KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cortland

Engaged Employer

Cortland

Add a Review

Cortland Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Jan 5, 2021

Found 21 of over 446 reviews

3.8
Cortland CEO Steven DeFrancis
Steven DeFrancis
Pros
  • "Cortland is a great company to work for(in 21 reviews)

• "Great benefits and retirement plans(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be challenging at times(in 29 reviews)

• "Multiple levels of upper management(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cortland and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company to Work For!!!

Jan 5, 2021 - Service Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for. The owners understand that paying little extra for good people saves them a lot money in the long run. Great support. Professional environment.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I can put in here.

Brian Baker, Director of Operations

Hello! First off, thank you for your continued commitment to Cortland – it’s great to know we can keep associates here for the long run. One of our main focuses is providing support to associates wherever and whenever they may need it. We also take pride in our professionalism and setting high expectations!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I Feel Apperciated and Looked out for

Jun 17, 2020 - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people, Great environment, No drama, Great Company discounts and Company provided Health Insurance, PTO was generous, Occasional free meals and snacks. Executive team is very nice.

Cons

I was let go due to COVID but got rehired to a different position a month later with plans to restore me to my previous position.

Ashley Gordon, VP of Talent Acquisition

Hey there, Cortlandian! We’re thrilled to hear that you’ve loved your time at Cortland – and that you got to explore multiple roles and learn more about how we provide for our residents. This pandemic has been an interesting time for all of us, and we’re excited to have you back!

3. 4.0

Great Growth Culture

Jun 15, 2020 - Leasing Professional in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cortland is a great company to work for and really values company culture and growth. If you desire to, it is completely possible to grow in this company and take on more leadership roles. They recognize good work and will always give you kudos.

Cons

They changed the commission structure for leasing and my pay did go down a bit because of it. They strive for excellence (which isn't always a bad thing) and work life balance can be difficult for anyone on more of a leadership role.

Director of Operations, Jonathan Denton

Hello! It’s true, our culture and growth are both among top priorities for us. Giving our associates the option to further develop their professional skills ultimately helps Cortland as a whole. Although we do have high expectations, we also believe that success should always be rewarded!

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company,

Jun 15, 2020 - Service Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for:

Cons

There are lack of help.

Director of Operations, Niki Kingry

Hi, there! We’re glad to hear that you think Cortland is great – we like to think so too. However, as you may know, we always want to ensure that our associates are receiving the support they need, no matter their role. If you ever feel like you need help, please reach out to your Regional Service Manager!

5. 5.0

Cortland is awesome.

May 29, 2020 - Maintenance Technician in Frisco, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cortland is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees better than any company I have ever worked for. Great benefits and retirement plans.

Cons

The only thing I find wrong with insurance is it is a very high deductible plan.

Director of Operations, Trey Lopez

Hey, there! We love hearing that you love our benefits just as much as we do – and we encourage you to take a look at our benefits guide to make sure you’re getting the most out of what we have to offer. Offering great benefits is just one of the ways that we take care of our associates, and it’s the least we can do for the amazing care they offer to our residents. #DoTheRightThingForTheRightReason

6. 5.0

Great company

May 29, 2020 - Service Manager in Allen, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cortland is great company to work for. They always support their employees and help them Grow.I’ve learned a lot working with Cortland specially customer service and how to be positive in the worst situations.

Cons

I did t have any downsides working with Cortland.

EVP of Operations & Facilities, Jonathan Tucker

Hello, Cortlandian! We love hearing that your associate experience has lived up to your expectations. You’re exactly right – we do support our associates and empower them to grow both professionally and personally in their roles. Keep up the amazing work! #HaveTheCourageToBeBetter

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!

Feb 14, 2020 - Resident Experience Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture - Core Values Opportunity for growth Plenty of training The property I work at was purchased by Cortland in September 2019 and it has been nothing but improvements and continuous support from upper management. I am grateful to be a part of such a great company!

Cons

So far I have not seen any cons to report. I genuinely love working for Cortland.

EVP of Operations & Facilities, Jonathan Tucker

Hey, there! It’s great to hear the transition to Cortland has exceeded your expectations. We strive to support all our associates so they can succeed in their role! As for holiday parties, we want to celebrate coming together with your work family, which currently means no guests. However, there might be some changes in the future. We’re glad you’re enjoying your experience so far!

8. 5.0
      Current Intern

Intern

Jun 4, 2019 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and great company culture.

Cons

Just a little disorganized sometimes.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great company and culture!

Apr 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company events! Great pay! Culture is based on innovation and associate ideas! Very diverse, nothing cookie cutter at all!

Cons

Health benefits would be great, if I were single without kids, but can get a little pricey for a family.

Chief People Officer

Hey there, Cortlandian! We’re so glad to hear that you love our culture as much as we do – and you’re right, we’re not cookie cutter at all. We strive to break industry standards and create new ones. One of the ways that we set ourselves apart is by offering best-in-class benefits. We’re the only company in the industry that pays 100% of the cost of preventative healthcare, and as of April 2018, Cortland contributes $80 a month to our associates’ health savings account, which you can use to pay for any costs related to medical care for any member of your family. I encourage you to check out all that our benefits package has to offer! – Priscila Mattingly, Chief People Officer

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Construction

Nov 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has been a great company

Cons

nothing bad to say at this time

Talent Experience Manager

Hello, Cortlandian! We're thrilled that you've had a positive experience so far. Just remember that we have an open door communication policy – so if there is ever anything we can do to improve your Cortland journey, let us know! #HaveTheCourageToBeBetter Ashley Gordon VP, Talent Acquisition

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews