Cosentino North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Cosentino North America Reviews

Found 86 reviews

3.4
Eduardo Cosentino

"Do Not Work For This Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The business hours are decent and you don't work weekends.

Cons

Extremely poor management and training. Do not value their employees. Only Spaniards holding highest positions at North American corporate office. GM's have little or no managerial experience. Pay is average at best.

Advice to Management

If you want to be viewed as a legitimate company here in North America, hire some real managers and take care of your employees.

Cosentino North America2018-01-29

April 12, 2018Company Representative

Cosentino appreciates your comments. Cosentino is an equal opportunity employer, and ensures that its employees are hired and promoted based on their qualification and skills required for the position. We believe our employees are the heart and backbone of the company.

"Better than not having a job."

Former Employee - Corporate in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Paid sick and vacation time. When the Spaniards leave for there 1 month vacation in the Summer, you can actually get some work accomplished.

Cons

This a family owned company which promotes a meritocracy. Which means no room for growth unless you are tight with the family or you brown noise your way to a position your not qualified for. HR is in complete shambles. The turnover in the department is very high. DPO's (Bonuses) are not always paid in full and there is always an excuse as to why things are not paid out. The HQ in Spain is always requesting meaningless...

Advice to Management

Too many departments have there own agendas which leads internal fighting. The communication is terrible among the Spaniards and Americans. Invest in your human capital. Give more support to your sales team. Especially Stone Systems. Spaniards really do not understand that side of the business.

Cosentino North America2017-12-28

April 12, 2018Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Cosentino is an equal opportunity employer who does not favor one nationality over another. In fact, it encourages diversity worldwide. Cosentino values its employees and their roles, no matter what location they are working at, and encourages their ...

"Room to advance - TAMPA"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cosentino North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family run company that offers a work/life balance. Opportunity for advancement is only limited by you. As long as your willing and able to learn, they are willing to train you. Flexible, great pay, benefits, great management team, and excellent training program. Training program offers different platforms to meet anyone's learning capabilities (online/in-person/hands-on/webinars). New Hires are also sent to HQ...

Cons

None that i can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

None

Cosentino North America2017-11-13

December 1, 2017Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to have you as part of our team!

"High turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time

Pros

None that come to mind, that is why I left. :-/

Cons

Unorganized, low mentality, unprofessional, micro mgmt. Lots of wasted time spent on duties unrelated to job description. Untrained and uneducated managers.

Advice to Management

Screen mgrs more carefully for skills needed to perform their job. Apparently senior mgmt is not paying attention to reviews and it shows with high turnover.

Cosentino North America2017-12-15

April 12, 2018Company Representative

Thank you for your review. Cosentino strives to select and train employees to meet the company's goals. The company is continuously working on encouraging leadership skills for our management teams.

"Unorganized culture"

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time

Pros

few but has benefits

Cons

several but mostly unorganized, no close knit culture

Cosentino North America2017-11-01

December 1, 2017Company Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. As part of Cosentino's culture, it actively promotes team collaboration within all departments and locations. Cosentino is a family-owned company, that is constantly growing and innovating in order to continue being the leaders in our industry.

6. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cosentino North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cosentino cares about its people and offers opportunities to develop full potential and professional growth. In my case, I get to apply my knowledge in marketing and communications and also learn something new every day in a multicultural work space. Good work is recognize and appreciated by managers and directors, that motivates employees to give the best at their jobs. Cosentino DNA invites employees to feel appreciated...

Cons

There's a lot of work, sometimes it can be overwhelming, but once you learn how to handle it, everything is worth it.

Cosentino North America2017-10-27

December 1, 2017Company Representative

We are happy to have you part of the Cosentino family!

7. "Trade show manager"

Current Employee - Trade Show Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cosentino North America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

been able to grow in the company

Cons

you need to learn how to handle the amount of work and be fast to response to internal requests.

Cosentino North America2017-10-27

December 1, 2017Company Representative

We appreciate your review. At Cosentino, we value all of our employees and the work that they contribute to our growth. Challenges may arise, but at Cosentino, we adapt, and we admire and recognize the work of our people.

"Sales"

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time

Pros

Nice products to sell customers like.

Cons

Churn and burn mentality with sales people. Stay away if you want long-term.

Cosentino North America2017-10-19

October 20, 2017Company Representative

Thank you for your comments. At Cosentino we recognize the effort our sales team puts into selling our products and engaging our customers. We value our employees and there are plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.

"Corporate"

I have been working at Cosentino North America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Excellent opportunities for career growth

Cons

Diversity- hire more US citizens in North America. Spaniards make up 95% of the workforce at the Corporate Office!

Cosentino North America2017-08-14

November 9, 2017Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Cosentino is a diverse company, with employees from all over the world, and is an equal opportunity employer.

"granite countertops"

Former Employee - A/R in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Cosentino North America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

okay place to work for

Cons

no advancement opportunities within company

Cosentino North America2017-07-24

November 9, 2017Company Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Cosentino, we believe the People are what drives our company. Therefore, one of our main goals is to promote and develop our employees with training, support and encouragement in order for them to grow and advance with the company.

Found 86 reviews