Coty Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Coty CEO Pierre Laubies
Pierre Laubies

"Marketing director"

I have been working at Coty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Entrepeneurial drive, passionale environment challenging everyday. Energetic

Cons

Not very structured But getting betterr. Highly demanding, sometimes Can be worning out.

Advice to Management

talent management and career paté is critical to retain best resources. Clear vision and portfolio strategy will be to win in Highy competitive environment.

Coty2016-05-28

Coty Response

June 13, 2016Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review – we really appreciate it. We routinely share our employee comments via Glassdoor with our leadership team so they have better insights into concerns and areas.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Coty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing good comes to mind.

Cons

I have never worked in such an unhelpful environment. Truly energy zapping.

Advice to Management

Team work should actually mean something - you talk the talk, but you implement nothing.

Coty2019-05-23

"Used to be a great place to work... Now.... stay away"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Coty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits. Up until recently ( last 2 years) everyone was working towards the same goals and objectives and collaborated as a team. Yes of course there was complaining here and there but in the end we all made it happen!

Cons

Coty no longer values it's resources, only the bottom line. Whole departments are being eliminated and as a result required tasks are not being carried out due to "lack of resources"

Advice to Management

Stop being penny wise and dollar foolish, the salaries you are cutting are impacting your bottom line in a negative way. Motivate your employees to want to make the company a success

Coty2018-11-24

"the worst company to work for..."

Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I worked at Coty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NONE... maybe that you get free perfumes once in a while

Cons

They are only interested in the bottom line of the company, they continue to buy brands but do not invest in their people... more brands/work same team...

Coty2017-10-23

"Initiative Leader"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Coty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance and flexibility. Fair base pay. Very nice office space in NY. Many nice coworkers trying to please the leadership.

Cons

Communication is not very good. Upper management doesn't seem to care about employees and seems like they want people to quit.

Advice to Management

Show the employees that you value what they are doing and actually want them to be here

Coty2017-09-16

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Coty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Summer Fridays, competitive benefits and 401k. A collection of great brands with great potential IF not mismanaged as is happening now.

Cons

Short term thinking towards the goal of securing bonuses. Massive downsizing happening now leaving insufficient resources to deliver unrealistic business plans. Key technical systems software is a mess.

Advice to Management

Less reliance on consultants and their advice. After all, employees do the work and will be around long after the consultants collect their checks. Place more value on your people (people and their value to Coty is not even mentioned as a specific value in "the Coty values"). It's not all about the bonus and cost cutting.

Coty2017-07-11

"RUN! DON'T HIDE!"

I have been working at Coty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ONLY pro's are summer Fridays and week off between Christmas and New Years.

Cons

Work life balance is poor. New CEO is nothing more than a fall guy for Chairman. He will be blamed for plumetting sales and will be fired albeit it is the chairman's mess. Brands are in a complete state of disaray. Stock is falling faster than the Dow in 2008. Company is an absolute disaster right now. HR people have quit. Layoffs just started in the US and of course nothing is happening in Europe due to tight labor laws....

Advice to Management

Focus on building brands and not trying to cost cut your way to properity but surely that won't happen with current chairman as that is all he knows hot to do. This isn't Reckitt Benckiser. We sell dreams with our brands. They are no longer aspirational.

Coty2017-03-01

"Marketing Director in NYC"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Coty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Long term this will be an attractive beauty company and employer again. For the next 12-18 months Coty will go through a fundamental transition given the merger with P&G's beauty brands. Pros used to be good benefits and work-life balance and exciting brands to work on. as well as a can do spirit.

Cons

The company has been a mess since a poorly executed IPO in 2013 and a related and even poorer executed restructuring and downsizing in 2014 - it's a shadow of what it was in the mid to late 00' and the couple of years leading up to the IPO. Most senior managers (with exceptions) very much only care about their own bonuses and not much about advancing talent or sufficiently sharing the fruits of some very fat years. ...

Advice to Management

Hire a permanent CEO that is a visionary and most important a people person that can energize and unite a tired and exhausted workforce. Then build a new culture that is about your employees as much as it will be about your brands and consumers.

Coty2015-11-16

Coty Response

November 18, 2015Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for your candid feedback. It helps us to improve the overall employee experience at COTY. We will share your comments with our leadership team so they have better insights into concerns and areas for improvement.

"Lacks a strong vision or culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Coty full-time

Pros

Great product discount. Very analytical company. Great at innovation

Cons

Not so good at sustaining or building brands. Also, company lacks a strong culture or vision. In addition, organization is very clicky, and it's really about who you know to succeed.

Advice to Management

Management needs to focus more on implementing a strategic vision and culture, besides making money. Improve on talent development and have more female leaders in your organization.

Coty2014-11-07

"Excellent in process and operations. Management lacks kindness and a soul."

Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Coty full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of innovation happens here. Will learn lots.

Cons

Poor succession planning or care for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Take seriously that young people want to progress in their jobs.

Coty2013-08-10