Cost Optics Reviews | Glassdoor

Cost Optics Reviews

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great community vibes"

I worked at Cost Optics full-time

Pros

- great colleagues (humble, hardworking and kind folks)
    - work life balance

Cons

- upper level decision making

2. "Governance and Compliance Consultant"

Former Contractor - Senior Technology Architect in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Contractor - Senior Technology Architect in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Cost Optics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Small Team, Focused, Large Clients

Cons

The Office was too small for the team size.

Advice to Management

None.

"Working at Cost Optics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Cost Optics (Less than a year)

Pros

Some colleagues are friendly and helpful

Cons

1) The culture here is nothing to brag about. The company does nothing to make the place an employee-friendly environment.

2) As with the previous reviews, I agree that hiring and firing is at whim and fancy. No reason necessary for to release an employee at anytime.

3) Also if anyone noticed, their London office is ACTUALLY a PO box address and not a proper physical address.

It was not a pleasant place to work in and I am glad I was gone earlier than later.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.

"Good experience, Great people"

I worked at Cost Optics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good training ground. Started off with minimal experience but left with a wealth of knowledge and experience. Expanded my skill set greatly.

- Lots of Knowledge Sharing. Gained skills that are not just limited to job scope. Good place if you want to explore different skills/knowledge.

- Flexible. Work life balance is strongly emphasised. Generous leave/vacation schedules.

- Great co-workers/friends. I've built relationships that extend beyond the office and still maintain contact after leaving the company. We bond at work and outside of work.

Cons

- Lack of manpower. At times, workloads get heavy but teams are small so that means there are times in which there are high pressure, rushed deadlines etc. but team members are always willing to help each other to cope with the high demand/workload.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

"Work here if you intend to work for 1-2 months."

Former Employee - MIS Accountant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - MIS Accountant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Cost Optics (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great pay for 1, 2 months maximum work (vs typical contract role pay)
    2. Staff in Expense Management are very patient and answer your questions.. IF you bother to ask/they have the spare time.
    3. Free snacks on Fridays.

Cons

I previously searched Glassdoor for reviews on this company before joining, but none existed. In order to do future applicants a huge favour, here's a genuine-attempt-at-being-objective review:

1. Office Politics. Instead of performance, attitude, and work ethics being the core yardsticks for employee reviews, it boils down to how well 1 or 2 senior members in your team "get along" with you. Good "working relationships" are not sufficient.
    2. Personal connection is advertised as being vital for the role, yet some team members make little/no effort in getting to know you. The onus is solely on you to interact with the team.
    3. Why do I stress the above seemingly humdrum factors? Because the company has NO PROFESSIONALISM and will happily ask you to leave IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH AFTER JOINING if you don't meet their cohesiveness requirements, EVEN IF you've been doing a great job up till that point in time. There's also NO 2ND CHANCES.
    4. Employment at will (They don't need to give a reason to fire you).
    5. A significant number of other very uncompetitive clauses in the contract.
    6. Ask about financing.
    7. No payslips provided.
    8. Staff openly diss the company at work. 'nuff said.

Advice to Management

Advice to the reader: There are 3-4 workers here who are good people. Sadly, they're not the ones who hold much weight.
    Advice to management: What goes round comes around.