Costa Store Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Dominic Paul

"Store manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Norwich, England

I worked at Costa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Social atmosphere is the best around, learn to make impressive coffees

Cons

Constant cleaning and hard graft, crazy long days on your feet with a rushed Break if you're lucky. Area managers are patronising and humiating, competely understaffed all the time. They expect you to be a machine. Very few rewards for timr, lots of unpaid work setting up and closing down the store, Costa checks rigorous and often too ridiculous. No time to chat properly to customers.

Advice to Management

Care about your staff, think about how long drinks.take, simplify recipes, actually motivate instead of patronising and think about the uniform, we worked in crazy heat in a pale cream (ridiculous!) long sleeved shirt in summer heat, around a boiling hot coffee machine.

Costa2015-07-03

"Had a fantastic 4 years and the 5th one was very bad one ( no support, no thank you etc )"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Costa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free coffee, great team, easy transfers, bonus ( only if you achieve all green Win card )

Cons

Long hours, salary, Had 4 Rdm's and the last one was the worst Rdm ever.

Advice to Management

Appreciate what your managers is doing ( all of them ). Support new managers in your team

Costa2014-10-16

"learned a lot"

Former Employee - Store Manager in London, England

I worked at Costa full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

my team and the customers. I have run busy store and had 6-8 employees on a shift at any given time raising to 12-15 when really busy and those days were amazing. I loved training, coaching and developing people. My regular customers were brilliant. I learned a lot about coffee and different techniques.

Cons

Your happiness depends on your line manager. There are opportunities to develop but you have to be extremely patient and keep chasing the carrot, be prepared to try really hard and work in your own time to further your development. you have to prove yourself and keep shouting about how brilliant you are and how much you do. So those who can talk the talk will get further than those who actually work hard...

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with respect

Costa2014-06-05
  4. "opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, England

I have been working at Costa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

able to develop career with clear route for promotion and plenty of opportunity

Cons

can be monotonous if you allow it to be

Costa2014-01-14
  5. "Costa is a fun place to work and the customers are great, but support when running your store can be sparse"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Romsey, England

I worked at Costa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in a team, creative skills, customer relationships

Cons

long and unsociable hours, extremely fast paced hard work

Advice to Management

Targets and Customer Satisfaction are obviously important, but sometimes a little help for store management goes further than punishment

Costa2013-08-21

"hard work,low labour budget.just want to make money without paying their staff pproperly. poor senior management."

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Costa full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great team. fun customers sometimes. flexible.great coffee. bonus for managers.

Cons

long working hours, no staff due to low labour, more and more demands from head office but no time to do it. just number focused. listen and learn a joke as costa doesn't listen to customers or staff and def do not learn. just want to make more money.bad pay for managers and team

Advice to Management

review your pay structure!! senior management get payed too much and drive big cars whilst TM survive on £6.31!!!! REALLY

Costa2013-06-23