when the office closes. Still, having a work-life balance that works for you is invaluable, and we encourage all of our associates to find what works best for them. We recently updated our paid time off policy, so be sure to check out Cortland Connection to learn more! #HaveTheCourageToBeBetter – Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations and Facilities

11. 4.0

A Great Place

Jul 24, 2019 - Groundskeeper in Denton, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing in size across the state and in the US. Great benefits offered to full-timers A genuinely caring work environment from the top down.

Cons

Employee Turnover can throw things off

Director of Operations

Hey, there! We’re so glad to hear that your associate experience has lived up to your expectations! You’re exactly right – we are growing both in the US and internationally, and our benefits are some of the best around. While there can be some turnover, what never changes is our award-winning culture and the caring work environment that we foster. #GrowTogetherAndPlayAsATeam – Trey Lopez, Director of Operations

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews