Coté Orphan Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Cote Orphan"

Current Employee - Vice President, Clinical Operations in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President, Clinical Operations in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coté Orphan Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Very skilled and productive regulatory consulting company working in the orphan drug development space. Dedicated, highly skilled and experienced staff who work well together on very challenging projects. If you like a fast paced environment and a great deal of responsibility early in your career this is the place for you.

Cons

There is no room at this company for those who are not immediately and continuously productive. Management style is no nonsense and meeting the client's needs is paramount.

Advice to Management

This is a start-up that needs time to fully develop its niche. Keep the faith, it will come.

2. "Company acquired by IQVIA"

I worked at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time

Pros

Has evolved into a more corporate environment, and Tim is no longer with the company.

Cons

Has evolved into a more corporate environment.

Advice to Management

Same as always - listen to the experienced junior managers who understand the industry.

"EQ v IQ"

I worked at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time

Pros

As a sole proprietorship, this was no better than a used car lot

Cons

The personal instability permeated the office environment.

Advice to Management

Don't give anybody else heart attacks

"Reg affairs"

Current Employee - Reg Affairs
    Current Employee - Reg Affairs

I have been working at Coté Orphan Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none, it’s a disaster

Cons

Quintiles did not do their homework, this monster makes Weinstien situation look like a Boy Scout. Sexual Harassment is rampant, hostile work environment, COO looks the other way, in fact the COO is just as bad because they enable this ongoing behavior. Based on the reviews this behavior has been ongoing for the past few years. CEO has no skills what so ever

Advice to Management

You may gotten millions, you need to hide it because there will be a class action lawsuit with at least 35 participants, he will be held accountable. To Quintiles what are you waiting for we need help here, as a public traded company you have an obligation to put this dumpster fire out.

"RUN AWAY!!!!!"

I worked at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time

Pros

Health benefits, but no one is around long enough to enjoy them.

Cons

Everything imaginable. Read all the other reviews. They are 100% correct regarding all the issues with the CEO.

Advice to Management

Needs major improvements

"Run the other way"

I worked at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time

Pros

100% paid health insurance benefits

Cons

Everything else. Leadership is terrible. CEO is a 4-year old, not a business person. The whole Orphan Drug Consulting world is shrinking and most companies can do it themselves for much cheaper.

Advice to Management

Diversify or die. Get Tim out of the everyday ops.

"Minefield!"

I have been working at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time

Pros

The people surround the CEO are great, though they have a tough job at minimizing his destructive and abusive behavior. It's a good place for young people to get their foot in the door, but beware of attaching yourself to this organization as most people in the biotech industry have an extremely unfavorable opinion of the CEO with good reason.

Cons

The CEO is toxic and abusive. He only has a couple of business relationships that have lasted for more than a year, because he destroys those relationships, and always blames someone else. He has no ability to think clearly, agree to reasonable expectations and timelines from his team, and manage. In his career with the government, he moved jobs every 1-2 years, which is a huge red flag, and all federal employees know exactly what that means. The yearly turnover rate is way beyond reason, and the CEO believes this to be healthy. He only tolerates management that enables him to manage in a schizophrenic manner. Lots of employees have been let go in abusive circumstances, where they have undergone weeks of shouting and personal insults before leaving. There are red flags all over this company.

"Abusive, back-stabbing culture"

I worked at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not applicable - a withering work environment that will derail your promising career trajectory. Consider yourself warned to entertain a position here.

Cons

CEO is a maniac & treats employees as expendable slaves - that's the theme that quickly emerges from previous posts. Unfortunately, it is a true depiction of the life of an employee at Coté Orphan. The company is up for acquisition and after a thorough deep dive most contenders have backed out. Although it serves a niche industry, the culture and cooking the books to appear desirable on paper is a sore sight. With a considerable drop in year-over-year sales, I urge the potential companies to complete their due diligence and bring to light the deficiencies ailing this organization. In spite of dismal past reviews, huge acquisition bonuses have been promised to lure-in new employees but the stint to prove self-worth is less than optimal. No companies or investors should ever find Cote Orphan a tolerable organization to partner with. Also, most contracts are sold on false terms to clients promising them designations and meetings which are seldom achieved. Overall, a very poorly run organization infested with disgruntled employees and an unhinged CEO in a stifling environment.

Advice to Management

No backbone in senior management to challenge the CEO to steer him on the right path.

"Recurring nightmare"

I have been working at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time

Pros

It seemed like a good idea at the time to join this company... A major pro is that the windows don't open wide enough to allow jumpers in this building.

Cons

This has been the worst "company" I have even worked at or heard of. They told me a nice story to get me in the door, but I can get out of here quick enough. The CEO is mentally unstable while also being an world class egomaniac. His expectations are unrealistic and he has no plan to acheive them on a monthly basis. The company is clearly being shopped for sale which makes the situation even more unstable. From what I have heard there has been a regular churn of employees for as long as this company has been in business due to the CEOs bad personality and constantly shifting plans.

Advice to Management

Just sell the company and quit abusing everyone around you.

"Solid place to work: great coworkers, great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Coté Orphan Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The dynamics of the office are great. It's small and cordial - everyone knows and is friendly with one another. These relationships are fostered by staff events and lunches. It's nice to work with people you consider your friends.
    -The pay and benefits are stellar. No office is perfect, but lack of compensation is definitely not an issue at Cote Orphan. The company is profitable and that reflects in employee compensation. Generous leave and vacation policy. Free health insurance. 5% 401K match.
    -The work we do is important. I think most people in the office are professionally fulfilled. There is opportunity for advancement. Cote Orphan also offers very generous tuition assistance if you decide to pursue a degree that will benefit the company.

Cons

-There is some office drama. However... this is present in every office. And honestly, I've experienced much worse. Cote Orphan is genuinely a nice place to work, with nice people... and at the end of the day, I really do think that Tim is a good guy who cares about his employees and wants the entire team to succeed together.
    -There is substantial turnover. However, this is being addressed, I think to the benefit of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep feeling out improvements that will help grow the company. You're doing a great job and we all appreciate you. I think Cote Orphan is still having some growing pains, but it's on the precipice of recognizing its full potential as a company. Looking forward to 2017 and all it has to offer for us.