Found 15,018 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Company has great benefits and worked well withe during my college years to accommodate for my classes" (in 2715 reviews)
- "the pay is good and if you work carts then its super easy as well." (in 2192 reviews)
- "This job is great for people who dislike desk jobs and needs to be physically working." (in 603 reviews)
- "This place has great coworkers and I've made a lot of friends in a short time here." (in 351 reviews)
- "And to have Jim Sinegal as the footprint of how to take care of your employees." (in 272 reviews)
- "Poor Management by not listening and hearing employees' issues and situations" (in 995 reviews)
- "But the share of bad managers far exceeds the good ones and the good ones end up quitting or ask for a demotion." (in 548 reviews)
- "Long hours and pay use to set the standard but has fallen in the last ten years for salaried employees." (in 354 reviews)
- "Play favoritism sometimes making it difficult for the right person to get the job over someone who shouldn't." (in 230 reviews)
- "I've worked at Costco twice and had bad supervisors both times but other departments have great sups." (in 188 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Costco Wholesale and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 5, 2023Tire InstallerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLakewood, CA
Pay is great and the benefits are even better
I have no complaints for my job is very down to earth and chill.
- 5.0Dec 3, 2023BakerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsRoseville, MI
Culture. Employees are in high spirits due to high pay. A place that is worth growing into, that offers many growth opportunities. Promotes from within 99.9% of the time. Benefits are solid, part time and full time deductibles differ but both are still great. Raises based on hours worked rather than performance (that sort of weeds itself out, so be ready!). Overall a great place to work, a lot of growth opportunities with benefits for all employees no matter the title.
Most managers, mainly AGMs and ancillary managers, seem to have a really high ego that can be annoying. Don't expect many thank you's from anyone other than your coworkers. Ultimately not much care for the well being of a employee but will scrutinize if said employee makes a mistake. Just a number unless you get to manager level which would make you a robot to the company.
Costco Wholesale Reviews FAQs
Costco Wholesale has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 16,451 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Costco Wholesale to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
75% of Costco Wholesale employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Costco Wholesale 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.