Found 15,018 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Company has great benefits and worked well withe during my college years to accommodate for my classes" (in 2715 reviews)
- "the pay is good and if you work carts then its super easy as well." (in 2192 reviews)
- "This job is great for people who dislike desk jobs and needs to be physically working." (in 603 reviews)
- "This place has great coworkers and I've made a lot of friends in a short time here." (in 351 reviews)
- "And to have Jim Sinegal as the footprint of how to take care of your employees." (in 272 reviews)
- "Poor Management by not listening and hearing employees' issues and situations" (in 995 reviews)
- "But the share of bad managers far exceeds the good ones and the good ones end up quitting or ask for a demotion." (in 548 reviews)
- "Long hours and pay use to set the standard but has fallen in the last ten years for salaried employees." (in 354 reviews)
- "Play favoritism sometimes making it difficult for the right person to get the job over someone who shouldn't." (in 230 reviews)
- "I've worked at Costco twice and had bad supervisors both times but other departments have great sups." (in 188 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Costco Wholesale and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Dec 7, 2023StockerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsFrisco, TX
It’s a paycheck, and the benefits are good. That’s about it.
The management at this warehouse is extremely disorganized and lacks basic communication skills. Hard work is punished with more work, and laziness is rewarded by less work. Management prioritizes customers and sales over the employees 100% of the time. No work/life balance with scheduling. I’ve worked at several other Costco warehouses. None of them were as bad as Frisco. Work at any other Costco than this one.
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023Tire InstallerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great pay and benefits, keeps you active with opportunities to move up internally
Difficult to get time off approved. Changing schedules. Hard working, don’t really get breaks like you’re supposed to. Constantly short handed
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023Service Deli ClerkCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNashville, TN
Great benefits. Access to PTO after a year of working. Wonderful employees. Options to invest in Costco stock. 401k.
Poor managers. Hard to grow with the company because of seniority rules. Unrealistic job expectations throughout every department. Hard to get full-time hours. (goes based of seniority) Seems to be impossible to get a consistent schedule. Drama, Drama, & Drama.
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023ClerkFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSanta Maria, CA
No overtime, reasonable schedule, sunday is time and a half pay
Very seniority based at this location
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023Front End CashierFormer Employee
Costco has great benefits and pay
Costco just isn't the same as it was when I first started 4.5 years ago. Management needs to value employees more
Costco Wholesale Reviews FAQs
Costco Wholesale has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 16,451 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Costco Wholesale to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
75% of Costco Wholesale employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Costco Wholesale 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.