Cotiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Cotiviti Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2019

2.4
Cotiviti CEO Emad Rizk, M.D. (no image)
Emad Rizk, M.D.
Pros
  • "provides work from home easily and is very transparent(in 33 reviews)

• "Dynamic work environment intersecting technology with Healthcare(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay- the company changed our pay structure causing all the auditors to take a huge pay cut(in 31 reviews)

• "I was let go after devoting more than 10 years to iHT, Connolly & Cotiviti(in 15 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Process Improve in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cotiviti part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None - that is my opinion

Cotiviti2019-10-08

October 14, 2019VP, Employee Experience

We appreciate your positive opinion and outlook for Cotiviti. Let's keep working to reshape the economics of health care.

2. "Fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Draper, UT

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free lunch on Wednesdays Lots of company activities throughout the year Swing-shift schedule works well with school schedule Awesome co-workers, friendly employees Great benefits like 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, and health insurance

Cons

Pay needs to be more competitive

Advice to Management

Increase starting pay, especially in entry level and lower management positions Continue to show support, recognition and gratitude to employees

Cotiviti2019-10-13

October 14, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We agree that Cotiviti is intentional about making our environment a place where it is easy to integrate your personal life and career. The results of our recent "What Matters to You" survey show that we are succeeding in several areas related to work/life balance, and it helped us see some areas where we can continue to improve, like our recognition programs. Stay tuned for new developments starting in 2020 that give additional options for managers to show their gratitude to their teams.

"Stressful Production Based Job"

Former Employee - RN REMOTE in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Cotiviti full-time for less than a year

Pros

Medical and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance

Cons

If you want a work from home job, look elsewhere unless you want daily stress and being in jeopardy of losing your job every day. You are expected to process at least 100-120 claims per hour with at least 95% accuracy. Claims are in depth and 120 claims/hour is 2 claims/minute. It is simple unrealistic and unreasonable to do this amount of claims/hour. This also is really not fair to the MD/providers whose claims... are being reviewed. It is impossible to be this fast and accurate/thorough. If you don't meet this metrix after the first month you go "live" you risk losing your job. Daily stress. No work/life balance. If you want a work from home nurse job, look elsewhere. There are many this day and time that are better quality, with more pay and less stress elsewhere.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep seasoned nurses with years of clinical experience, don't expect them to do 120 claims/hour and threaten them with termination/probation if they do not reach this unrealistic goal. As long as you do this you will have constant employee turnover.

Cotiviti2019-09-22

September 30, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at Cotiviti. It is true that not all work environments suit everyone's needs, and this level of accountability can be stressful for some people. We exercise high production standards for both throughput and quality because that is what our clients and the market demand. We wish you the best of luck in finding a role that better suits your needs.

"Turning the Corner"

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Passionate employees - Challenging work - always changing - Most knowledge workforce in the industry - Positive leadership

Cons

- Recent layoffs have had a negative impact on morale, but leadership is making strides to address. - Too many people work from home. This is causing a lack of team work, knowledge sharing and accountability.

Advice to Management

Hold the course. Continue to invest in opportunities that will allow the combined organization reach its potential.

Cotiviti2019-08-20

August 21, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for posting this encouraging review of our company. We agree that the changes in our organizational structure have had a wide effect. While we are committed to offering work-from-home arrangements that make us an appealing employer, we are working on creating helpful policies that promote direct employee connections. As the needs of our clients change, so must our workforce. It is likely that we will continue to look for the best team members no matter where they are located, making remote workers a permanent fixture of our company.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - MIPS Agent I in Draper, UT

I worked at Cotiviti full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing at all not even the free food.

Cons

Literally everything this place is toxic

Advice to Management

MANAGERS CHOOSE FAVORITES , BED BUG INFESTED , CRACK HEAD CENTRAL STAY AWAY! )this company will seem like its amazing at first it’s all smoke and mirrors don’t believe it, the work environment Is toxic and will wear you down , the Team leads choose favorites and will back stab other employees so their favorites can get further ahead . They allow drug addicts to work here and don’t do anything about it even when... informed , I was told by my TL “we know she does pills and is always high but she works so we can’t do anything about it “ excuse me what?! . NOTHING is private or personal here , if anything happens to you at work ( write ups , warnings ect ) the team leads will tell the other team leads and other employees, they love to gossip here! . The whole building has been infested with bed bugs for MONTHS and they just barely did something and just barely told us about the problem . I got written up for things I DID’NT EVEN DO and when I tried to stand up for myself I was told I was lying and they had to write me up to “cover their buns “ MIND YOU you are supposed to get a VERBAL first before a write up but they skipped that part with me, managers will lie to weed out employees who aren’t their favorites and will make your whole experience terrible.

Cotiviti2019-09-13

September 16, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is regrettable that your experience at Cotiviti was so negative. Your concerns could have been directed to your manager, to your HR business partner, or to the anonymous employee concern hotline. The behaviors that you describe are not those that we strive to support, and they are not indicative of the culture we are building at Cotiviti. We wish you luck in your next role.

