Coty Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Camillo Pane

Pros
  • Flexiblitiy in work - life balance, and agility in decision making (in 25 reviews)

• summer fridays and holiday schedule is better than most other companies (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance was tough at times (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management has no clue what they are doing or what the people they boss around are doing (in 17 reviews)

1. "regional leader"

I have been working at Coty full-time

Pros

great brands and full beauty company.

Cons

many many brands and learning to focus on priorities.

Advice to Management

continue to set NA apart from the rest of the globe.

"Proceed with caution"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Coty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K match up to 6% after 90 days of employment, immediate health benefits, office closed the week of Christmas, 7 Fridays to take off in the summer, 1-2 floating holidays per year, unlimited sick days. 60% discount on products in the company store.

Cons

Lean organization with limited opportunity for promotion. Lots of nepotism with regard to the hiring process. Those that are promoted are usually those that are "yes men" to their managers/directors. I find that there is not a true spirit of collaboration and have heard team members speak poorly of others behind their backs many times and witnesses one incident where a group actively tried to get others fired by strategizing to send coordinated emails to their manager. Senior management is too focused on acquisitions to focus on the base business and it is impacting morale. The merger with P&G still undergoing growing pains and processes are constantly changing. Too much time spent preparing decks for management rather than working on the business. Lack of diversity, but that has improved a little since the P&G brands came on board.

Advice to Management

Rethink all the meetings that currently happen (especially as many result in no decisions being made) so the brand teams can focus on running the business. Not having a holiday party following the merger with the P&G brands was a HUGE miss from a morale standpoint as it would have enabled us to get to know one another better. Re-evalute internal talent down to the Manager level as there are some Managers that should be promoted and some Senior Directors that do not know what they are doing.

3. "Research analyst"

I worked at Coty full-time

Pros

The environment was good to work in

Cons

The hours sometimes good be long

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for them

"Marketing"

I worked at Coty full-time

Pros

Work life balance. Great vacation for CPG company. New CEO seems to be step in right direction.

Cons

Very toxic environment, especially on some of the branded teams. Lots of less than impressive leaders with huge egos that don't match their skills.. CEO is good but all people in between leave little to be desired.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people who are leaving. You are likely losing the good to great ones.

6. "Fine place to work"

I have been working at Coty full-time

Pros

I was treated fairly during my time

Cons

Not the most challenging work

7. "Great and Flexible Schedule - AWESOME BOSS!"

Former Employee - Fragrance Model in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Fragrance Model in Denver, CO

I worked at Coty part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My schedule was flexible with possibility of getting more hours around the holidays. This was an excellent gig while going to school and the pay was great for only part time hours.

Cons

No benefits available for part time models.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The Area/Retail Manager is amazing. She really knows her business and is dedicated and passionate about her job. Fragrance modeling can be somewhat cutthroat between different vendors. My boss gave me the training, tools, and skills that I needed to be successful in my work. Her skills to motivate the employees and everyone around her was truly inspiring and made me want to work harder for her and the company.

8. "Retail Manager"

I have been working at Coty full-time

Pros

401k program and good benefits. Great company to work for if you are self motivated.

Cons

Work most weekends during holidays.

9. "QA Inspector"

I worked at Coty full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. People on the floor are kind, helpful in getting to know the product and the work conditions are very good.

Cons

A lot of Mgmt are there just for their self-starter. If you try to make a difference in the way things are done. They tell you to basically mind your own business. If you make a simple mistake, you are written up and in some cases let go.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust the people who work for you. Remember that it takes time to learn all of the products and overloading new employees causes this person to make mistakes.

"Not a good time"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Coty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Emphasis on narrow positions can mean that you have the ability to concentrate on your work, provided you are on an overstaffed team

Cons

No leadership, no vision, no plan. Post merger is a mess, lots of redundancy, no real direction and no structure

Advice to Management

set up a structure that lends itself to success. Set up succession planning and ways for talented teams to grow.

"Big Goals - but lacking talent & culture"

I have been working at Coty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pure beauty company with singular focus

Cons

negative culture w/ many inexperienced leaders in key positions