Cotiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Cotiviti Reviews

Updated May 23, 2018

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

2.9
Doug Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible hours make for good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Located Downtown, Flexible schedule, Team Atmosphere, Collaboration Encouraged, Clear Paths to Promotion (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Management has little to no experience (in 10 reviews)

• As for the training they will throw you in the water with little to no training and blame you for things that are out of your control (in 9 reviews)

"Auditor"

Current Employee - Auditor in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Auditor in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

environment, management, colleagues, learning, flexibility

Cons

compensation, transparency, training, advancement, N/A

Cotiviti Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback!

2. "Great Place to Work but...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work remotely on a weekly bias and quiet environment for critical thinking

Cons

Management are dishonest about future business inquires,

Advice to Management

Communication is key.

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a bad place to work right out of college if you have little to no professional experience and are trying to get into healthcare auditing industry. The people you would be working with are all very friendly and easy going.

Cons

Starting compensation is unimpressive and you can expect small increase in salary at year's end (aside from promotional raises). Little room for career advancement if you are not buddies with management. Since going public in 2016, management has been incessant on constant change with little regard for those actually doing the day-to-day work, creating a very chaotic work environment

"Meh"

Current Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office downtown, good location
    Decent time off and benefits package, except health insurance is pretty pricy.
    Open floor plan in the office vs cubicles
    Relaxed dress code and ability to listen to headphones

Cons

What they call Flex Time is not really Flex Time.
    Training is non-existent yet you’re expected to perform the same as someone who has been there for 10 yrs
    Company should pay for parking. They don’t.
    Very weird vibe inside the office doors. Not much interaction, good old boys club exists and morale is extremely low.
    HR has no presence and is very hard to even get responses from when in need.
    Management is awful. No knowledge of the business or even of the people they manage.
    High turnover
    Systems are antiquated as hell

Advice to Management

When everyone starts running for the door to go elsewhere, take a hint. Something is broken. No matter how much feedback is given from employees to HR and others, nothing ever changes. People just keep leaving and no one cares. Maybe start taking it seriously and try to care and make some moves. People don’t even try to speak up anymore because it doesn’t matter to anyone.

"Not a lot of opportunity"

Former Employee - Payment Accuracy Specialist in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Payment Accuracy Specialist in McKinney, TX

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in your work week hours, casual dress.

Cons

Lack of strong leadership, reactionary/blame culture, nepotism, lack of accountability. Low morale and high turnover. A college degree is not valued at this company. We are not in high school people.

Advice to Management

Promote and retain employees who are actually capable of doing their jobs. Empower employees, don't micro-manage them. Instill an atmosphere of trust.

"specialist"

Former Employee - Specialist in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

free food from senior management lunches/ brunches/ meetings

Cons

When a company has really bad and really good reviews on glassdoor you know that HR is posting the good reviews (just like HR is only commenting on the “good reviews”). This company reminds me of door 237 from steven king’s book- the aura is such a strange/ negative environment. When you interview with them they come off really nice but as time goes on that changes. It’s as if people on your team and your managers watch you struggle and let it happen. They are extremely two faced and fake in that they will be nice and spike conversations with you but secretly they want you to do bad and fail- it’s because the company has set an extremely lethal competitive culture. If you’re on a team where there is not much opportunity then your job security will be extremely low. You should start looking for a new job. I know people who have had stress issues/ anxiety because of this corporate job, and the insurance is expensive so just look for another job. They will make up rules out of thin air for each person.

Advice to Management

I don’t think management will change- it’s the nature of their business. They want as much revenue as possible to cash in their million dollars, but if you’re looking for jobs avoid this place

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Auditor I in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Auditor I in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like my job. The work is challenging but the pay is great.

Cons

Changes since the company went public has hurt the moral in my opinion.

"Great Company, Too Bad Its Like Highschool"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing hours, challenging work, good benefits

Cons

Clique-like atmosphere, managers are allowed to treat employees however they feel without repercussions.

Advice to Management

Be careful that you do not lose good employee because of the pettiness of lower level managers. I was considered a star employee until I was placed under a new team lead. They allowed her to make my job miserable and I was ultimately let go. They did not care that I have a son battling cancer, they just sided with her even though there is evidence that she os actually the problem.

"BI Analyst"

Former Employee - BI Developer/Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - BI Developer/Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Remote work - Flexibility

Cons

Managers Playing Favorites,
    Management no knowledge on subject, Team Management

Advice to Management

The survey doesn't make any different and good employees are leaving because of the low level management bad decisions.

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are determined to work for this company the bright side is that the hours are very flexible and there is an opportunity for partially working from home.

Cons

I have been in IT development for over 25 years and this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for, and frankly, can imagine. There is a limited onshore staff of developers as most development is done offshore. The onshore developers are spread thin among various projects and as a result have developed a very self centered culture. They don't feel that they are part of a team and need to work collaboratively in any way. Most have been with the company for 15 years or more and are still writing code the same way they were when they were junior developers and are happy doing so. They have no desire to improve. They are very unfriendly and the company perpetuates this by the way annual reviews are done. There is peer review and increases are based on a curve so there is a lot of incentive to tear your co-workers down. Especially since the company is tight when it comes to salary and increases for developers. Annual increases of 1% are common with no bonus. IT decisions are driven by a handful of business executives who are frankly unqualified to make such decisions but won't let go of the power that they have enjoyed since the company was founded. Offshore development is slow and sub-par and the environment is generally toxic and demoralizing. If you strive to do anything well don't take this job. If you don't mind working on uninspired code, letting your skills erode, aren't expecting to interact with your co-workers in any positive way, and like the idea of flexibility in your hours then this job is for you.