Cosentino North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eduardo Cosentino

Pros
  • New office in Sugar Land is very nice (in 4 reviews)

• The work environment is diverse (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you let the workload get to you the work/life balance aspect can seem daunting (in 3 reviews)

• Company lacks organization, and makes major changes within structure withought thinking it through first (in 2 reviews)

1. "Warehouse"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cosentino North America (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment and management is relaxed. There is no one breathing behind your back. Your able to know what needs to get done on a daily basis and just do it without a problem. Work flows naturally and steady. Occasional rush periods but not often.

Cons

The wages offered doesn't feel competitive nor fair

"Not the kind of place you want to work at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time

Pros

It's a job and it's better than unemployment.

Cons

Lack of management skills by all the leaders
    Stressful work environment because you never know when you will be laid off because they want to give your job to one of their "Spaniard" friends
    Unprofessional behavior of management - cursing all the time in Spanish

Advice to Management

Get training! Learn what real leadership is.

Feb 24, 2017 – Company Representative

We appreciate your feedback, Cosentino continues to develop and implement additional training for all employees. Cosentino is an Equal Opportunity Employer that doesn't discriminate, we take pride ... More

3. "Talent Acquisition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great support staff , you never feel alone. Excellent team first attitude. They provide all the tools you will need to succeed the rest is up to you. Showrooms and working environment is top notch.
    Product is second to none. You feel special when you work here.

Cons

The only con I can think of is working with SAP.Great for accounting but not for warehouse.
    Slow............And..............Painful

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be the best

Oct 7, 2016 – Corporate Representative

Thank you for your favorable comments and for being a part of the Cosentino family! We aim to help our employees succeed by providing resources and an enjoyable working atmosphere. We can ... More

"HR Director"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Cosentino North America (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth!
    DNA (the company culture)
    Innovation at all levels-
    Team work and amazing very knowledgably team
    Social responsibility - very strong focus on safety
    Due to growth of the company there are amazing career opportunities for those with ambition and flexibility

Cons

It is essential to be proactive, flexible and adaptable to be successful

Advice to Management

I give advice for candidates- give a little time to the company to show how much there is to offer

Sep 16, 2016 – Corporate Representative

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We appreciate your insight and feedback.

"Do Not Work For Cosentino"

Current Employee - Distribution in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Distribution in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cosentino North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of outside of the friends and family discount on products at a 40% discount.

Cons

Breakdown in culture and professionalism. Highly unorganized and mismanaged organization from the top down. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Intolerant of employees who voice concern or opinion. Too much reporting and not enough time to focus on goals, objectives and ultimately customers which creates an atmosphere of conflict internally between field staff and the corporate office in Sugarland. Huge disconnect as a result that is causing the loss of market-share nationally.

Advice to Management

Reflect on best practices and implement them into your organization so that the revolving door of employee turnover comes to an end. Respect your employees as they are the core of your business and success as well as the front line and greatest touch point to your customers. Master-marketing, as powerful of a machine as it is for COS, will not make up for the individuals touching customers in the field. They are your greatest 'Brand'.

Sep 30, 2016 – Corporate Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. With a company that has more than 60 locations across North America, communication can be a challenge. We are ... More

7. "What you make of it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

Cosentino is a very busy atmosphere. There are constantly new things to look forward to and every day is a new challenge. I also enjoy the people I work with. I feel the pay and benefits are very fair. It seems like there is a lot of promotion from within but I haven't experienced that yet.

Cons

I can see how the fast pace can be frustrating when you want to master your job and it can feel overwhelming at times but I rather be busy than bored. If you let the workload get to you the work/life balance aspect can seem daunting. Steer clear of the petty drama.

Advice to Management

Value the good contributors to your teams and make it known that you are appreciative. Set goals and clearly outline how to achieve them.

Aug 5, 2016 – Company Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear your positive comments and your suggestions for improvements provide us opportunity for growth. Some of your observations are ... More

8. "Good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Loyal company and people are very loyal

Cons

too many deliverables from the management team

Advice to Management

N/A

Jul 15, 2016 – Company Representative

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time for this posting.

"company as a whole"

Former Employee - Construction Surfaces Manager in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Construction Surfaces Manager in Olathe, KS

I worked at Cosentino North America (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many, company strategy is weak. The corporate management is unorganized and not together.

Cons

Many. They use a CRM like many companies do called Sales Force. Cosentino uses it as a micro management tool. People don't like to be micro managed. Most of the employees are lying about what they do to achieve their goals because the management puts a heavy load on them to achieve programs that they introduced to make themselves look good. Employees are like worker bees going in circles. Heavy turnover. Not treated fairly.

Advice to Management

Restructure Sales Force. Come up with a sales plan that includes a obtainable dollar sales quota per quarter instead of goals in Sales Force.

Jul 15, 2016 – Corporate Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Cosentino continues to be on the cutting edge of technologies that help to enhance our internal processes and in return our customer's satisfaction. With a company ... More

"Im great"

Former Employee - Production Planning Manager in Bridgeport, OR
    Former Employee - Production Planning Manager in Bridgeport, OR

I worked at Cosentino North America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being hired here was great

Cons

I didn't like their interview process I waited for too long and they were late

Advice to Management

Be more organized

Jun 24, 2016 – Company Representative

Thank you very much for the five-star review. We are glad that you enjoyed being hired by Cosentino. We will consider your comments regarding the interview process. Thanks again.

"A fun, challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Cosentino North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working here. The company encourages teamwork and collaboration. Cosentino has an open management style that allows employees to engage directly with their supervisors. The work is challenging, and I feel that I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. This has been a great place to develop my professional skills and talents.

Cons

None that are really significant.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage teamwork and collaboration between management and employees,

Jun 24, 2016 – Company Representative

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about Cosentino. We value your contributions to the Company! Cosentino is a fast-growing Company and with such growth, there are always challenges. We ... More