"Ups and downs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team, great client, happy with pay and benefits. Get to work autonomously. My direct manager is very supportive. I get to learn new things every day which I love.

Cons

Do not understand why management thinks giving recognition to the same 5 people all the time is motivational. Having worked very hard for many years training and mentoring and working at a very high level means nothing because I am not a “favorite”. It is demoralizing beyond belief. So many of us work so hard and go above and beyond only to NEVER get any special recognition. It makes me feel like leaving a job I... love sometimes.

Advice to Management

If you are only going to recognize a few people over and over then maybe it would be better to not recognize anyone.

Cotiviti2019-07-10

July 19, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for your review of Cotiviti. It is encouraging to hear from employees who love their work. The comment about inequity in recognition is troubling, and we encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner about this issue.

"Company Produces Great End Product, But Does Not Take Care of Employees"

Former Employee - Engineer in Wilton, CT

I worked at Cotiviti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Industry leader in claims processing Good work experience Career progression, if you're lucky enough to move through the ranks and deal with micromanaging.

Cons

Tons of micromanagement Terrible benefits and work life balance for the role. Expect to work every day, night, and almost every weekend for many roles. Terrible pay for role Bonuses and compensation well below market average. No Sick Time. Company slyly rolled in PTO and Sick Time, but did not increase "days off." Education/Training reimbursement is almost impossible to get.

Advice to Management

Increase salary compensation Increase bonuses Add stock options as compensation Add in better Sick Time or greatly increase PTO/time off to say competitive in the industry

Cotiviti2019-07-26

July 30, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for posting a review. We are happy to hear that you value the work experience you gained at Cotiviti. We appreciate your comments about compensation and benefits. Perceptions about these two important topics are valuable. Please understand that our Compensation team spends a great deal of time and energy researching salaries, and we are confident that we are accurately compensating roles in relation to the local market and to the value associated with the role to the company. Bonuses and other forms of incentive compensation are also thoroughly researched. Sick and vacation were not "slyly" rolled together. A single bucket for paid time off (PTO) is commonplace, and the number of days offered based on tenure ranges from market standard to generous. Combined with our liberal policies related to various kinds of leave (both paid and un-paid), this benefit is typically rated very highly by our employees. We are sorry that your expectations were not met, but I am confident they did not change during your tenure nor were you lied to during the hiring process. We hope that you find a role in another organization that meets your needs. Best of luck to you.

8. "Leader in healthcare claims accuracy"

Current Employee - Payment Accuracy Specialist in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of areas of business Opportunities to discover new areas of potential revenues Team oriented Quarterly bonuses

Cons

Current consolidating and some trimming of areas of business. Additional global workforce hiring opposed to local.

Advice to Management

Allow opportunity for more advancement without the pressure of only focusing on budget and hitting numbers on a daily, weekly, monthly goal.

Cotiviti2019-06-25

July 1, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for your very balanced review of Cotiviti. We agree that there are a lot of new areas of opportunity within the Cotiviti business. There are also areas we are working to improve, including professional advancement. We appreciate your ability to see the bigger picture.

"Stay Away at least for now"

Former Employee - Data Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging work, a chance to learn a lot about ETL and Adhoc reporting across many databases. Some opportunities for remote work, depending on your role. Local Team morale was good, had many talented coworkers and the local supervisors were as helpful as they could be given the work environment.

Cons

Unfortunately the senior leadership seems confused about the direction of the company. After 4.5 years with the company I think we reorganized almost as many times as years I was an employee. Ancient technology stack, a creeping offshoring of jobs, an obvious disconnect between local management and the senior leadership team. Continuous exodus of the talented people make team coherence almost impossible.

Advice to Management

This is no way to run a railroad. Everyone realizes employee salaries are big part of company expenses and slashing them is a good way to make your cashflow look good but treating employees as expendable assets is a bad idea in the long run.

Cotiviti2019-07-15

July 19, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for your comments. We agree that Cotiviti offers many professional challenges that grow one's skills and capabilities. Earlier this year we communicated our strategic priorities for the enterprise, and we are working relentlessly to reach our goals for market penetration. Our recent client conference demonstrated an active market interest in our increasing portfolio of products and services. While the merger integration included in a reorganization that resulted in the loss of some roles across all of our geographies, we have been and continue to hire in the US. and other locations. Our employees are vital to our enterprise. It is unfortunate that you characterize yourself as an asset rather than a member of the team. We hope you find a better sense of belonging in your next role.

"Think twice before coming here"

Current Employee - Operations Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, Work from home flexibility, company breakfast

Cons

Horrible management, No room for growth, and raises are minimal

Cotiviti2019-06-18

June 20, 2019VP, Employee Experience

Thank you for the feedback. Operations is one of the largest and fastest evolving areas of the company. If you're not comfortable speaking with your manager about your growth opportunities, we encourage you to do so with your HR Business Partner, particularly as we approach mid-year.

Found 214 reviews