Cotiviti Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Doug Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible hours make for good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible hours, likeable leadership, plenty of opportunity if you want but a very decent salary if you just want to keep your head low and audit (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Management has little to no experience (in 10 reviews)

• As for the training they will throw you in the water with little to no training and blame you for things that are out of your control (in 7 reviews)

"Auditor"

Current Employee - Auditor in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Auditor in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time

Pros

environment, management, colleagues, learning, flexibility

Cons

compensation, transparency, training, advancement, N/A

Cotiviti Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback!

"Mixed bag"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Cotiviti (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers and great schedule. Good amount of days off

Cons

Bad insurance plans. Management seems to have very little respect for their employees who earn the company all their money. They got a huge tax break and ended up giving out tiny cost of living raises many of which were below the inflation rate which to many people who work there showed that we are unvalued employees and that we might as well just look outside of the company if we want to be compinated for how well we do our jobs.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more. Have better training. Make work from home avaliable to everyone who can feasibly work from home (audit staff, it, etc). If you’re going to pay us below what we are worth at least have more free benefits at the office (free fruit for example)

"Don't get your hopes too high."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company pays for a monthly parking pass.
    Employer contributes to HSA account if you have a high deductible plan.
    Medical benefits are affordable for a single person with no major health issues.

Cons

There is very little training and employees are expected to figure things out on their own. If you get it wrong you will be reprimanded and if you ask too many questions you will be reprimanded.
    There is at least a 40% chance you will report to a supervisor/manager who will tell you to do something (or not to do something) and then later get mad at you following their advice.
    There is a clique that runs this office; if you are in that clique you will love working here and you will be set up for advancing within the company. Otherwise there is very little opportunity for advancement in the Salt Lake office.
    The Salt Lake office is so small that we have no on-site HR or IT employees.
    HR is very disorganized; in the past year bonuses were calculated incorrectly for employees who got promoted, time keeping changes were presented in a manner that left a lot of employees confused, and PTO balances were not rolled over from 2017-2018 correctly. I would go into more detail about my personal experience with HR but I want this review to stay anonymous.

Advice to Management

There must to be a better way to make employees feel appreciated and recognize them for the work they do well.
    Stop allowing favoritism to happen it results in a lot of talent is being wasted in this office.

"Overall good company to start out working for"

Former Employee - Auditor
    Former Employee - Auditor

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the culture of the company

Cons

Nothing really bad to say

"Steer Clear"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people. that’s about it. flexibility used to be a pro now they are turning more into the typical corporate big corporation type company where they only care about the bottom line.

Cons

only promote white people mostly. usually frat type guys. nepotism is everywhere. same people get promoted every year. you have people here less than 2 years that are managers now just because they are liked and are poster boys. most people are super underpaid and work is always backed up and people are over worked. yearly increases are HORRIBLE and the same people making all the money keep making all the money. also, no bonuses for most people that do the grunt work and managers and SLT team reaps all the rewards.

Advice to Management

hire more people of color and minorities. if you go on halogen you can see that it’s mighty white towards the top and in positions of leadership. also, stop promoting the same people, stop the nepotism, pay us what we deserve, and maybe the turn over rate wouldn’t be so high. you are losing tons of talent due to your lack of fairness and it’s noticeable. lastly, it’s quite frustrating hearing about all the money this company makes and seeing people get 3 percent merit increases. do better don’t just say you care, act like it. CEO makes 8 million im sure you could pay people more competitively.

6. "Cotiviti Company Review"

Current Employee - Payment Acccuracy Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Payment Acccuracy Specialist I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cotiviti is one of the best places I've ever worked at for teamwork. It's not just lip service here - It's absolutely encouraged and achieved. All of the employees I work with are more than willing to help if you have a question - You'll usually get multiple people willing to help at the same time. There is active mentoring and everyone is so friendly to one another.
    The promotions are amazing - usually you receive an increase in salary of at least 24-25% with each level you rise up.

Cons

In the past, management has had a tendency to play favorites. There also seems to all employees not part of management, that organizational structure changes are made when the current structure is working better than it ever has.

Advice to Management

Keep highlighting, celebrating and sharing achievements of employees to all. This boosts morale more than almost anything.

"Great place to work for career progression"

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cotiviti offers a positive environment to work in especially if you're looking for a start in career progression. Everyone is highly motivated to succeed both on the individual and team level. Management has a strong commitment to helping their employees reach their goals for professional development.

Cons

The onboarding process can be challenging if you're a new person joining a growing team.

Advice to Management

Onboard/transition could be more formal/structured.

Cotiviti Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pride in professional development for our employees. In regards to on-boarding, we're working on a more formalized/structured program in 2018. Stay tuned!... More

"Seriously Disappointed - A great job ruined by management"

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Management has little to no experience.
    The discrimination and clique-like culture is reminiscent of high school.

Advice to Management

Have a serious talk with some of your employees. Since the company has gone public, the morale has tanked along with all of the amazing reasons I agreed to work for Cotiviti. Have HR seriously address the outright racism that is running rampant. You have people of color with the education, experience and drive being pigeonholed by people that are ruining your company.

"It used to be so much better"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Cotiviti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are very knowledgeable and eager to help.

Cons

Technology, lack of a cohesive forward vision, perpetual fire drills, chaotic work environment. No one wants to own anything. Business decisions not based on any statistical analysis

Advice to Management

take better care of your people and pay closer attention to who is being hired in a leadership role

"Stay Away from Cotiviti IT & Engineering Jobs"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cotiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not too bad of a place to start your IT career if you are interested in learning MS SQL or Business Analyst. Stay for 1 year then leave. Some of the sr. business leaders are very competent and pleasant to work with.

Cons

With regards to IT-- 1980s technology. They'd like to upgrade systems but can't get out of their own way ("IT Transformation" has been underway for 2 years and still has NOT delivered any new business value) . With regards to IT management-- inexperienced IT sr. leaders (directors, VPs, CIO) that do not lead towards strategic goals; only focuses on the tactical / crisis mgmt.

Advice to Management

Cut bait, cash in your stock options and let Doug Williams hire experienced IT professionals to take over.