Cottonwood Treatment Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2016

Found 8 reviews

2.3
Phil Hickmon
  1. "Never worked at Cottonwood.... I worked at. Children's Hospital housekeeping and St Vincent's housekeeping."

I worked at Cottonwood Treatment Center

Pros

Helping others in their time of need. I love to help others in any way that I can. That is what the Lord would want us to do and that is to help others and comfort and encourage them when their hurting from a loved one.

Cons

I hope there isn't any.....only positive things in this company. I hope that there is compassionate employees and all management. And pays the employees well with benefits. That will keep your employees their for a lifetime and not or if any overturns. The families and loved one love to have the same loving and caring plus compassion for those they love dearly....

Advice to Management

Hope that Management is their to help employees when they need assistance in a question or any situation. Doing it out of love and compassion for others.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2015-09-21
    • "Disorganized-but the people made it great place to work"

Former Employee - Mental Health Worker in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Cottonwood Treatment Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people-management and staff, were amazing and genuinely cared for the residents.

Cons

It was disorganized-rules and consequences varied depending on who you were talking to to.

Advice to Management

Develop and enforce clear rules

Cottonwood Treatment Center2016-05-23

"This company needs a complete overhaul from the CEO to the supervisors. Very unprofessional in most of their dealings."

I worked at Cottonwood Treatment Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The workers care about the kids.

Cons

All Universal Health/Cottonwood cares about is profit, not the kids. The management is terrible, disorganized, and unprofessional. The turnover is over the top from lack of management. Loved to see the State come in and take a closer look. There salaries are not competitive with the rest of the valley.

Advice to Management

New management and higher wages. Care more about the kids than profit.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2015-03-08

"RN"

I worked at Cottonwood Treatment Center

Pros

Some co-workers. It's a great place if you smoke. You can spend 40 minutes off the unit puffing away while the other staff takes care of your patients.

Cons

Management. Terrible place to work, turnover is high, if they don't like you they will squeeze you out.

Advice to Management

Can't trust some managers as they are friends with staff and don't keep anything confidential. If you can't trust your management you're in trouble.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2015-01-30

"Challenging Environment"

I worked at Cottonwood Treatment Center

Pros

Descent Pay. Free meals. PTO after 90 days.

Cons

Stressful, poorly managed environment. Not enough training.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2014-10-29

"Horrible place to work."

Current Employee - Mental Health Worker in Murray, UT

I have been working at Cottonwood Treatment Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch that is about it. Some of the staff cared a lot, most of the people I met though, hadn't worked a year. VERY HIGH TURNOVER.

Cons

Building too small for the amount of kids there, tiny place. Warehousing kids. Not enough staff, dangerous which causes injurires some are serious to the point of being disabled from working there. Don't know how any of them are getting any help with how bad the behaviors are of some of the kids. No breaks, including the bathroom and they constantly try to call you in on your days off. I am a veteran mental health care...

Advice to Management

Either get another facility to house that many kids or have less kids. Make sure that there is enough staff to take care of the kids, it is unsafe.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2014-01-10

"A great place to help kids and work..."

Current Employee - Mental Health Worker in South Salt Lake, UT

Pros

They really care about the staff and the kids. The CEO has put a lot into the building and into our programming over the past year. The kids are so much happier.

Cons

The pressures and lack of time to get things done....

Advice to Management

More staff to help us.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2013-10-12

"Terrible place to work."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Cottonwood Treatment Center full-time

Pros

Good hours and good pay. Loved the other employees I worked with.

Cons

They admit residents who do not belong there. They do not have enough staff to control the residents. They are not able to treat most of the residents because many are so out of control they take up all the time. Management care only about the money. The work and living conditions are poor.

Advice to Management

Move to an appropriate building. Hire more staff. Start focusing on patient care not money.

Cottonwood Treatment Center2013-10-07