Cotiviti Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

3.3
Cotiviti President and Chief Executive Officer Emad Rizk, M.D.
Emad Rizk, M.D.
Pros
  • "Work from home available but nowadays there's an issue(in 40 reviews)

• "Dynamic work environment intersecting technology with Healthcare(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay- the company changed our pay structure causing all the auditors to take a huge pay cut(in 31 reviews)

• "Clients, upper management, work load(in 17 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Retrieval Agent in McKinney, TX

I worked at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

Great company to work entry level

Cons

Mobility could be better but still decent.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Medical Records Retrieval Agent in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

Might have to go back to the office

January 11, 2021VP, Employee Experience

Thanks for giving such a high rating for your experience at Cotiviti. Many employees will agree with you that "work from home is great." Of course, the global pandemic forced many changes on us that we did not expect. Cotiviti's infrastructure and facilities teams worked very hard to enable work from home for more than 5,000 employees over the last two weeks of March 2020. It was an thrilling and compelling experiment, and many of our business units have thrived in the new environment. It is true, however, that some of our roles were not designed as remote. Some of these may return on premise fully, some in hybrid, and some may remain remote. It's not clear to us the best course of action just yet. We are maintaining a conservative and careful approach in returning people to our physical locations. If you have ideas or concerns about this, we encourage you to discuss them with your manager or your HR business partner. Of course, you can always connect with me as will (jimmy.rose@cotiviti.com). Thank you for all you do!

"Good employer"

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work/life balance, good benefits, diversity, telework, compensation

Cons

micromanaging lack of training general bureaucracy recycled technology

December 29, 2020VP, Employee Experience

We appreciate you taking time to offer some thoughts on your experience at Cotiviti. Serving our company for more than 10 years is certainly an achievement worthy of thanks. We are glad that you've chosen to build your career with us. Thank you for mentioning our successful approach to work-life integration. We have worked hard for many years to build a value proposition that is meaningful to our team members. You've mentioned "lack of training" as something that could be improved. During 2020, we launched four development programs through our Learning & Development department - this is in addition to the multiple functional and technical offerings already part of our day-to-day training. We also released a series of trainings to help build understanding across all of our products and services. From a corporate perspective, we are delivering a lot of training opportunities through L&D, not including the many workshops we hold for team effectiveness. We hope you will discuss your specific training and development desires with your manager as part of the regular performance review process. Aligning your development desires with the company's needs and resources is an important part of that discussion. Thank you for your continued service. We appreciate all you do!

4. "Good company mediocre middle management, CEO makes up for it... very positive guy/ team"

Current Employee - DRG Validation Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote, Autonomy, keeping/enhancing clinical knowledge without being clinical

Cons

Productivity pressures, IT applications that are problematic, direct supervisor with no acute care experience/micromanages needlessly.... Salary could be better but is adequate for a remote position....

December 29, 2020VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about Cotiviti. We are very glad to see that you hope to stay a part of the team for a long time. We certainly hope that our employees feel that they are part of a community and that their work here is impactful and important. It is true that in many of our roles, the volume and speed of output is an important factor. Our clients often need results very quickly in order to preserver their own service standards. This is often outside of our control and is simply part of the landscape of our service offering. We encourage you to report any problems with IT applications or our infrastructure so that they can be addressed through the ticketing system. This is the surest way for them to get attention. Thank you for all you do!

5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

Good processes and healthy pipeline

Cons

Large offshore presence makes work seem disengaging

December 14, 2020VP, Employee Experience

We appreciate you sharing your views on Cotiviti. Thank you for mentioning that we have strong operational rigor and great opportunities in the market. Despite the pandemic, we believe that there remains a strong case for the value that Cotiviti creates for its clients. While it can be challenging to engage with a global workforce, we believe all of our teams, no matter where they are located, bring enormous talent to our business. The pandemic has created unique challenges for our team members in India and Nepal, but everyone has pulled together to continue serving our clients with great results. We encourage you to get to know our global team members as well those you meet in Atlanta. Thank you for all you do!

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - RCA Team Lead in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working in operations we have been lead by many great leaders each one focusing on something new to enhance the company. All successful in their own way.

Cons

Several benefit packages to choose from but family coverage is expensive but still comparable to other companies.

December 7, 2020VP, Employee Experience

We appreciate you leaving a review on Cotiviti. Thank you for your many years of service to our company and for building value for our clients. Thank you for noting the strengths of our leaders, especially in the RCA (Retrospective Claims Accuracy) division. As an employee with us for 8 to 10 years, you've certainly seen many changes and experienced the growth in opportunity and reach that has occurred, especially in the last 6. Although change can be unnerving, we thank you for remaining part of the team. Your comment about benefits is noted. Family coverage can be expensive, and we do try to mitigate the cost by offering several different plans to fit the needs of your family and your budget. We have focused on limiting cost increases to our employees while premiums continue to rise across the market. This is also why we fund employee Health Savings Accounts each year. Thank you for all you do!

7. "Work..life..balance"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

Great place overall to work

Cons

None at this time .

December 7, 2020VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking a moment to share your views on Cotiviti. We appreciate your enthusiastic recognition that Cotiviti is a great place to work. Undoubtedly, as time wears on, you will find ways that we can improve. As you discover those things, please discussion them with your manager, with your HR business partner, or the Employee Experience team. The Cotiviti Employee Committee will be launching an on-line "suggestion box" soon, so please feel free to use that as well. Let's get better every day. Thank you for all you do!

8. "Alright company"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time for more than a year

Pros

good work life balance management supression latest technologies

Cons

uncertainity, internal politics, hiring firing

December 14, 2020VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking time to share your views. It is good to hear that you found value in what we do to create healthy work/life integration. The pandemic and our response has certainly made things difficult and different, and we have made efforts to demonstrate how much we value our employees. For example, we expanded our wellness offerings over the summer, instituted a series of virtual coffee breaks, lunch-and-learns, increased communication from senior leadership, and ran quite a few virtual events. We have sought feedback from employees through surveys and round tables, launched 4 new development series from our learning team, and forestalled the trend of massive layoffs that we have seen across industries all over the world. We certainly hope you find a level of employee centricity in your next role that meets your needs. We wish you the best of luck.

9. "Medical Coding"

Current Employee - Medical Coder in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

Best management team To work with

Cons

No current cons to share

November 16, 2020VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for your kind words about Cotiviti. While no company is perfect in all respects, we appreciate that you've highlighted our management team as a positive aspect. In 2020 we launched several personal and leadership development courses, and we feel they are having a strong effect on the way we lead. We hope that you will continue having experiences worth sharing and that you will grow in your pride for our company and the value that we create for our clients. Thank you for all you do!

"Worst job ever!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Payment Specialist in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible hours, compensation isn’t bad but the BS out ways that...

Cons

Where to start... unprofessional leadership, you have to part of the in-crowd to be recognized. Let’s just say being a good and adaptable gets you no where.

December 14, 2020VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking a moment to share your views on Cotiviti. We appreciate the value you created at our company while you were here. It is unfortunate that you left with such a negative opinion. Employees always have the opportunity to speak with their manager, their HR business partner, or the anonymous employee hotline to discuss problems they find in their work environments. It is unfortunate that you did not choose to use any of the avenues to help solve the issues you've described. In a company as large as Cotiviti, there are managers with many different levels of experience and effectiveness. We do our utmost to train and coach our leaders. Each of us is on a journey of maturity, learning, and experience. Hopefully, in your next role you will find exactly what you are looking for in a management team. We wish you the best of luck.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 English Reviews